Zules gets Tamara to read Exvulnerum

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Awh, she has barely even said ten words but I love Caroline already! Yeah, no, I do not think Evey is going to be able to pass his curse onto this one!

Tamara said:
Yup, he’s definitely not going to be able to pass his curse onto this one, not after he finds out that she has a baby who is completely and utterly dependent upon her. Nuh-uh, not happening.

Tamara said:
And that is the face of somebody who just realised that he’s better off burying himself alive in a secret location far away from all of humanity.

Tamara said:
I wonder how he’s going to answer that question!

Tamara said:
If only you knew the reason why he came to see you… That would be a fun conversation; “Hey, I know we haven’t seen each other in years but I have this curse that’s kind of a minor inconvenience and I was wondering if you’d like to have it instead? Great, thank you!”.

Tamara said:
Ooo, what’s pocket-style food? Oh, it’s the place, Pocket. Right. I totally did not try Googling that just now at all, what are you talking about?

Tamara said:
Yes Evey, you can’t do this to her and her family so why do you look like you’re still debating on whether or not you should? I don’t think anybody is deserving of the curse but especially not someone who has no choice but to be around a clumsy toddler who will most probably try to kill himself at night on more than one occasion!

Tamara said:
Well, that took an unexpected turn… I don’t know why he still feels the need to question it when he knows, without a doubt, that he is in love with Amber.

Tamara said:
A speech like this is one I never expected to see in this comic but I’m so glad that I did; there are a lot of themes being explored and a lot of genres being considered, it truly is a very interesting and entertaining read! I’m so happy for Jonah and Caroline too, look at how wholesome she is when she talks about the love of her life! Aaa, I can’t wait to have that!

Tamara said:
Evey looks like he just realised something… but what?

Tamara said:
Wait, what?! Huh?! Is this just Evey trying to convince himself that he isn’t in love with Amber and that she’s not the most and only eligible candidate to receive his curse? Why would he do that after seeing for himself how much Caroline would have to sacrifice if she were to receive it instead? He can’t still be considering giving it to her! I understand that he desperately wants a solution for the suffering he went through the past two months but this just ain’t it!
NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Tamara is in for a rough ride this next scene....

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Oh My God, he actually tried giving her the curse!!! He and we both knew that nothing was going to happen but I can’t believe he actually tried to do it! Evey, how could you?! After all that she has done and after all that she has become?! Evey!!!

Tamara said:
… That went from 0 to 101 real quick. Evey, you can’t force feelings for someone and you can’t force your curse onto someone else without strong-enough feelings for them either!!! And you need to stop trying, that woman is a wife and a mother and her baby is watching this entire event unfold before his very eyes; THAT’S how you traumatise a child! Urgh, please stop!

Tamara said:
And I thought the previous page went from 0 to 101 real quick…

I am going through a lot of thoughts and feelings right now and I don’t know if I have the ability to write them all down but I’m going to try my best to do so. First things first, I understand where Evey is coming from (although this does not justify his actions). He was living a life which was considered as normal to him until he became an orphan with one of the most diabolical curses known to mankind overnight. Every night for the past two months, he has been experiencing chronic pain that is significantly intensified from the pain that a human body is capable of experiencing. Following the direction of your moral compass is easier said than done in this situation. I think this page is an accurate depiction of the desperation of one who has invisible, chronic pain to cure himself of it, even it is by immoral means.

Having said that, I think this page is also an accurate depiction of how easy it is for one to let go of their morals when in a situation that calls for it. At the end of the day, the vast majority of us are motivated by self-interest and we have the tendency to not give as much consideration to other parties involved and how our decisions may affect them when we are driven by the results we can achieve.

I sympathize with Evey but I don’t condone his actions.

Let’s see what happens next.

Tamara said:
You messed with the wrong woman, Evey! You should have known better than to do that to Caroline, of all people! I don’t see this ending well for you… I don’t see this ending well for you at all.

Tamara said:
Yup, this is not going to end well for him at all. It’s bad enough that he’s a wanted fugitive and now he has possible assault and attempted murder charges waiting to be added to his already colourful record? Good job, Evey, good job.

Tamara said:
Ooo, convenient prop placement! I think Evey has just understood why his dad did what he did; I’m not sure many fathers out there would be able to live with that.

