Admin
Umbration

Caprice

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
GARLIC! Me either. :amberoops:

I mean, I read this part all in one sitting. I was way more invested in what was coming next, then examining everything that had just happened.
I used to think that you were Tamara.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Finally, someone said it! Evey could really use the help of a rifle and a couple of knives!

Tamara said:
Oh boy, I momentarily forgot about how Amber is as anti-violence as one can get. An altercation between Amber and Lupe is definitely one that is going to be interesting but I don’t know if I am ready for something that intense.

Tamara said:
… Well that was positively unexpected. Gosh, I love the dynamics between these two!

Tamara said:
Woah! This is literally everything that Amber has ever dreamed of! Alright, I’ll take back my doubts about Lupe for the time being because she seems like the perfect mentor for Amber; that girl needs to completely embrace and unleash her inner badass for the world to see that she is more than just her last name!

Tamara said:
And I will be damned if West gets in the way!!! WHY and HOW does he always manage to do just that?!

Tamara said:
Aww, I have once again momentarily forgotten how much of a soft sweetheart Amber is when it comes to violence and death (even though I was just reminded of it a few minutes ago; don’t blame me for being distracted by the awesomeness of all the events that are unfolding). She can still be a trusty sidekick and learn a thing or two from our badass part-time librarian/alleged monster hunter!

Tamara said:
… Okay, I need a minute to process what I just read.

I’m with Lupe on this one; GRADENKO’S FAMILIAR KILLED YOUR MOTHER?!

Gradenko and her familiar best be getting ready to catch some hands!

Tamara said:
I respect Lupe and the amount of badass she contains within her; she’s lucky she isn’t going to be alone because Evey is probably still in there beating and getting beaten.

Tamara said:
What did Amber see that startled her so much?! If she found it on the ‘Savage, Mindless Creatures at Night’ page, well, you know what I’m going to say; this can’t be good!

Tamara said:
WWWWHHHHAAAATTTT????!!!!

Never have I ever been as stupefied as I am right now in the last eight chapters! I knew I should have trusted my gut instincts about Lupe! You just can’t trust librarians; nobody who sits listening to pin drop silence with minimal human contact for at least eight hours a day has a socially acceptable way of unravelling!

Tamara said:
Now is not your time to have a break, West! In we all go again!

NEXT READLOG POST: > here >

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
Watch out Evey, there’s more than one predator out there waiting for you! Stupid everything indeed; the poor guy just wanted to enjoy a peaceful train ride to Inarod and now he’s out here being fed to tigers and monstrous scorpions all due to a series of unfortunate yet completely avoidable events.

Tamara said:
It’s funny you should say that because- ah, talk about great timing! I’d really like for you to go off on her too, Evey. Please don’t disappoint me on this one!

Tamara said:
Lycans?! Like the werewolves?! Are you telling me that the entire time I’ve been calling everyone in this story an idiot for believing that Evey is a werewolf, of all things, I was the only idiot around?! Excuse me again but a lycan?! Huh?!

I’m glad that gun is already pointing at me, please go ahead and pull the trigger now.

Tamara said:
Excuse you but Evey does not have to explain himself to anyone anymore! You cannot just lure these unsuspecting children into the woods and then shoot their brains out in half a minute because you’re hinging your suspicions on a crazy conspiracy theory (which may not be too much of a conspiracy or even crazy for that matter but let me have this to go off on her)!

Haha! I love how Evey had reached the pinnacle of the peak of being done with everything; as a college student approaching her finals, I couldn’t relate to anything any more!

Tamara said:
Perhaps Evey could simply request to be shot in the head so that his shirt can escape this encounter unharmed? I totally still have my morals and all but I would be lying if I said that I don’t lowkey want Lupe to shoot him simply to see yet another entertaining reaction to a life, never-before-seen instant resurrection!

Tamara said:
Why do I have a feeling that Evey is screaming due to yet another timely intrusion by an Amber rather than by a bullet?

Tamara said:
And my suspicions have been confirmed yet again! Gosh, I appreciate Amber’s chivalry but I don’t know how much longer she is going to be around to exhibit it if she’s just going to keep jumping in front of predatorial monsters and loaded rifles without a plan!

