Zules gets Tamara to read Exvulnerum

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
I don’t understand why Amberleigh won’t just cooperate with Evey in escaping the crime scene and then rush him to a hospital if she’s that insistent upon it? That would be a win-win situation! I suppose she momentarily forgot that avoiding consequences is only for the rich and powerful and Evey certainly does not fall under that category.

Tamara said:
Ooo, he’s beginning to rip his shirt off! I probably shouldn’t be getting so excited in this particular situation though. What could possibly be underneath for him to be able to prove his point? Or is it rather something that’s not there?

Tamara said:
Bingo! Something is not there and, in this case, it’s a gunshot wound. But how is it possible for our window washer to be drenched in his own blood if there is no opening on his body for it to exit out of?

Tamara said:
Well, I was definitely asking all the questions and making all the deductions as Amberleigh but I can’t say I arrived at a conclusion anywhere near hers!

Tamara said:
Evey’s level of being done with everything that’s happening to him is my daily mood.

Tamara said:
Evey does not want to explain why he just survived a fatal gunshot but is it because he himself does not know or he simply does not want to tell?

Tamara said:
Our boy has snapped and given it straight to Amberleigh. My anxiety is increasing with every minute they spend on the window washing lift, get out of there already!!!

Tamara said:
Woo, Evey’s looking fabulous! Something tells me that he would suit the rich lifestyle just fine!

Tamara said:
Amberleigh is totally me in serious situations, I just hope her sense of humour doesn’t land them in trouble anytime soon. I’m glad she’s getting the adventure she wanted though!

Tamara said:
Oh no, why would a police officer question a completely unsuspicious duo about their completely unsuspicious doings?!

Tamara said:
On the way to go lift some weights? I know she was put on the spot but I expect Amberleigh to do better than that! They’re lucky that the police officer isn’t the brightest of bulbs.

Tamara said:
They’re even luckier that the entire police department seems to be from the dimmer selection. Let’s hope that our favourite duo is able to get out of this situation without any further unfortunate turns of events.

Tamara said:
Wow, Amberleigh actually managed to strike a wrong chord with Evey.

Tamara said:
As annoying as I would fine her if I were in Evey’s shoes, I actually want the answers to her questions as desperately as she does. You don’t see a man get shot just to have the bullet and the wound vanish into thin air everyday.

Tamara said:
Is Evey just going to up and leave Amberleigh and everything they had together for the past hour like that?! Tell me this isn’t happening because it seems as though Amberleigh wants to hear the same thing. Somebody is in love! But I need it to be mutual!
NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
There’s no going back to boring activities in boring hotel rooms for Amberleigh anymore now that she’s had a taste of the wilder things in life. You have to love a girl who creates her own adventures!

Tamara said:
Yes girl, make up a ridiculous excuse to see that boy again!

Tamara said:
Ooo, she knows exactly what she’s doing! But I don’t see Evey coming around to the very same place armed guards are on the lookout for the girl he’s coming to meet (who will most probably be sneaking out to see him) ending well. I don’t see it ending well at all.

Tamara said:
Wait, how is she already safe and sound in her hotel room and all packed up and ready to leave for another adventure?

Tamara said:
Robin is a glasses-wearing, lollipop-licking little boy? Girl, I highly doubt there’s much practice you could have gotten from fighting him! I also highly doubt that he will be able to keep a secret but I have been wrong with my assumption once; let’s hope this is another case of that!

Tamara said:
Amberleigh is such a sweet elder sister!

Tamara said:
And her little brother, well, let’s just say that she may have inherited some genes that he hasn’t. I know I’ve been requesting too many spin-offs at this point but I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t read one about Amberleigh and the little guy going on all her adventures together! Kudos to her for finally spreading her wings and taking off!

Tamara said:
Oh no, looks like we have reached the end of the first chapter. That was a fun and wild ride. There was a sharp contrast between the prologue and the first chapter. I was expecting to see a continuation of Evey’s life immediately after the unfortunate and unexpected death of his father and possibly only living relative, more of Dzuna and more about these mysterious circumstances surrounding the discoveries and deaths but I’m highly satisfied with what I received from the first chapter because it indeed delivered!