Tamara said:
Umm, Evey, how did you expect Caroline to be able to handle that?! She would have had it worse than the both of you!

Tamara said:
What ARE you doing indeed, you need to get out of there and you need to do it now! I don’t know if I’m more worried for Evey’s or Caroline’s safety at this point.

Tamara said:
Why won’t Evey give himself a break from all these run-ins with the law? He does not have the prestigious last names of Amber and West to save him if were he to get caught again. I hope he manages to flee the scene!

Tamara said:
A literal self-reflection, nice. I know I shouldn’t be so ready to forgive Evey for what he just did but I can’t help feeling sorry for him and understanding where he’s coming from, that’s just what pain and desperation to overcome it does to a person who has bottled it up inside of him for so long. I’m just glad that Caroline managed to defend herself and put an end to whatever it is that was back there.

Tamara said:
You deserved her kindness, Evey, you deserve all the kindness you get, but you did not repay her for it in the way that she deserves.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Thank you for doing the kind deed of spelling out all the events which occurred within the last few minutes and making sure none of us missed out on anything while we totally weren’t here to witness it, Dzuna.

Tamara said:
But you know what, she does have a valid point. Just don’t tell her that I said that.

Tamara said:
Great, now he’s gone and given her that too, just great! If Dzuna’s ego was inflated before, you can tie a basket to it and go sailing across the seven continents’ skies now.

Tamara said:
Woah, can I just say that I love the artistic rendition here? I never though a 2D comic would play out so effectively in my head, it’s just like a clip out of a movie but better!

Tamara said:
Why is Dzuna going to such great lengths to prove a point which has already been taken? Could she please go seek for attention elsewhere? That would be very much appreciated!

Tamara said:
Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it! I have a feeling he’s going to confess his feelings for Amber and as much as I’d love to hear it myself, I don’t want him to give that to Dzuna as well! She’s taken too much from him and she’s not going to stop if she keeps getting what she wants!!!
I hope he tries to be funny and says “it” after that build-up (yes, outdated joke but I’m an old-fashioned gal, sue me).

Tamara said:
Aaannnddd he gave it to her. Wait, he’s still giving it to her… Don’t finish that sentence! Don’t do it (but lowkey, please do it because I’ve been waiting so long for this)!

Tamara said:
NOOOOOO (pronounced “YESSSSSSSSSSSS”)!!! HE SAID IT! HE FINALLY SAID IT!

THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE MOMENT WE’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Oh My God, he admitted that he had feelings for Amber!!!
Sorry, I’m still trying to get over the last page. Where are we now? Ah, yes.

Tamara said:
Yes, magical… What is it that he’s realising now…? Dzuna’s magical, Gradenko is magical, West is somehow magical as hard as that is to believe and you’re magical too. Now, what was there before your (and our) very eyes and under our very noses that we failed to see and smell earlier? Hmm…

Tamara said:
Okay, I thought he was going somewhere with that but apparently he’s not.

Dzuna is more than able to do something but the question is; will she want to do it? I think not.

Tamara said:
And I thought right! And this is one of those instances where I hate being right!

Tamara said:
Bringing your curse ward (at least that’s what I think he is to her?) down to his knees and then down to your feet is low (pun unintended), even for a deimon like you.

Tamara said:
“Long-Term King of Pain” are words I do not want to see together in the same sentence! Gah! I understand that Dzuna’s job requirements has moulded her into becoming an insensitive being but how much longer is she going to revel in Evey’s suffering?!

Tamara said:
Again, she may be able to change the rules but the real question is; will she want to do it?

Tamara said:
Fair enough. I hate for Evey to have this curse and I’d hate for Amber to have it but rules are rules and if Mr. Kendrickson had to pass the curse to his own and only son and then kill himself out of guilt then it’s only fair that the succeeding Monarchs of Pain are not provided with any alternatives.

Tamara said:
You heard him, Dzuna. He is not going to pass the curse to Amber so you’re stuck with him for the rest of his life (which is probably going to be the rest of your life as well).

Tamara said:
Has Evey been in love before (crushes like Caroline don’t count)? Has he ever been in love with someone as much as he is in love with Amber? Because I don’t think this boy quite understands how love works or more importantly, how love doesn’t work.

Tamara said:
I wonder how many times Dzuna has seen this in her lifetime because she looks about as done as someone without a mouth can possibly look.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Ahahahahahahahaha, a week or two? A week or two?!