Tamara said:
… I would question as to whether or not Amber knows how werewolves work but I’m not quite sure there’s a need for me to ask…

Tamara said:
Amber, not many girls have the fortune of travelling through life-threatening adventures with bullet-resistant guys so you better appreciate what you have and you best stop getting yourself into situations which need to be described using those words because it seems as though you simply have a knack for inserting yourself into potentially fatal states of affairs. Now you’re probably going to go and get Evey’s shirt ruined and it seems as though that’s one of the only good things the poor guy has left to his name!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
I. Was. Not. Expecting. That.

I. Was. Not. Ready. For. That.

I. Am. Still. Trying. To. Process. That.

Oh Amber, you’ve really gone and done it this time.

Tamara said:
Oh Amber, what HAVE you done and why have you done it?! I know that, realistically, our beloved main character is not going to get killed off at the climax of the story (let’s just hope our beloved author isn’t an avid fan of Game of Thrones) but asdfghjkl, I am going through so many emotions right now that I don’t even know which one to write about! Gah!!!

Tamara said:
West, you do have a point and I have come to admit that I do have a tendency to unnecessarily hate on you at times but seriously, now is not the time to pick an argument with the only adult in the scenario who has the necessary knowledge and equipment to ease the situation!

Tamara said:
Woah, wait a minute, what’s happening here?! Is Evey in the middle of a transition into whatever it is he transforms into thanks to whatever this superpower he has is?! Is this happening because Amber’s life is depleting before his very eyes (also, can we take a moment to appreciate how he is still her main concern even when she’s on the verge of death)? Is this what Exvulnerum is and what it does?!

I don’t need sleep, I need answers!!!

Tamara said:
I’m just going to chalk Amber’s deliriousness to the severe blood loss and I also cannot believe I am going to say this but thank goodness Lupe is there to talk some sense into these two typically stubborn mules who don’t usually practice the art of making sense. But where’s Evey and what’s happening to him?!

Tamara said:
You know what, Lupe? I’m mighty grateful that you did not possess such courage because goodness gracious knows what you could have done with it!

Tamara said:
Ooo, and it is now revealed that Lupe has a personal agenda for all that she is doing! She did not even give him a chance to explain himself before she decided that he was a monster; does she not realize how much of a monster that makes her?! Jeez, what’s the name of this country again because you’ll be sure to never see it stamped on my passport if THIS is the kind of hospitality they extend! I hope she at least has the decency to get him a new shirt after all that inconvenience she’s going to put him through!

Last edited:

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I. Was. Not. Expecting. That.

I. Was. Not. Ready. For. That.

I. Am. Still. Trying. To. Process. That.

Oh Amber, you’ve really gone and done it this time.
When I first read this and saw her get in the way, I knew she was going to be shot. It was just a premonition.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
I know that he hasn’t technically began his resurrection process yet but I’m loving the sight of Lupe having that smug smile wiped off her face! Of course, your silver bullet didn’t work, sweetheart. What were you expecting listening to the tall tales of a little girl who very obviously doesn’t know what she’s talking about and deciding to paint the forest with someone’s brains based on what another amateur like you said?! I really hope Evey gives it to her this time and I hope he gives it to her good!

Tamara said:
Argh, what is this exvulnerum and what does she mean it’s free?! Actually, I have the same question as Evey does, how does she even know about it?!

Tamara said:
And seriously, Lupe? You barely gave him enough time to utter a few syllables that his life (well, one of his lives, apparently) depended upon before your hand decided to get a little too friendly with the trigger and you expect the guy who hasn’t said a word to the person he has been travelling through the wildest, craziest experiences with (and need I mentioned she had experienced not just one but TWO resurrections) for the past few days to simply sing his life story to you? Sounds about right to me.

Tamara said:
Awh! She may have risked her life for you, Evey, but I do not think you did her wrong by not trusting her with that kind of information. As much as I love the idea of the both of them being together with full transparency, none of them would even be in this situation if Amber hadn’t said the wrong thing to the wrong person and who knows what could happen if she went around broadcasting to strangers in foreign lands that the wanted fugitive possessed abilities that are powerful enough to bring him back from the dead?! I don’t know about you but I think Amber is better off not knowing, at least for the time being.