Tamara said:
Yep, I was definitely pronouncing Dzuna’s name wrongly but it’s so deeply ingrained in my head that I don’t think I’ll be able to mentally pronounce it any differently from now on, sorry! You want real questions? I can’t say that I have any which haven’t already been asked in the past thirty pages but I’ll send them anyway. Why oh why did Mr. Kendrickson do what he did? What happened to Evey right after his father’s death and how did those events result in him becoming a window washer in a neighbouring town? And of course, the elephant in the room; how oh how did Evey get miraculously resurrected from a certain, horrible death? Will we be seeing more of Evey and Amberleigh in the near future (I will personally flip tables if the answer is ‘no’)? Where is Dzuna and what is she doing besides getting annoyed at Zules?

A girl needs answers!

Last edited:

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Yep, I was definitely pronouncing Dzuna’s name wrongly, but it’s so deeply ingrained in my head that I don’t think I’ll be able to mentally pronounce it any differently from now on, sorry!
:cautious: I may or may not have the same problem

I’m curious how you pronounce it mentally...

Jo Michelle

Oh no. I've been pronouncing Dzuna's name wrong for a year.... xDDD:uhhwhat:

I kinda skipped the Ask Dzuna pages in my read through I wanted more Amber and Evey okay?!? xD

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Oh no. I've been pronouncing Dzuna's name wrong for a year.... xDDD:uhhwhat:

I kinda skipped the Ask Dzuna pages in my read through I wanted more Amber and Evey okay?!? xD
Does that mean you skipped the West parts of chapter 4, or did his laundry desert adventure draw you in?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
“Be my travel guide”? PLEASE tell me that this chapter is all about Evey the drifter taking Amberleigh the explorer on all kinds of adventures around the world! I’m refusing to accept anything less than that! Evey and Amberleigh all the way!

Tamara said:
It’s Evey and Amberleigh again! Eek! Evey has better things to do with his life but Amberleigh has other plans for him! Stay tuned to find out exactly what they are!

Tamara said:
Well, turns out that Evey isn’t too interested in executing those plans. As much as I want it to happen, I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t be too enthusiastic if someone showed up in my life, significantly changed it over the course of an hour and then asked for further involvement in it. Also, is it just me or does their money have an actual pirate on it? Hmm.

Tamara said:
As usual, I have the same question as Amberleigh. What IS in Inarod? What could Evey possibly be travelling all the way there for and what could he possibly be wanting to do in such privacy?

Tamara said:
Aww, poor Evey (and poor Amberleigh). Amberleigh will never be able to forget that she met him and neither will I!

Tamara said:
Sweet Amberleigh. She’s beginning to seem more concerned about his wellbeing than her desire for sharing experiences with him.

Tamara said:
She was successful in making him turn around with what seems like second thoughts. Let’s see where this goes.

Tamara said:
I suppose he didn’t follow-up on those second thoughts but somebody else doesn’t seem as though she’s anywhere near giving up on pursuing her interests! There’s a girl who knows how to follow her dreams!

Tamara said:
Evey is stuck on an overnight train and is pondering his financial situation when somebody whispers to him from across the aisle but who could that be?!

Tamara said:
What could she possibly be doing there? Oh, this is going to be very interesting!

Tamara said:
Amberleigh is me with all the crushes I had in middle and high school. And Evey is all the crushes I had in middle and high school. I relate to this page more than I am proud to admit.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Urgh, every passenger’s nightmare. Being stuck on a vehicle travelling a long-distance and having a sudden explosive diarrhoea attack. Let’s hope the man’s condition doesn’t involve any bodily fluids.

Tamara said:
Why does Evey look like he knows what’s going on…

Tamara said:
Why would Evey do something as dramatic as pulling the emergency brake and hopping off the train in the middle of nowhere? Can he not be in close proximity with the man in pain? But why? There’s a huge commotion going on in the train, nobody cares about your clothes going everywhere, lady! What is happening?!