Oh Evey, my sweet summer child, how so very adorable of you.

Tamara said:
… I don’t know if this is going to be the same thing that Dzuna is going to spell out but Evey, sweetheart, replacing Amber with someone else only means that that’s another person you’re going to have to add onto your list of people you cannot pass the curse onto.

He used to be so smart, so rational and now this curse is making him think and act solely based on the emotions he feels in the heat of the moment. Sad. So very sad.

Tamara said:
He really loves Amber, huh? As much as I don’t want Amber to have to experience the, uh, negative side effects of the curse, I would be lying if I said that her and Dzuna are a duo I’m not dying to see! Gosh, I can’t think of anything that would be more entertaining than Amber being her usual ditzy self and Dzuna reaching undiscovered levels of being done with the human race.

Tamara said:
Oh… NOW he’s starting to piss you off? And you weren’t pissed off with him at any point in time prior to this occasion? Let me rephase that; all those times you ruthlessly tormented him was genuinely for the sake of your own fun and entertainment?

Be careful, Evey, be very careful. I’m not sure either you or I want to find out just what a pissed off Dzuna is capable of.

Tamara said:
Woah, I was so deeply invested in this chapter that I forgot it had to end! It’s very interesting to see an original write-up for a scene and it would have been very interesting to see Amber getting kidnapped while she was still with the Evey we believed to be cold and heartless. Ah well, I can’t complain about the way things turned out (well, I can but I understand that it is all necessary for plot and character development and as an uncredited wise old person in history once said, “Good things come to those who wait”.)!

Tamara said:
Hah! Something managed to scare Dzuna for a change, great going Zules! I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in the next chapter!

Tamara said:
Bachelor Evey?! Please tell me that this chapter is going to feature Evey on a speed dating spree with pretentious, preppy girls or whatever it is their era’s version of Tinder would be! As much as I’d like to see a continuation of the Amberleigh Chronicles, I’d like just as much to see Evey having to deal with the harsh realities of the dating life; I’m sure he wouldn’t mind holding on to Exvulnerum a lit-tle longer after that!

Also, glad to see the yoyo getting the major debut it deserves!

Tamara said:
How is a curse guardian better at keeping up with the latest fashion trends than my teenaged self? I really need to do a self-re-evaluation after this chapter. I want to give the boy credit after all he has been through but why does it seem as though Evey’s last two brain cells aren’t giving their all?

Tamara said:
And where can I sign up to be a street magician in Calit?

Tamara said:
… Evey could get rid of Dzuna THAT easily?! Boy, why hadn’t you done this earlier?! Or did you just enjoy seeing Dzuna suffer at the sound of the hot dog song? You evil little thing, I like you.

Tamara said:
Is this the undead hobo I’m seeing in flesh and blood?! How does he simultaneously look a lot better and a lot worse than I remember? What is he doing loitering on a park bench waiting to talk to thin air (speaking of which, Dzuna can be seen by others?! Is this just limited to the lineage of Kings of Pain or does she come and go within people’s fields of vision as she pleases?) in public in broad daylight? Is there ANYTHING in this strange little country that is considered as abnormal?!

Tamara said:
… A Community Centre Singles Night? And I thought I had hit rock bottom with my dating life. Also, maybe my memory has failed me but isn’t Evey a minor? Is this even legal?! Evey, baby, what is you doing?!

Tamara said:
Evey, what is you doing indeed? Okay, maybe he’s onto something. I know he’s most probably going to wow the crowd with his yoyo but I’d love for him to off himself on stage and give the audience a live resurrection show. Imagine having a partner who can literally never die! The things I’d do to him! Ahem, where were we now?

Also, this Community Centre really needs to re-evaluate itself.

Tamara said:
If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Evey is smiling.

But YAS, swing that yoyo, spin that yoyo, don’t be an undead hobo!

I tried.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Yeah, thanks for doing everyone a favour by showing us your true colours before the matchmaking has even begun. Gee, it’s no wonder THAT guy is single!

Tamara said:
…You know what, it’s no wonder a lot of these people are single. Gee, I take back my enquiry about being a street magician because Calit clearly has an opening for a relationship guru!