Tamara said:
What’s this?! A flashback? Is this an Evey who just lost his only living parent? And what could possibly be in Inarod that needs his attention desperate enough for him to want to miss his own father’s funeral to be there?! Okay, perhaps I’m making too many assumptions here because we don’t even know when this is and whose funeral we’re talking about here. Also, I missed Dzuna so much, argh! I hope I get to see more of her in the story itself very soon!

Tamara said:
Wish granted! Although, why isn’t she as sassy as she is with Zules at the end of each chapter? Is her sassiness something that only Zules can trigger? Ah well, I’ll wait patiently because their interactions are always worth it!

Now, where were we? Ah yes, Evey being a classic Evey. That last panel though… What did he do to deserve this?! All he wanted to do was get some motor oil and suddenly he’s a supernatural orphaned hitchhiker?! Talk about bad luck!

Tamara said:
Aww, poor, poor, poor Evey! There wouldn’t be a comic as entertaining as this one is for me to read if you hadn’t gotten cursed and as selfish of an excuse as that one is, I’m not going to take it back! Evey himself is about to drop the truth on how he actually feels about his newfound superpowers, ooo…

Tamara said:
Oh no, that’s definitely not the truth I was expecting nor was it the one I wanted to hear. None of this is your fault, boo. There is absolutely no way you could have known that the Monopoly Man was going to take your father on the ride of his life (too soon?) nor was there any way you could have known that your secrets would lead to Amber jumping in front of a gun for you! You don’t know how much worse things could have been if you hadn’t kept it a secret so don’t you worry about that now; you seem to have gone through a lifetime but I bet that this is just another Tuesday for you!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
You are most certainly not going to lose Amber too! You know how stubborn she is when it comes to just about everything in life, imagine how stubborn she’s going to be about dying! Not today, Grim Reaper! Come back when the Sun rises in the West!

Tamara said:
… Were you what now? Wrong? Does that sentence really need to be punctuated by a question mark? Is there anyone out there with a functional moral conscience who wouldn’t immediately see the wrong in sending three unarmed children into the forest to fight a legendary beast who is apparently renowned for being a killing machine of mankind?

Tamara said:
… “As usual”? I’m not even going to ask.

Tamara said:
This woman makes me wonder a lot of things… She seems sympathetic towards the three younglings but then again, she wasn’t sympathetic enough to prevent them from wandering into a monster’s lair? They wouldn’t even be in this mess if it wasn’t for her! And what is that she’s grabbing on her way out? It looks as though it is a piece of something, like the mask West religiously wore; I wonder what that’s all about. Does it have something to do with Exvulnerum? Well, I sure as hell hope that it has some healing powers because they’re all wasting too much time.

Tamara said:
For once, I agree with West here; they’re all being way too chill about having a dying girl in their garage!

Tamara said:
And once again, I have spoken too soon. An old woman driver is better than a no driver, West, let her do her thing!

Tamara said:
Ah hah, she’s holding the piece up to her face so I’m guessing it does serve as a part of a mask which contains some kind of powers;

Tamara said:
ah hah, it has healing powers! How utterly convenient! I hope she was as sparing with her abilities to all the others who she sent on a quest but judging by the sound of it, she really wasn’t. You being an old woman does not justify that so-called mistake, old woman! Whatever happened to knowing better with age and experience! Gah!

Tamara said:
Oooooo, a Cresnovian! I have no idea what that is but it sounds fascinating nonetheless! Is that what West also is when he dons his ridiculous homemade mask (the mask itself is cool but he somehow manages to make it look ridiculous)? There is so much going on and nobody is telling the other what exactly they’re capable of and how they came about to be capable of it! But then again, perhaps this isn’t the best time for a heart-to-heart discussion…

I wonder what Evey and Lupe are up to?

Tamara said:
Ooo, the folks in Cresnov sure do have a good taste for fashion!

Tamara said:
Nobody listens to you because you talk too much about things you don’t know too much about! Petition to have all of them sit down and sort their stuff out once this is all over!

Tamara said:
ONLY if he answers you?! I’d like to give this old woman some credit and say that she was just taking advantage of the fact that West is currently in a state where he can have the answers squeezed out of him but seriously?! So much for that pretend regret about sending these kids into the forest!

Tamara said:
Ooooooh, so Cresnov is where West had disappeared to that time he went missing, isn’t it?! It seems as though what happens in Cresnov, stays in Cresnov. My oh my, whatever could have happened there?!

