Zules gets Tamara to read Exvulnerum

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Awh, she has barely even said ten words but I love Caroline already! Yeah, no, I do not think Evey is going to be able to pass his curse onto this one!

Tamara said:
Yup, he’s definitely not going to be able to pass his curse onto this one, not after he finds out that she has a baby who is completely and utterly dependent upon her. Nuh-uh, not happening.

Tamara said:
And that is the face of somebody who just realised that he’s better off burying himself alive in a secret location far away from all of humanity.

Tamara said:
I wonder how he’s going to answer that question!

Tamara said:
If only you knew the reason why he came to see you… That would be a fun conversation; “Hey, I know we haven’t seen each other in years but I have this curse that’s kind of a minor inconvenience and I was wondering if you’d like to have it instead? Great, thank you!”.

Tamara said:
Ooo, what’s pocket-style food? Oh, it’s the place, Pocket. Right. I totally did not try Googling that just now at all, what are you talking about?

Tamara said:
Yes Evey, you can’t do this to her and her family so why do you look like you’re still debating on whether or not you should? I don’t think anybody is deserving of the curse but especially not someone who has no choice but to be around a clumsy toddler who will most probably try to kill himself at night on more than one occasion!

Tamara said:
Well, that took an unexpected turn… I don’t know why he still feels the need to question it when he knows, without a doubt, that he is in love with Amber.

Tamara said:
A speech like this is one I never expected to see in this comic but I’m so glad that I did; there are a lot of themes being explored and a lot of genres being considered, it truly is a very interesting and entertaining read! I’m so happy for Jonah and Caroline too, look at how wholesome she is when she talks about the love of her life! Aaa, I can’t wait to have that!

Tamara said:
Evey looks like he just realised something… but what?

Tamara said:
Wait, what?! Huh?! Is this just Evey trying to convince himself that he isn’t in love with Amber and that she’s not the most and only eligible candidate to receive his curse? Why would he do that after seeing for himself how much Caroline would have to sacrifice if she were to receive it instead? He can’t still be considering giving it to her! I understand that he desperately wants a solution for the suffering he went through the past two months but this just ain’t it!
NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Tamara is in for a rough ride this next scene....

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Oh My God, he actually tried giving her the curse!!! He and we both knew that nothing was going to happen but I can’t believe he actually tried to do it! Evey, how could you?! After all that she has done and after all that she has become?! Evey!!!

Tamara said:
… That went from 0 to 101 real quick. Evey, you can’t force feelings for someone and you can’t force your curse onto someone else without strong-enough feelings for them either!!! And you need to stop trying, that woman is a wife and a mother and her baby is watching this entire event unfold before his very eyes; THAT’S how you traumatise a child! Urgh, please stop!

Tamara said:
And I thought the previous page went from 0 to 101 real quick…

I am going through a lot of thoughts and feelings right now and I don’t know if I have the ability to write them all down but I’m going to try my best to do so. First things first, I understand where Evey is coming from (although this does not justify his actions). He was living a life which was considered as normal to him until he became an orphan with one of the most diabolical curses known to mankind overnight. Every night for the past two months, he has been experiencing chronic pain that is significantly intensified from the pain that a human body is capable of experiencing. Following the direction of your moral compass is easier said than done in this situation. I think this page is an accurate depiction of the desperation of one who has invisible, chronic pain to cure himself of it, even it is by immoral means.

Having said that, I think this page is also an accurate depiction of how easy it is for one to let go of their morals when in a situation that calls for it. At the end of the day, the vast majority of us are motivated by self-interest and we have the tendency to not give as much consideration to other parties involved and how our decisions may affect them when we are driven by the results we can achieve.

I sympathize with Evey but I don’t condone his actions.

Let’s see what happens next.

Tamara said:
You messed with the wrong woman, Evey! You should have known better than to do that to Caroline, of all people! I don’t see this ending well for you… I don’t see this ending well for you at all.

Tamara said:
Yup, this is not going to end well for him at all. It’s bad enough that he’s a wanted fugitive and now he has possible assault and attempted murder charges waiting to be added to his already colourful record? Good job, Evey, good job.

Tamara said:
Ooo, convenient prop placement! I think Evey has just understood why his dad did what he did; I’m not sure many fathers out there would be able to live with that.

Tamara said:
Umm, Evey, how did you expect Caroline to be able to handle that?! She would have had it worse than the both of you!

Tamara said:
What ARE you doing indeed, you need to get out of there and you need to do it now! I don’t know if I’m more worried for Evey’s or Caroline’s safety at this point.

Tamara said:
Why won’t Evey give himself a break from all these run-ins with the law? He does not have the prestigious last names of Amber and West to save him if were he to get caught again. I hope he manages to flee the scene!

Tamara said:
A literal self-reflection, nice. I know I shouldn’t be so ready to forgive Evey for what he just did but I can’t help feeling sorry for him and understanding where he’s coming from, that’s just what pain and desperation to overcome it does to a person who has bottled it up inside of him for so long. I’m just glad that Caroline managed to defend herself and put an end to whatever it is that was back there.

Tamara said:
You deserved her kindness, Evey, you deserve all the kindness you get, but you did not repay her for it in the way that she deserves.
NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Thank you for doing the kind deed of spelling out all the events which occurred within the last few minutes and making sure none of us missed out on anything while we totally weren’t here to witness it, Dzuna.

Tamara said:
But you know what, she does have a valid point. Just don’t tell her that I said that.

Tamara said:
Great, now he’s gone and given her that too, just great! If Dzuna’s ego was inflated before, you can tie a basket to it and go sailing across the seven continents’ skies now.

Tamara said:
Woah, can I just say that I love the artistic rendition here? I never though a 2D comic would play out so effectively in my head, it’s just like a clip out of a movie but better!

Tamara said:
Why is Dzuna going to such great lengths to prove a point which has already been taken? Could she please go seek for attention elsewhere? That would be very much appreciated!

Tamara said:
Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it! I have a feeling he’s going to confess his feelings for Amber and as much as I’d love to hear it myself, I don’t want him to give that to Dzuna as well! She’s taken too much from him and she’s not going to stop if she keeps getting what she wants!!!
I hope he tries to be funny and says “it” after that build-up (yes, outdated joke but I’m an old-fashioned gal, sue me).

Tamara said:
Aaannnddd he gave it to her. Wait, he’s still giving it to her… Don’t finish that sentence! Don’t do it (but lowkey, please do it because I’ve been waiting so long for this)!

Tamara said:
NOOOOOO (pronounced “YESSSSSSSSSSSS”)!!! HE SAID IT! HE FINALLY SAID IT!

THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE MOMENT WE’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!