Tamara said:
This page is all too real for me; Evey is me in any social situation which I’d rather not be in (which is all of them) and Dzuna is that little voice in my head feeling sorry for myself until someone else in the party feels sorry for me and strikes up a conversation. All I can say is that I’m glad I’ve never repaid their kindness by telling them to go choke on chicken droppings! Oh Evey, you should be the King of Charm.

Tamara said:
… Georgina? Like, Georgina Georgina? Like, Georgina Stacker? Like, the girl who inhabited the same womb as Weston Stacker? Is Evey just going to unknowingly and unintentionally steal every girl who is near and dear to West? Because I’m all about that life!

Let the games begin!

Tamara said:
I see that plan to forget Amber is going very well indeed.

Tamara said:
Why do I feel like Georgina is being patronising here? I know for a fact that she’s seen many… impressive things in her lifetime and I doubt a yoyo performance which warranted jeers from the crowd would have made the cut. Or do I just have a supressed prejudice towards members of the Stacker clan? Hmm, I sure do hope she proves me very wrong here! But seriously though, I never took Gina to be the sort of girl who would find herself tangled in this mess that is Community Centre dating. Something isn’t right here…

Tamara said:
Alright, beginner’s luck. The girl knows her way around a yoyo.

Tamara said:
And is this Evey being… enamoured with Gina? Am I seeing this properly? Am I understanding this correctly? Because I really hope I am not. Gee, Evey. I was willing to bet all my money that you wouldn’t but did you really move on from Amber THAT fast?! Get those hearts and flowers away from his head, this is not supposed to be happening! I demand a rewind!!!

Tamara said:
Out-of-everyone’s-league Georgina Stacker chasing after a yoyo-wielding chicken farmer? My oh my, are things happening or what?!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Update: things are happening and I’m quite sure I want them to happen…

Tamara said:
Let me get this straight; Georgina Stacker, the one person who stands out from the rest of the same crowd which is making a mockery out of Evey and avoiding him like the plague, is obviously trying her very best (which is not very good, to be honest) to attract this seemingly ordinary average Joe.

I hope that nose is good enough to smell the fishiness here…

Tamara said:
Gina is selling a little too much and Evey is buying a little too much into it.

I don’t like where this is going but I definitely can’t wait to see just where this is going…

Tamara said:
Gee, this really does bring back memories of my first date! It’s okay Evey, I tried to prove to my date that I could shove my entire big toe up one nostril and I still got a second date! You still have a chance! And what is this that we have here? For a second there, I (rightfully) believed that Dzuna would do everything in her power to sabotage this date but she’s actually trying to help Evey?! Did I miss a couple of pages about bonding sessions between the curse guardian and the cursed?! Is that her challenge? Trying to be nice to him?

I’m so confused!

Tamara said:
…And I thought I was a bad at conversation. But I’m not going to pretend as though I’m a stranger to first date awkwardness so I’ll give Evey credit for trying, bless his heart.

But seriously though, I can’t convince my sceptical half that Gina doesn’t have her own motives for being here and I don’t think they have anything to do with satisfying her craving for companionship.

Tamara said:
Evey was onto something and when it got as obvious as it possibly could, he wasn’t onto it anymore. Good going. My life would be so much easier if the guys in it were as easily distracted by a ham sandwich as Evey is. Then again, it would be so much easier if I could woo those very same guys with obvious try-hard attempts at fake compliments and manipulative seduction as easily as Gina can.

But I’ll give him credit for that something he was onto, why ARE they specifically watching a tennis game?

Tamara said:
I understand that denial can cloud one’s perception but please don’t tell me that “detectable” didn’t throw Evey off even in the slightest bit? No? I’m not giving him credit for anything anymore.

Tamara said:
I mean, he’s not wrong about that last part. He does live with a diabolical little vixen but her status is somehow being revoked as she tries to help Evey; remind me why again? Does she just want to see him being crushed under the weight of the realization of his love for Amber and what that means, does she genuinely not want to see him being crushed under the weight of the dating scene or is she one of us and does not want to see him being with anybody but Amber? Would Gina really go to the extent of enrolling herself in a session of community centre dating and playing with a guy’s feelings just to make another guy jealous? (I don’t even know why I asked, the answer is obvious, it’s Gina after all).

Intentions, I need to know their intentions!

Tamara said:
Wow, Gina went from 100 to 0 real quick. I love/hate to be the bearer of good/bad news but you’re not going to get a girl like Amber anywhere at anytime, Evey. But it can’t be sheer coincidence that Evey was made to cross paths with a Stacker after running away from that life. Now how is this going to play out…?