Tamara said:
You can’t be in there with things like that? Well, things like what exactly?! Why would you resolve to being stuck in the middle of nowhere without any money when you have somewhere to be and have spent all your money to get there?!

Tamara said:
Evey, we need answers and we are not going to leave you alone until you give them to us!

Tamara said:
Aha, here’s to the train attendant who is still concerned about delivering that eye mask!

Tamara said:
I wish Evey opened up to Amberleigh as much as she did to him but perhaps it’s that mysterious allure that has compelled her to pursue him so intently. My wishes are coming true, they’re both stuck in the middle of nowhere together! Eek!

Tamara said:
Did you really pick an insane guy to run off with now? I’m quite convinced that stalking someone and intentionally getting stranded in a place with them is not exactly something a sane person would do.

Tamara said:
Oh Evey. Didn’t you know that saying something couldn’t possibly get worse is exactly how you make things get worse? I wonder just how bad things can get.

Tamara said:
Phew, she prefers Amber. That’s five less letters for me to type out now!

Tamara said:
Evey is rather good at this guessing game but if he could hear me, I would assure him that she does not come off as obnoxiously rich and important as her last name. Quirky Amber and nonchalant Evey are back at it again! Yay!

Tamara said:
I wonder how many times in his life Evey has had to say “It’s just Evey”.

Tamara said:
Amber needs to brush up on her rhyming skills because there are plenty of good nicknames she has missed out on. Clamber Amber has a nice ring to it but I do suppose it would be difficult trying to make sense of it. (Now I have the song from Danny Phantom which goes “Amber, do you remember?” on loop in my head, thanks for that!).

Tamara said:
If somebody referred to a person as Heavy Evey, I would assume the complete opposite of a pro wrestler because that totally sounds like a label a fat guy would get.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Is anybody looking for a professional sports commentator because I have just the candidate for you! Seriously though, Amber has a bright future at her local sports stadium if she ever decides to walk down that path.

Tamara said:
Does she know that yo-yos don’t work like boomerangs when you let go of their strings or does she simply have a knack for trying to minimize Evey’s possessions as much as possible?

Tamara said:
I’m convinced that it’s the second option. Also, how does Evey manage to sound so much like my mother when I’ve lost or broken yet another object in our household?

Tamara said:
Oops, seems as though Amber has managed to strike a wrong chord yet again. I hope that yo-yo wasn’t too sentimental to Evey or else this is definitely going to be used against her in the future.

Tamara said:
Did the same girl who said that there’s nothing to do outdoors before flopping onto the ground also just say that walking outdoors is energizing? Things are happening, all in the name of love!

Tamara said:
Where is this legendary memo pad Amber is talking about because I, for one, have never seen it with my own two eyes? You’re going to miss out on all the good details, girl, start writing!

Tamara said:
I don’t know how I can relate so much to both personalities in this scenario; Amber and Evey are literally my two default moods.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
So, I just learned that ‘plummeting moons’ isn’t a term that rich people exclusively use. Sorry about the rant earlier, Mr. Goglio. I think I have to apologise to him for a number of things as he hasn’t yet proven himself guilty of them but I’ll save that for later. I know I’ve said this one too many times before but Amber and Evey are like those two voices in my head arguing with each other when things get out of hand and I don’t know what to do. Amber seems to be striking more wrong chords with Evey, I hope she doesn’t push him to the point where he would rather fall of the edge. Evey’s had a bad month, by the looks and sound of it.

Tamara said:
There it is. The sad backstory. This is why you have to be cautious with the people whose legs you’re trying to pull, Amber. Evey has had enough at this point and Amber has not left a good first, second or third impression on him. Yikes.

Tamara said:
A cabin in the woods? That can’t be good. Evey, haven’t you heard of guest etiquette? At least knock on the door and look for signs of life around the house before you decide that you’re going to invite yourself into a mysterious cabin in the woods. This is the most common cause of death in horror movies but I suppose death isn’t something Evey is too worried about.

Tamara said:
You two can’t just walk into someone’s house and eat their food and sleep in their beds! Does blondie here think she’s Goldilocks because she really isn’t! Heaven knows what kind of entity the three bears in this story is going to be!