Tamara said:
Is deimon a play on demon? The more diabolic, supernaturally-influenced characters introduced, the better! Oh, wait a minute- is the scorpion supposed to be her deimon? Is that why she wanted it to be captured and brought back to her alive? So that she could go back to wherever she came from? At this point, I don’t even know if I’m on the right track or at the wrong station.

Tamara said:
Woah! I knew she was too fancy to be a representative of anybody! That’s basically me at the beginning of the semester vs. at the end; it’s crazy how you age when you’re not having fun!

Last edited:

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
"... That’s basically me at the beginning of the semester vs. at the end; it’s crazy how you age when you’re not having fun!"

.... this is all of us from 2020.

:eveywtf:
.... hello from burning, smoke-filled Oregon. :eveyneedssleep:
Oh dear. I feel for you. But there isn't much I can do.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Tamara said:
First things first, it’s about time that damn ambulance arrived! Secondly, what’s all this business with portals in between WORLDS?! Was my memory of this stored in those brain cells which got deep fried recently or did I simply fail to put two and two together as is the usual case during my math exams?! I hadn’t realized that there were so many entanglements in the web of interdimensional travel! Will Gradenko be restored to her original self once she crosses the boundaries of time or will she forever remain in this withering, aged corpus? Seems like a lot of people in this story are not where they want to be! Speaking of which, where’s the main victim of this tragedy; Evey?

Tamara said:
Phew, I’m relieved that Amber isn’t technically in grave danger anymore.

Tamara said:
Wow, I don’t believe I have ever seen this side of West before. I could tell that he wasn’t spared from the trauma of being trapped in a foreign world where who knows what happened to him but hearing him say it himself hits differently. What DID happen to you, West?! What IS happening to everyone?!

Tamara said:
Yay, a conscious Amber is the best kind of Amber! And what would our Amber be without her concern for Evey? Actually, what would we all be without our concern for Evey because seriously, where is he and what is he doing?!

Tamara said:
Evey!!! Sneak 100 right there! And it looks like he had to get himself a new shirt so thanks for nothing but a series of minor inconveniences, Lupe!

Tamara said:
I have to agree with West here, I love Amber but she can sometimes be the real idiot in the situation! Here’s to hoping that she learns how to keep her big mouth shut from now onwards… (Also, I’d just like to add that that is a VERY clean hospital floor! If anybody has the contact number of the cleaning services, please do forward it to me. Thank you.).

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Didn’t Evey have a severe allergy to hospitals?! And now he’s actually INSIDE one for Amber’s sake?! Aaaaaaaaa!!! We had Amber waking up with Evey being the first thing on her mind and now we have Evey risking (well, I don’t know what exactly it is he is risking but he sure is risking something!) himself being in a hospital for her?! Ladies and gentlemen, you can all take your ships back to the harbour because they don’t stand a chance sailing beside this one!

Tamara said:
Yes, yes, yes. You were the knight in aluminium foil, we get it. Three cheers for West; hip hip hooray! Now, where were we?

Tamara said:
Ah yes. Oh no. I see where this is going… Now, for the real question, will Evey finally tell her (and us) what is actually going on with him or do we need to wait until somebody else almost makes a dinner reservation with the Grim Reaper? I don’t know if I’m going to like it either way; Amber is a little bit of a… err, case… to handle.

Tamara said:
Also, West looks so memeable right there! Poor guy (but also not really)!

Tamara said:
The truth! The truth! THE TRUTH!!!

Tamara said:
I never thought I would be upset about seeing Dzuna and Zules so soon but here we are! I have never ever been readier than I am now to dive straight into and binge another chapter in one go; can someone coin a term which refers to an addiction to Exvulnerum because I have a serious case of it!

Umm… Dzuna? Well, at least have the courtesy to do us a favour of dropping a hair tutorial on your preferred social media platform! It seems as though Dzuna and Zules can sense our anxiousness to began feasting on the next chapter!

Tamara said:
Oh Zules, you sneaky, sly one! This is one of those times where having my screen brightness set to the lowest level possible (still too bright for me!) hasn’t paid off.

I most certainly will be enjoying the next chapter and I most certainly will be letting you know how much I’m enjoying it!