Tamara said:
You’d really go through ALL that trouble for the possibility of a guy deeply engaged in a sport glancing in your direction and seeing you painfully exaggerating your intimacy with another guy? These Stackers don’t stop at anything when they try to prove themselves to the people they are infatuated with, do they?

Tamara said:
I made it a point to not comment on Dzuna’s hat in the previous page but now I find myself having to wholeheartedly agree with it. I know we have discussed this before but what is Evey expecting to happen if and when he does fall in love with another girl who can replace Amber’s #1 position in his mind and heart? Does he need to court every woman in that community centre before he realises just how ridiculous his plan is? Gee!

Tamara said:
You’re lucky she’s talking about your muscles because at this point, I don’t think there’s many good things to say about that brain of yours! Evey, get a grip!!!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Is this happening? This cannot be happening. I don’t want this to be happening. Dear Lord, please don’t let this happen. This cannot happen. I don’t want this to happen. No.

Tamara said:
AHA! A.H.A.! Now that Evey has come to terms with reality, can we all just pack up and start travelling in the opposite direction of that community centre (and this whole city, at that) as fast as we can and sit this phase of his life out?

And can I just say how much I love the way Evey thinks about Amber when he’s about to have one of the most special, adrenaline-inducing moments of his roller coaster of a life?! She’s that special someone he wants to share all the good things in his life with! But unfortunately, he has to share their counterparts with her as well.

What is this life?! I hope it comes with refunds!

Tamara said:
Okay, I’m as shocked as Evey is (and you know it’s genuinely shocking when Dzuna is shocked too!) that all of this is literally coming together in a way it shouldn’t be but amidst that shock, I’m impressed that Evey manages to connect a name as generic as Benjamin to a family as specific as Istobal. I mean, if it was Bentuvet, I’d understand but Benjamin?! Nice detective work there, buddy! Now I hope you can go back to cracking the case of the ridiculous scheme you call a plan and why it would never work!

Now that I’ve had some time to process this, were all the stars in the Calit sky aligned to have brought Evey and two associates of his two associates are together in the same place at the same time?! How did he run away from something and come right back to it (oh, right, he literally did come back to it of his own accord but allow me to be a little dramatic here)?! I don’t know what is happening but I’m here for it!

Tamara said:
… Pepper Flakes? Let me just say that I’m glad his sister is a lot spicier than he is.

Gina may be talented in many arts but the art of acting isn’t one of them and I think everyone would appreciate if she just dropped it then and there along with her cheap tricks to make a filthy rich boy who somehow doesn’t have the money to invest in a comb jealous.

Tamara said:
Yes, please leave, everyone please leave! In different directions!

Tamara said:
Amberleigh Istobal in boarding school?! Umm, I’m sincerely hoping Evey is going to set out to seek her not to save her but to save everyone else there.

Tamara said:
Being worried about them thinking he’s a stalker should be the least of his problems right now, he has a damsel in distress to rescue! (I know Amber has probably made a nice life for herself because that’s just how she is and what she does but I need more Evember, damnit!).

Tamara said:
Wait a minute, why have I been assuming that the Stackers were just as obnoxiously rich as the Istobals? Hmm, my bad.

Tamara said:
Also, I’m starting to really like Ben! I hope we get to see more of him in the upcoming pages!

Suggestion for another spin-off series I’d pay to read; a day in the life of the Istobal household.

Tamara said:
Ah, the all-too-familiar phase of a third-wheeler. Been there, done that. But this is a whole other level of awkward third-wheeling, I feel for our main guy here.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Are these two seriously having a who-has-a-better-younger-sibling off?! On one hand, I find it precious that they are both defending their sibling as much as they are but on the other hand… why is this a necessary argument again?

Tamara said:
And wow. Just when I thought West couldn’t be any more of an inconvenience than he already was, he proves me wrong. Just wow.

Tamara said:
Yeah, good luck killing THAT guy! (Seriously, why does Evey even look threatened?!).

Tamara said:
He’s gone, pepper flakes, and you should probably get going too.

Tamara said:
Yeah, calling your date who is fleeing on foot a homeless idiot is definitely going to bring him back! Is that relationship guru position still open? Am I allowed to apply if I’m a non-citizen?

