Zules gets Tamara to read Exvulnerum

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I hope there’s also a yo-yo somewhere in there!
She knows too much.... o_o

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Yes girl, know your place and know that it is wherever you decide it is! Can we have a standing ovation for Amber’s self-supporting speech?! I’m still applauding!

Tamara said:
The random man across the street is right, this fight is going to be good!

Tamara said:
Oh. It was rather obvious that Amber was insistent upon figuring out what had happened on the rooftop and why it had happened but I had never put two and two together in my head to deduce that it was for the purpose of kickstarting her journalism career with a major breakthrough.

Tamara said:
Oh Evey. Can the two of them just shake on it, hug it out and graduate to the more advanced stages of a relationship? As entertaining as this is, I want it to come to an end and I’m sure the random man across the street does as well.

Tamara said:
I, too, still think that the two of them would make a great team! But I think they are equal in terms of apology, either both of them apologize or neither of them does.

Tamara said:
Why does Evey keep doing this?! Every time he is on the verge of being the Evey he was at the beginning of the story, he does a complete 180 and turns into someone else!

Tamara said:
Aww, it’s heart-breaking to see a dejected Amber walking away from what she believed was her chance of adventure and happiness.

Tamara said:
What’s that now?

Tamara said:
THERE IS A YO-YO. Yes!!!

Tamara said:
Don’t be disheartened, Amber dear. You don’t need people to endure your presence in order to go on the adventures you want to go on and be the person you want to be. Evey wasn’t in the wrong for thinking that you could write an article that would create such a large impact, you have a way with words! You go, Amber! This third-party member of the audience is rooting for you!

Tamara said:
Yes, he came back! But she doesn’t want him back! Make her want you back!

Tamara said:
YES! My Clamber Amber became an actual thing! I’m so happy for myself and for them (but mostly for myself)!

Tamara said:
I, too, don’t know how Amber didn’t already know that.

Tamara said:
That was such a beautiful apology! Evey has never been a man of many words but he delivered them as one would! And he opened up more than I thought he would be capable of! My heart is so full right now! Now, kiss!
NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
I cannot believe my eyes; the same boy who had been trying his best to shrug this girl off his shoulders is actually extending the offer for her to join him in his travels?! Things are happening! Things are really happening!

Tamara said:
And we’re back to normal once again and I sure hope we stay this way!

Tamara said:
I love every non-negative interaction between the two of them have!

Tamara said:
Hahaha, I thought Amber was a prime stalker but it seems as though the random dude from across the street has claimed that position from her! Ah, this comic goes from zero to hundred to zero like my heart rate monitor would while reading it!

Tamara said:
I hadn’t even realised that I completed an entire chapter, I thought it was just getting started! Exvulnerum knows just how to keep its readers invested in it and that’s an art on its own! Darn, Jimmy’s question got selected over my own! I hope I get better luck the next time around! I know this may be too much to ask but please oh please make a spin-off series of Dzuna and Zules trying to one-up each other! You cannot tease us with such high quality material like this! We want more!!!

Tamara said:
“The Circus”? My, what a mysteriously alluring introduction to the third chapter this is! What could possibly happen that would involve our two main characters and a circus? I can’t wait to find out!

Tamara said:
Ooo, I can’t wait to hear how the people of Nont speak! What an interesting, curious little town this is. You don’t see a man rushing to work on stilts everyday! Oh. He probably works at the circus, right.

Tamara said:
Amber loves taking her chances, doesn’t she? I’m looking forward to seeing how their relationship unravels after everything that has been shared between the two.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Are they actually trying to compromise?! I still cannot believe all this is happening! Talk about character development! Well, there are some things that do not change such as Evey’s and Amber’s levels of thirst for adventure.

Tamara said:
I thought I knew people who were paranoid until I was introduced to Weston. Jeez, how has Amber survived with him for this long? I would have given up on day one! Poor Amber, there are just some things you cannot run away from and hideously boring creatures seem to be one of them.