Tamara said:
Oh no, things aren’t going well between the two of them. Evey has his own personal demons (quite literally) that he’s fighting and Amber is running away from her own problems right into the arms of somebody who doesn’t quite want to embrace her just yet.

Tamara said:
Oh no, are they having their first real fight? I can understand both sides of the story but I don’t think either of them are going to anytime soon. As much as I agree with Amber’s argument, I don’t think she is being fair to Evey as she has been somewhat an inconvenience to him throughout his journey. Fighting with the one person you’re stranded with is not a good idea.

Tamara said:
Okay, now Evey is being unfair and proving her point about men constantly treating her different because of her gender.

Tamara said:
Amber just said everything I was thinking about her interrupting what could have been the revelation of his big secret had it not been for her undying need to win the argument. Now she will be up all night wondering what his secret is and so will I! So close yet so far…

Tamara said:
Props to Amber for trying to understand Evey’s side of the story and the reason behind his strange behaviour and attitude. She would make a perfect journalist. Evey’s most certainly unlike anyone she’s tired of. As a matter of fact, he’s probably unlike anyone she has ever met. I hope he gives her a chance to see that.

Tamara said:
Yes Amber, you do not have to inconvenience yourself and put yourself in danger just to prove a point to someone who isn’t around to witness it! You’re no brainless guy! Solid reasoning there, Amber.

Tamara said:
Evey does not look or sound good. Then again, he hasn’t looked or sounded good for a while now. Who is that who just told him not to steal?! I hope it was Amber and not some malevolent figure who has been hiding in the dark all night.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Aww, it’s Father Kendrickson! My poor darling Evey! Everything is going to be okay sooner than later.

Tamara said:
Where does Amber get all her positivity and enthusiasm for life?! Can she please give me references because I could sure use some of that right now!

Tamara said:
Did Evey seriously leave without her?! He wouldn’t! But did he…?

Tamara said:
I don’t think he really did either. I don’t think he could have just either.

Tamara said:
What’s this, a booby trap strategically located on the footpath right outside an unoccupied cabin in the woods? Just what I anticipated.

Tamara said:
I cannot image a life where I am protected and kept under watch no matter where I am, who I’m with or what I’m doing. If I was Amber, I would have done the running away a long, long time ago.

Tamara said:
Well, that was unexpected (as is a lot of things in this comic, please don’t come after me for all these repetitive phrases). Amber don’t need no man! As a matter of fact, she don’t need nobody!

Tamara said:
What are the odds that Evey is presented with the perfect opportunity to be Heavy Evey?! It’s a shame that Amber isn’t around to hear about this, she would have just the right thing to say to set him off!

Tamara said:
Yay, both our main characters have the conscience to do the right thing or more importantly, not do the wrong thing.

Tamara said:
Aha, looks like Evey will be hitting the bottom of the barrel after all! Gosh, I love the humour in this!

Tamara said:
How on Earth did Amber manage to find Evey? I love how her reaction upon seeing him isn’t anger or annoyance but rather satisfaction with her newfound lifestyle. That’s a grown, mature adult right there! And she bought things for grown, mature adults lost in strange woods and towns!

Tamara said:
Aww, she even bought him a new jacket! I hope there’s also a yo-yo somewhere in there! And we’re back to the natural state of Amber being her quirky self and Evey having none of it! Atta boy and girl!

Tamara said:
Ooo, Amber here knows the words to get him! But it didn’t work before, will it work now? He is desperate for money but is he desperate enough to make barrels or do whatever he can to not hit the bottom of them including giving in to the one thing he has been unsuccessfully resisting?!

Tamara said:
Wow, am I actually seeing this correctly? Are they actually in agreement for the first time? Do they actually totally understand each other now? I can’t believe my eyes!

Tamara said:
Well, Amber still has her ulterior motives and Evey stands a chance to make a profit out of them. But will he?

Tamara said:
My fangirl mode has been activated to the maximum level!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Tamara said:
Aaand now it has been disabled once again. Why is Evey trying so hard to push Amber away?! Why?!