Tamara said:
MmmHmm, we’ve all seen how efficient West is at butt-kicking but clearly his sister hasn’t.

Tamara said:
Evey is definitely giving off stalker vibes here and as much as I want him to, I’m totally going to judge Ben if he gives out that information about his sister who he believes went on that bender of an adventure spree under the guidance of a street lunatic. You might be getting yourself into trouble here, Evey… but all of that depends on how gullible of a brother Ben is.

Tamara said:
And over here we have a demonstration of the phrase “out of the frying pan and into the fire”.

Tamara said:
… Say what now? You know what, don’t even say anything because you’ve said too much, Ben. Way to give Gina’s date, who knows a little too much about your sister than an average outsider should, the location of a family member who you are presumably supposed to keep out of trouble. Nice, very nice.

Tamara said:
… I wish I had a rich family in my life I could say the same about. Gee, should we call all the charities in the country and tell them to relocate to Calit if we’re going to have two brothers trying to out-donate each other? That’s a wholesome competition for the community! Now, use that money to get yourself to Amber! I miss the girl!!!

Tamara said:
Request to have Dzuna’s ever-changing t-shirt on Amazon, please! I wonder what mine would say? On second thought, maybe it’s best if my anti-social self doesn’t own one…

Sometimes I think back to the times when all Evey wanted to do was get rid of Amber and I become all the more surprised at the fact that he would actually go out of his way to be around her now.

Tamara said:
Someone he really wants to meet? Does Evey even know any ‘someone’s besides Amber, West and the woman he travelled for days to strangle? Who could possibly be awaiting Evey in Calit? I wonder…

Tamara said:
…I wasn’t expecting it to be HIM and I don’t know what I should be expecting to happen. I don’t believe Evey is too happy about this condition he inherited and I’m just going to say that I hope the undead hobo was somehow able to retain his immortality because I do not see this ending well at all.

And Dzuna’s t-shirt is blank. Not good. Really not good.

Tamara said:
Huh, how are we already at the end of the chapter?! Things were just getting interesting (well, they’ve always been interesting but the bar gets raised higher with each page that passes)! You know, we could make a compilation of all these end-of-chapter Dzuna and Zules features and have ourselves a nice miniseries of our own and that would be much more entertaining than a lot that is out there right now! And I love Dzuna’s hoodie, urgh what wouldn’t I do for her entire wardrobe collection?! If she ever decides to drop her own clothing line, I’d be the first camping at the door.

Now, please do excuse me as I try to create a deimon in my sleep.

Last edited:

Marken

mostly Axel, sometimes others
i like how she says she wants dzuna's sweater when dzuna switches to the one you can buy

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
… Tell me that isn’t the undead hobo before he didn’t die when he should have? Am I seeing an Exvulnerum version of a pensieve like the one in Harry Potter? Do we get to preview another backstory?! I need to see this for myself so I’m going to flip the page right now!

Tamara said:
I initially read that as ‘Third Calit’s Best Diner’ and I don’t know which one I find funnier.

Now, I’ve been seeing the better side of Dzuna in the past chapter but what are her intentions introducing Evey to the person who is responsible for his quiet life in the quiet countryside being turned upside down and all around? I’m getting anxious now, I’m not as eager to flip this page…

Tamara said:
… I hope that table wasn’t mahogany!

Well, this is going just as well as I was expecting it to. I hope it gets better (and which direction that would be, I’m not sure)!

Tamara said:
… And I thought I had seen the worst admiration could do to a person but this guy just redefined everything I knew. He must have gone through a lot to be completely unphased by someone threatening him with sharp cutlery. Then again, he must have gone through a lot to voluntarily bury himself alive; I doubt another seemingly hormonal teenager is going to stop him from enjoying his waffles.

Tamara said:
I don’t think Evey is going to want to know just how this man knew his father for the sheer fact that he didn’t at all; his father just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and all of that was right for this guy who had distanced himself from civilization in the most dramatic way possible.

Also, I’m loving the depiction of Evey beside his father!

Tamara said:
A thousandth of the torture that had not just driven this man to the brink of insanity but pushed him right into the abyss of it? How long has this man been alive and how much has he seen?! Am I even ready for this backstory?!

Tamara said:
I was about to get all ecstatic about Evey being on the receiving end of relief from his curse but if this man is going to suggest Evey putting himself six feet under the ground that the rest of Amathae walks on then I’m not quite sure he should be getting any help from him.