Tamara said:
Why can’t these two share a peaceful minute together without the undying urge to argue?!

Tamara said:
She has a point there, Evey, nobody is going to believe that you’re both actually going to break up at this point!

Tamara said:
Now, what’s going on at Nont train station?

Tamara said:
I suppose nothing important is going on at Nont train station but trouble does seem to follow Amber around. Come on Evey, tell her and us what is there at Inarod and perhaps we will all oblige to shutting up and letting you be on your way. My curiosity needs to be satisfied!

Tamara said:
What’s this? Evey has a mysterious (I know I’m overusing this word but I genuinely cannot find a more suitable one for certain instances) condition that does not allow him to be within close proximity of ailing people? Why not? What will happen if he is? What’s going on?! I’m just as much of a big question mark as Amber is at this point!

Tamara said:
I don’t even know what to say about someone drinking chocolate milk at a bar so I won’t say anything.

Tamara said:
Aww, cut the bartender some slack, I don’t know if handing out “How are you” s is part of his job description.

Tamara said:
You’re not supposed to be talking to strangers in a strange town! You know that and you still go ahead and do it! Amber!!! You’ve already given him too much information, now you’re going to wake up tomorrow morning without your kidneys. Great.

Tamara said:
Okay, perhaps this particular stranger isn’t particularly a kidney thief but I wouldn’t suggest that Amber take her chances nonetheless. You know he’s not a lot of things, Amber, but you also know he’s a lot of things you don’t know. Okay, even my brain hurt when I reread that sentence but I’m just going to leave it there in case anyone can make sense of it.

Tamara said:
Ooo, Amber seems to be coming to terms with her attraction towards Evey. There’s no turning back from this point!

Last edited:

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
The best part of exvulnerum is when some words in the dialogue are bolded, forcing my brain to jump to the conclusion that they simply must be puns

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
I somehow doubt that Evey abandoned Amber once again. I’m starting to get the feeling that he’s beginning to want and need her as much as she wants and needs him. On the off chance that he did decide to abandon her, well, good luck in successfully achieving that, young man! You should know better by now!

Tamara said:
I knew it! He wouldn’t have left without her! He couldn’t have left without her for more reasons than one (or at least I would like to believe so)! Leave it to Amber to create a scene!

Tamara said:
Right, so he couldn’t have left for an obvious reason that may have had nothing to do with Amber. Can you see that? That’s my spark of hope slowly flickering to death. I’m genuinely concerned about Evey now, what’s going to happen if he doesn’t reach Inarod when he’s supposed to?

Tamara said:
Leave it to Amber to diffuse the tension!

Tamara said:
Aww, Evey actually took the time and effort to ‘acquaint himself with his farce of a job’ a.k.a. make Amber happy (again, I would like to believe so, please don’t destroy this one as well)!

Tamara said:
Holy moly, he IS a nerd! And I can’t tell whether she’s turned on or off by that so I’m just going to go with the former!

Tamara said:
… Did Evey just give Amber his consent to her tagging along in his potentially dangerous expedition?! Perhaps he has accepted the fact that there is simply no use in arguing with her but I’d like to think that he actually wants her around. Hehe.

Tamara said:
So, Evey has some kind of a sixth, seventh and even eighth sense? Is there any limit to the powers Dzuna has bestowed upon him against his will?

Tamara said:
What’s the whipping? Is this where the circus comes in?

Tamara said:
So, our hero can specifically sense that somebody is being abused with a whip in a specific area specifically at night? That’s a little too much power for one man to bear. Well, at least he’s putting it to good use.

Tamara said:
Ah, here’s the circus we have all been anticipating!

Tamara said:
It’s the strange man who hasn’t proven to be a kidney thief yet! I knew that Amber had said too much to the wrong person, who would have thought they would be bumping into each other again and that too, with Evey around?! Let’s just hope that our circus professional isn’t one of the bad guys. On a side note, Nont’s dialect definitely does not disappoint!

Tamara said:
It’s a tiger cub!!! That poor little thing!!! Thank goodness for Evey and his newfound supernatural powers! He just became a hundred times more attractive! Gosh, I hope that this tiger is one like Rajah from Aladdin and will accompany the two all the way to Inarod and beyond! And if not, I hope it’s reunited with whoever it was taken away from! Boycott all circuses!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
How could he have known indeed? None of us can make sense of him even though we know what has happened to him right from the start! He truly is something extraordinary but I want to know what exactly it is that is extraordinary about him.

Tamara said:
Did he seriously just open a cage containing a wild animal and hug it to his chest? That’s some balls right there. Yes, the poor little thing is probably tamed and traumatised beyond comprehension but still! The reading on Evey’s attractiveness meter is rising with every panel now! Something doesn’t feel right about the tail jutting out from behind the curtain… As much as I want tigers to be saved from barbaric treatment, I would not recommend Evey to go investigate any further.

Tamara said:
Did he seriously just hand over the baby tiger to Amber like it is a harmless toddler…?

Tamara said:
I knew it! Picking that one up is definitely not a good idea. Going in there wasn’t a good idea in the first place and now you know why.

Tamara said:
Amber is a tiger-holding, abuser-kicking badass! You had that coming ever since you laid your first whip on a tiger, ugly purple freak!

Tamara said:
Umm, Amber. Your friend is kind of trapped in a cage with a fully grown, adult tiger who probably resents humans more than words can describe; now’s not the time to be philosophizing about donuts with sprinkles or categories of wizards! Get him out of there! Or is she purposely leaving him trapped in there to find out what exactly he’s capable of doing? I wouldn’t be taking that risk, Amber! I really wouldn’t!

Tamara said:
Yes, he’s actually scared! And you know how uncharacteristic it is for him to get scared so would you please just hurry up and unlock the door!

Tamara said:
Oh no. This is definitely not going to have a desirable outcome.

Tamara said:
Oh no, oh no, oh no. This cannot be good. This is not good. I can’t look.

Tamara said:
… I guess tigers really are just big cats; both factually and metaphorically. Trust Amber to be the one to defend her friend from a tiger by petting it. That’s all folks, you can all go home now.

Last edited:

EstherTb

Pizza
Umbration

Duality
Tamara telling me to go home, and me already at home....

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Oh. My. Gosh. Fangirl mode is on and maximized again! I hope this is the part where Evey realises that he’s in love and they share a romantic kiss as soon as she manages to free him from what was almost his cause of death. Of course, that’s not going to happen but can you blame a girl for having hopes? Can you?!

Tamara said:
Oh no, our onsite villain has disappeared. This definitely can’t be good.

Tamara said:
How did Amber even manage to fall victim to such an elaborate booby trap?! However are they going to get out of this one?!

Tamara said:
Umm, ugly purple freak? Are you sure they’re the ones who are the criminals in this case? Are you sure they’re the ones who are going to deal with consequences at the hands of the law? You’re not as bright as your outfit, are you?

Tamara said:
Please be a good guy, circus professional! Please! Also, does this always happen? Is there why there’s an extremely elaborate booby trap in such a strategic position? Does the fact that there are still caged, abused tigers at the circus mean that all previous attempts of saving them were unsuccessful? Is our circus professional a good guy?!

Tamara said:
Good on the popcorn vendor for quitting, even he had a guilty conscience (again, I’d like to think that’s the reason)! You should have listened to Evey, UPF. He can’t be contained.

Tamara said:
UPF is one of the worst onsite villains I have ever seen. Why would he just stand there and tell Evey to stop trying to save himself instead of doing something to prevent that from happening? UPF, go home.

Tamara said:
Yes Amber, you need to pay a lot of attention to where you step and also how much time you waste in crucial, life-threatening situations.

Tamara said:
Aha, those acrobats practicing while there’s a great struggle going on right in front of them is the exact work ethic every employer in the job market is on the lookout for!

Tamara said:
Oh, maybe the acrobats couldn’t actually see what was going on… My bad! You know, I actually do think that an acrobatic show would be very entertaining when upside down. At least somebody is having fun amidst the struggle!

Tamara said:
… Did this boy just snap his own ribcage in order to slip through the bars of a cage?

Tamara said:
I hope you do face a manslaughter charge amongst many others, UPF. What was that you were trying to say earlier? Ah, yes. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime!

Tamara said:
That was glorious. Breaking your own bones to escape captivity and punching your captor square in the face just as he is begging for you to be alive? That’s glory right there. I hope UPF’s mates in the big house rough him up badly enough for him to be reciting his entire family tree.

Tamara said:
Why does Evey look surprised?!

Last edited:

Marken

keeper of the likes
Umbration

Radiance
> I hope UPF’s mates in the big house rough him up badly enough for him to be reciting his entire family tree.
lol

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
"I hope UPF’s mates in the big house rough him up badly enough for him to be reciting his entire family tree."

"I hope UPF’s mates"

"UPF’s mates"

"MATES"

Oh no.

Another Australian.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
What- What?! Did these acrobats just mistaken Amber as part of their performance or are they genuinely trying to save her? Either way, they’ve accomplished both deeds so it’s a win-win situation!

Tamara said:
Look at Amber and Evey complimenting each other’s escapes! And look at Evey being genuinely impressed by and concerned for her! Did they just- They just hugged!!! You guys, Amber and Evey just had their first official hug! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Also, petition to increase the benefits of acrobats!

Tamara said:
Well, on the bright side, Circus Phantom is definitely a much cooler job title than Heavy Evey!

Tamara said:
I love how Amber can turn any situation around and make it amusing. Ah, I like where this is going! Now I can only hope that the tigers have a happy ending too!

Tamara said:
Damn, accounting is really out there robbing all other industries of candidates. I guess that’s where the real money is (pun unintended). So, what are you exactly, Evey? Please, do enlighten us.

Tamara said:
Wait, how did this onsite circus professional not know that the tigers are being abused? Something doesn’t add up here. Somebody isn’t telling the truth.

Tamara said:
Yes girl! Sue the man! He definitely was the mastermind behind all of this! After all, circus professional is too broad of a term to want to be referred to as!

Tamara said:
Another lengthy court scandal?! Oh, he’s definitely up to no good.

Tamara said:
Rational Evey is back at it again! Don’t just stop at his automobile, take everything he has to give!

Tamara said:
No, why would you just ask for a ride? Take the whole car with you and keep it for yourself! Sigh. I see why that wouldn’t be fair in retrospect but I’m going to say “I told you so!” when you find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere yet again!

Tamara said:
Evey is indeed the best travel guide but we’ll save that for later because there’s ANOTHER romantic gesture that I need to fangirl over!!! This chapter has made me so happy so far, I can’t even begin to describe it (which is what I’m actually supposed to be doing here but argh, I can’t! Too much cuteness!). This is the start of the Evember story! Okay, that just sounds like a month nobody has bothered to acknowledge. This is the start of the Ambley story!

Tamara said:
Maybe if I continue saying it, it will eventually happen. Please make these conversations between Dzuna and Zules a thing!!!

Tamara said:
Also, wow, Dzuna really does look like your standard emo movie theatre employee who really doesn’t want to be there (or anywhere at all, for that matter) with a mouth! I hope we get to see Zules with eyes at the end of the next chapter!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Hello and welcome back to my readlog! The one advantage of being back after such a long time is that I can enjoy the pleasure of rereading the story under the guise of memory recollection (I’ve bamboozled myself; I remember it all!) because this story (and don’t even get me started on the budding relationship that I’m eagerly awaiting for to blossom and bloom!) is always worth a second (and third and fourth and all the way until the nth power) read! Without further ado, let’s find out who ‘her friend’ is and why he appears to be surrounded by a halo of levitating multicoloured space rocks! I hope he’s not Thanos reincarnated!

Tamara said:
Woah, somebody needs to get a good night’s sleep! Amber is an accurate representation of me in my 8am lectures when somebody attempts to start a conversation. Poor Evey, always getting the rough end of the stick in every situation.

Tamara said:
Poor Evey indeed. ‘Things going according to plan’ is probably an extremely foreign concept to him at this point. It seems as though he has already learned that nothing is going to change her mind and therefore he shouldn’t waste any effort in trying to do so but hey, every misdirection in their path is a new adventure for my OTP so I’m not one to complain!

Tamara said:
I have to appreciate how Amber is as unphased about all the dramatic events of the past 24 hours as soon as the word ‘carnival’ enters her ears. Sure, we almost got horrendously mauled by a tiger and her cub and were caught in the midst of an elaborate trap set up by a psychopathic circus master but hey, corn dogs and smiles, am I right?! Also, Amber reminds me of my 5-year-old self beating up my much older brother for that one fun thing he that he would rather die than be caught doing. Let’s just hope Evey is a better ‘brother’ in this case.

Ah Evey, I thought you realised that there’s no point in arguing with her but here you are doing just that. When will you learn?!

Tamara said:
What happens when two people with conflicting interests travel together? This. Exactly this; an accurate depiction of every road trip I’ve had with my family ever. On one hand, you have the rational and logical one trying to reach the destination and on the other hand, you have the emotional and adventurous one trying to enjoy the ride.

We all know who is going to get the upper hand in this situation.

Tamara said:
Oooooo, Amber is slick! Amber is smooth! Amber’s got moves! And poor, poor, poor Evey is left feeling screamy. When will he be put out of his misery?! Stay tuned till we solve the mystery!

Tamara said:
Ah, Amber being Amber. Whatever would we do without her? But more importantly, whatever will Evey do with her?

Tamara said:
Now, what do we have here…? Is Amber trying to diffuse the tension? Is she trying to distract herself from the train wreck of a journey she’s been having? Or is she just generally having a bad day?

Tamara said:
Why is Evey suddenly looking at her like that in the last panel? Hmm…

Tamara said:
Okay, I was not expecting Evey to join in so (un)enthusiastically. He’s not as frustrated as he seemed a few minutes ago. And a bonus point, he’s got a great aim, ladies!

Tamara said:
Why is almost every male character in this comic so unenthusiastic?! Well, I’ll give this guy an excuse; he’s a service staff and they have officially seen everything and are universally done with life.

Tamara said:
Aww, as much as I feel for the guy, it’s sweet how Amber will fight so hard for Evey to get his prize.

Tamara said:
Okay, perhaps Amber is fighting a tad bit too hard… What’s going on with this girl…? Evey looks like he’s wondering the same thing.

Tamara said:
Yeah, this is really not going to be Amber’s day. But knowing her, I know that every time a bubble of hers pops, she’ll blow a new one.

Tamara said:
I’m so in love with the contrasting personalities of Evey and Amber; they’re very much like the angel and devil sitting on my shoulders watching me spending money I don’t have.

Tamara said:
Ooo, a pinata! I’ve never had a chance to beat the bejesus out of one before. I’m amazed at how carnivals manage to rig everything; how on earth do you manage to rig a freaking pinata?!

Tamara said:
Wow. That could have gone terribly, horribly wrong but how many of those situations end up with a shower of free candy! I hope Amber at least gets to taste what she reaped.

Tamara said:
Well, at least she willingly passed on getting to taste them so it’s an overall win-win situation.

Tamara said:
Evey looks just about as done as one can possibly look.

Tamara said:
I forgot just how far my ship had sailed the last time but now I’m perfectly reminded of it! Evey and Amber are the best on-screen comic couple-to-be I have ever come across! I love how Amber is trying her very best to cheer Evey up and how he’s appreciating it! Talk about character and relationship development! Did it just get hot in here or is it the heat radiating from their relationship?! I’m fawning!

Last edited:

EstherTb

Pizza
Umbration

Duality
:D This was a great readlog! I might just end up reading Exvulnerum for the 12th time~