Tamara said:
… “Re-introduce her to Exvulnerum”? I was under the impression that this man had lived for a long, long time but it would be impossible for the person who gave him the curse to live just as long, wouldn’t it? Or am I getting this all wrong? I need to revise my Exvulnerum knowledge but damnit it’s getting too interesting for me to want to turn back instead of forth!

Tamara said:
Right, Evey. You wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy but we saw you blinded enough by desperation to want to give it to someone who you loved and grew up with. Well, the guy (does he have a name because I genuinely don’t remember if he’s been properly introduced before!) probably feels towards this mystery woman what Evey feels about him amplified to the power of ten.

Tamara said:
Wow, is this the most validated Dzuna has ever felt by Evey?! I cannot believe I’m saying this but if he’s really going to go ahead and transmit the curse, I’m going to miss this duo!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Aha, so he’s a Joe! And a decade?! Why was I thinking it was going to be centuries or something…? But then again, having this one particular curse for a decade would probably make ten years feel like a few centuries anyway. Well, all of this makes a lot more sense now!

Tamara said:
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. You’re telling me that this guy didn’t bury himself alive and was instead forced into solitude?! I mean, I know we all saw how elaborate his entrapment was but I thought he was one of those skilled magicians who could somehow make that happen and well, we’ve all seen what desperation can do to a King of Pain.

And I thought Joe could see Dzuna? And speak to her?

Hmm…

Tamara said:
Oooooo, now that’s a whole new level of betrayal right there. But that still leaves us with so many questions; why did his wife give it to him (I mean, yes the reasons are obvious but it still doesn’t seem like it would be her one and only option to pursue)? How was she able to cage him up and abandon him? And if it wasn’t her who did it then who did? If she was really responsible for all that happened to Joe then I can’t say I blame him for wanting to enact his revenge plan and I can’t say she doesn’t deserve it in the slightest bit but hey, I’ve definitely learned a thing or two about judging people too hard and too fast throughout this comic so I’m just going to wait to hear her side of the story… if she’s able to tell it.

Tamara said:
Gee, Dolores really made a life for herself out here, didn’t she?! Unless this was the life she always had which, in that case, makes me all the more envious of her. I mean, doves and flamingos? And here I am debating on the good ol’ garden gnomes because they’re too much of a luxury!
1623869493665.png

Tamara said:
Dzuna does have a point but I don’t think any of them are ready to have these two particular Kings of Pain (couldn’t they have made a gender bent exception for Dolores?!) facing each other just yet.

1623869523068.png

Tamara said:
And this is where it gets really very interesting, isn’t it? It would be hilarious if Dzuna got the wrong address and some poor unfortunate soul were to answer the door to a deranged husband with a motive to murder.

But I don’t think I can count too much on that possibility, can I?

1623869578760.png

Tamara said:
Ah, there’s that poor unfortunate soul! I hope he’s getting paid enough for this! And how much has Dolores seen to sound so nonchalant about her (ex?) husband who she supposedly left to not-die pounding on her door unannounced late one fateful night? Or is that Mr. Vela? Aaah!

1623869625178.png

Tamara said:
I’m guessing Dolores isn’t exactly Evey’s type (and how is her necklace connecting?!) which is probably bad news for both the guys here…

Dzuna, would you mind sharing some of that popcorn?

Tamara said:
I initially felt anxious about what Joe had in store for Dolores but she really does seem like the cold, heartless woman he described earlier. Deserving of Exvulnerum? I don’t know. Deserving of some kind of punishment if she had really passed a curse such as that to her husband and then buried him alive for years to come? Definitely.

Tamara said:
… The turns in this story just keep getting darker and darker, don’t they?

Last edited:

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
In regards to her question about how they got him. I guess it was Lupe and Dolores for a while from her strange reaction to learning about exvulnerum. Wasn't it "EXVULNERUM IS FREE?!"? That combined with Joe telling his story if being locked up made me suspect. I was so happy when I learned they were sisters cuz my theory was (probably) right!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Well that sure did wipe that smug smile off her face! For a moment there, I forgot that Evey was there and this was all supposed to be about him. But good luck trying to get him to feel anything for her, Joe…

Tamara said:
… So, Joe was wrapped up in a nice shroud of metal chains and locks and then buried six feet underground which would drive anyone to insanity but what’s this woman’s excuse?! Gosh, these two are the epitome of a crazy duo; they’d put the Joker and Harley Quinn to shame!

And is she seriously trying to burn herself for nothing?! Did she not have this curse? Does she not understand how it works? What the devil is going on here?!

Tamara said:
Sweetheart, the only person being damned ten thousand times is you… by yourself.

Tamara said:
Evey is clearly having none of this.

Tamara said:
Yeah, I’m sure Evey is internally laughing just as hard as Dolores is because I sure am!

Tamara said:
Evey clearly has his priorities in order, doesn’t he now?

Tamara said:
… Shared?! What were they doing, playing hot potato with it?! Did they take scheduled shifts? Where do I build the confidence and self-satisfaction to love the fact that everyone hates me as much as Dolores does?

Well, we do know one thing now; if Amber is Evey’s one and only option then perhaps this is the solidest relationship plan they can subscribe to.

Tamara said:
Can Dolores teach me the gift of issuing effective restraining orders just like that? Or do I just have to show enough crazy to have people naturally want to stay away from me of their own will?

Yes Joe, she definitely puts some of the hosts on TLC to shame! I can definitely see why you brought Evey here to fall in love with her!

Tamara said:
And so you locked your husband up in what was supposed to be his coffin and left him there to rot alive for all of eternity? Sounds like he was victim to more misfortune than you…

Evey is definitely considering this as a strategy for his own relationship, isn’t he? Well, I can’t say I’m not looking forward to some Dzuna and Amber interactions! Heaven knows Amber is the one person who has the power to drive Dzuna insane!

Tamara said:
52 days? I’m at the point where I don’t know if that was shorter or longer than I was expecting… Poor Evey, first he gets caught up in the middle of this crazy couple mania and now he’s being addressed by every username 8 year old boys around the world used for their very first emails. Sigh. When is this poor boy going to catch a break?

Tamara said:
That last panel has me feeling a lot of things I wasn’t feeling a moment ago. I can’t imagine being in a relationship, let alone a marriage, where I couldn’t even touch my partner or have him touch me without feeling like we were subjecting each other to the impending doom that we are too tired to bear for ourselves any longer. I still don’t think that justifies her means of… disposing him but it does help me understand where she was coming from.

Tamara said:
Again, I understand the betrayal she felt but she did touch him back, didn’t she? I don’t know if I’m just being biased towards her because I know what she ultimately (and inhumanely) did to rid herself of the curse but I simply cannot see her as the only victim in this situation.

Tamara said:
Yes! I’m not the only one who feels that way!

I could use a hundred and one synonyms to describe how crazy this woman is but I’m just going to say that she’s crazy crazy.

Tamara said:
Yeah, she just lost whatever little sympathy I had for her. Evey, as hard as she is making it for you, or anyone else, to do so, please find a way to fall in love with her so we can give her a taste of her own medicine and let her get a little too familiar with the inside of a coffin for another good eight years.

Tamara said:
Dolores should know that it is possible to have one without the other…

And Evey should get out of there if this is a lost cause. And where has Dzuna disappeared off to now? I’d love to hear what she has to say about all this.

Tamara said:
Again, this woman is crazy crazy.

Tamara said:
I’m glad Evey has the sense to know he has to get the hell out of there, I just hope he’s able to follow through with that plan lest he finds himself waking up in a box.

Tamara said:
I genuinely love how Joe’s madness is portrayed in this series. I’m not seeing the characters move or hearing them talk but I can sense just how much Joe is dissociated with reality and lost in his own world. It takes a real, true artist to be able to depict that!

Tamara said:
Phew, he made it out of there! I couldn’t be more relieved. For a moment there, I didn’t think he was going to be able to see the outside world without passing a few life-threatening obstacles the crazies would have set up for him. Now, where is he going to go?

Tamara said:
And there we have it; the classic Dzuna intention. What is she trying to do and where is she trying to go with this? Correct me if I’m in the wrong but I’m quite convinced that Evey and Amber have vvvveeeerrrryyyy different dynamics compared to Joe and Dolores. Perhaps the inevitable conclusion is that the curse is going to destroy any couple who tries to endure it together but I think it is safe to assume that neither one of our main two is going to put the other six feet under.

Last edited: