Zules gets MerelyMe to read Exvulnerum

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Time to circle back around to the prologue for the SECOND EVER NEW READER LOG*!! It will certainly prove interesting to see how a different person has totally fresh reactions to the exact same story!

* once again, this thread doesn't count for the #TuesdaysToo rewards because it's... it's me... doing it... I'm Zules.

This time, MerelyMe is our New Reader! Let's jump right in!

MerelyMe said:
I’m already liking Evey! He’s this chicken farmer but a really deep thinking, witty chicken farmer. Nice!

MerelyMe said:
He’s just minding his own business and the earth splits open. I really wanna know what the terrible sight is. Underworld demons? A giant intergalactic super chicken that has come to save his enslaved distant cousins? I need to know!!!

MerelyMe said:
Ahhhh...so only Evey sees the chasm in the ground! I wonder why that is? What makes him so special? He must be caught between dimensions somehow. So, maybe it’s a giant inter-dimensional chicken that’s gonna show up. AND - what’s up with nasty little Marta? Why does she think that of Evey? Does she have a reason or is she always such a meany? Giant space chicken is gonna eat her I hope.

MerelyMe said:
I’m liking Marta’s Momma. She understands that it takes all kinda people to make the world great. Sounds like her Dad is a shopkeeper so she gets the value of hard work. Hopefully, she can make meany little Marta understand that!

MerelyMe said:
And who is this Sergio? Marta’s little meany sidekick? Whatever! Nasty twins.

So...according to Sergio (if he’s even a reliable reporter, that is) Evey is a loner. He’s probably shy, maybe a little socially awkward. But so what! Who needs people when you got all those chickens?? Yeh?

MerelyMe said:
And, now we gotta ask...is what he sees a hallucination? He’s standing over the chasm and doesn’t appear to be falling in. So is the chasm even real? Marta and her Momma can’t see it. You know, chicken poo has a very high ammonia content. Perhaps long term exposure has caused some cerebral deterioration in our friend Evey . OR...on the next page we are gonna see him plummet into the abyss!!! That’s my guess. Kinda like how Road Runner would hang on the outside of the cliff a few seconds before falling! That’s what I’m seeing!

MerelyMe said:
Okay...so no Road Runner chasm plummeting. But, at least Evey and I were on the same wavelength with the hallucinations.

MerelyMe said:
But nope...we are both wrong. Hello Ms. Shimmering Star Glitter Pants!!! Are those horns and magical ankle cuffs I see? I’m wondering exactly where she’s from and what her other talents might be. I bet Marta and Sergio don’t hang with people like this!! But...but...who is to say that Ms. Shimmering Star Glitter Pants isn’t another aspect of the hallucination? So, I’m not totally letting go of my theory on chicken poo ammonia induced psychosis.
Next Readlog Post: >>> here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rue

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Umbration

Duality
This Reading and Tamara's reading are so inexplicably different XD equally entertaining, but it's like watching two YouTube's playing the same story driven game and making different decisions.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
This Reading and Tamara's reading are so inexplicably different XD equally entertaining, but it's like watching two YouTube's playing the same story driven game and making different decisions.
That's the beauty of readlogs! You're pretty much guaranteed to always get something different.

That's why we need

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Ohhhhh...so now there is a curse?? Oh boy! Poor Evey! He seems a little lost here. And, Ms. Shimmering Star Glitter Pants has a name...Dzuna. I’m liking it. She’s got a flare for the dramatic for sure. What an entrance! I’m curious about her roll in all this. Guardian of the curse? Is she a good Dzuna or a bad Dzuna?

MerelyMe said:
So, sounds like Dzuna doesn’t get much social interaction either. Sounds like she’s been a bit lonely and her confidence isn’t at its highest. That’s why she made the entrance that she did. She wanted to make an impression. Sounds very...human. I’m wondering if this is Dzuna’s first “assignment?”

MerelyMe said:
I’m curious about Evey’s Dad. Does he live on the farm? I wonder if this could be a generational curse and Evey’s dad knows something about it.

And...more importantly...what’s in the shed???? I’m kinda giving up on my giant supper chicken...but one can hope. Maybe the shed is the doorway to...somewhere else?

MerelyMe said:
Dzuna definitely has a smidgen of some dramatic passive aggressive kinda tendencies. I like!!

MerelyMe said:
I’m thinking now that something is going down with Evey’s Dad obviously. Dad is somehow tied in with this curse. I’m really worried about what we are gonna see on the next page. If I was in bed, I’d be pulling covers up underneath my chin. I really hope Dad is gonna be okay. *deep breath, swallow, slowly peek around corner of the page*

MerelyMe said:
Really???? You’re gonna make me wait!!! Come on!!! Argh!!

Flashback! We formally meet Dad, Barry Kendrickson. And who is this Mr. Goglio? I’m definitely getting a creepy, sinister vibe from him. Banker? What does he mean by acquisition? Is he buying the farm??

MerelyMe said:
And what is this about buried treasure!!?? I love treasure!! Hmmmm...I’m thinking the buried treasure must be connected somehow to the curse. Treasure and curses kinda go hand in hand, you know. Just ask any well reputed pirate!

Can’t help but wonder though...how long am I gonna be trapped in Flashback Land!!?? I need to know what happened to Dad in the shed!! Goodness!

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Wow! Just wow! So Dad has owned this farm for who knows how long...and never knew about this supposed buried treasure?? THEN, along comes Mr. Goglio, takes a little stroll around the acres and BAM!...finds a half buried treasure chest? How...convenient!!

Nope...not buying it. Something is definitely up with Mr. Goglio. I’m so not buying his “Noble Gentleman” charade. He just wants Dad to open the chest so the curse will fall upon him and Evey! I see you Mr. Goglio!! I. See. You.

MerelyMe said:
Kinda seems to me that Mr. Goglio knew exactly where the treasure was buried! That is beyond suspicious. He walked every inch of no telling how many acres and spotted this half buried chest? I’m actually thinking he may have even buried it there himself. All of this part of some elaborate plan to get someone else to open the chest and be saddled with the curse. *sigh* Dad...please don’t be the one to break the chain or the lock!!!

MerelyMe said:
Oh...what a wonderful loving father. He’s selling the farm just to give Evey a life that he wants and can enjoy! That’s awesome! *holding back a tear*

MerelyMe said:
And...that is no treasure chest! Noppers! Surely, these two are not gonna crack open some chained up coffin, unearthed during an earthquake! Please...for the goodness of all! Everybody knows that is a very, VERY bad idea! Let’s just cover it up and head on back to the farm house and go on with life. No good ever comes of opening up old, strange coffins!!!! Ay dios mio!!

MerelyMe said:
Oh wow Dad. You’re just gonna go busting the chains off of a buried coffin! I’m not so certain how smart that is. Shouldn’t we have sprinkled some Holy Water first or something?

MerelyMe said:
And sure enough...look at the horror on your faces as you open it up. Doesn’t look good!!!

MerelyMe said:
Well...Hello Dead Dude. At least he’s fresh. Would have been much worse had he been a little smelly....!!

MerelyMe said:
What are the chances Dad killed him? I think very small. Unless...the curse made him do it! Mr. Goglio sure thinks he did it. And, all because of fabric choice. Okie dokie! Should be interesting to see who wins this shovel fight. I’m cheering Dad on!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Oh boy! Dead Dude isn’t exactly dead! Or...is he????? Either way, looks like he’s going after Dad. What are the chances that Mr. Goglio would step in and assist? I think very small chances there.

MerelyMe said:
Hmmmm...why does Dead Dude mention the sun? It is because he’s just so happy to see it...or is it because the sun is burning him?????

MerelyMe said:
And, what is happening with Dad’s head? Is the curse about ready to make an appearance? I’m convinced that the curse is generational.

MerelyMe said:
Yep. That looks like a curse to me!! Maybe this is how it all began? Dead Dude was cursed and when Dad freed him the curse was passed on to him! I hope we are gonna get some answers soon.

MerelyMe said:
Dzuna’s back! So... it’s definitely the curse. What I get confused about, is whether she IS the curse. Or, is the curse just now residing inside of Dad? What’s it gonna make him do? Maybe nothing...but curses aren’t usually passive.

MerelyMe said:
Flashback!!!!! C’mon! I was just getting ready to get some answers. *sigh*

MerelyMe said:
So, Evey is being tutored for reading and he seems a little bratty as a kid and Dad seems a little cheesy. “Word hard.” Really? Dad.... *eye rolls*

MerelyMe said:
Oh...Evey’s Mom has passed. That’s sad for both of them. But, Dad seems to really love Evey and is doing all he can to help him have a good life. It seems he wants him to have a good education. Kudos Dad!!

MerelyMe said:
Awwww...Mrs. Pickford! I like her. I’m soooooo glad the Evey still has her in his life. Kinda a mother figure. Home cooked meals. The young girl that tutored him...I wonder where she is????

Last edited:

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I wonder what Caroline is doing after the “attempted murder”... maybe rethinking her life

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Awww...Mrs. Pickford cares about Dad too! I really like her. Very much.

MerelyMe said:
And...Evey is still a bit of a brat and I kinda laugh when I think of him and hard labor.

MerelyMe said:
Okay, so Evey worked on Mrs. Pickford’s roof. I guess I might have been wrong about a little head labor.

MerelyMe said:
And Dad...wow. I think I’m seeing the curse on his face there. He seems way paranoid. Crazy looking!

MerelyMe said:
Yeah...Dad is most certainly not himself. Mrs. Pickford seems far from treacherous. He’s really paranoid and seems delusional. Not making much sense.

MerelyMe said:
Dad is really gonna lose it. The best thing Evey can do I think is just do what he says and give him some space. No telling how dangerous this curse can be!

MerelyMe said:
Evey seems really shaken and maybe a little afraid. I can understand why. Dad is so volatile and unstable. That’s gotta be unnerving to see a parent like that. Poor Evey and Dad.

MerelyMe said:
Hmmmm...I think there is a correlation between Dzuna’s nearness and thoughts/headaches. I thought in the beginning she was good...now I’m not so sure! But...I need to know!!!

MerelyMe said:
So we meet meanie Sergio. He’s a joy! He’s the one telling everyone that Evey has no friends.

MerelyMe said:
AND...now the timelines are merging!! I’m gonna get answers soon!!! *fingers crossed*

MerelyMe said:
Oh. Wow. I was not expecting that. Wow. Just wow. That caught me by surprise. Now I see why Dad was giving Evey the info to the safe. Wow....

I’m kinda angry. Evie lost his Mom young and now Dad goes and dies too? Yeah...not a Dad fan right now. I’m hoping I learn more and my heart softens a lot for Dad.

So broken hearted for Evey....wow.

………….wow

MerelyMe said:
Okay...I’m on a rollercoaster. My tummy hurts. Dips and turns. Up and down.

But...oh hey Zules!!! *waves* I so wasn’t expecting to see you here. Nice surprise. About that last page........okay, never mind....your story.

I don’t want advice from Dzuna. I’m so not sure how I feel about her. Yep. Reserving my opinion.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Huh? So...ummm...okay. New story? *deep breathes*

Okay, I signed up for this ride with you. Let’s do this....

Wait...is that silhouette....Evey?

*whispers* Am I ever gonna see Evey again?

MerelyMe said:
Oh great, rich spoiled people. I’m gonna lovvvveeeee this. Nope!

I already don’t like Blondie. Make me change my mind.

MerelyMe said:
Well...at least Amberleigh sounds like she wants to see the world. I can respect that. She’s obviously born in the wrong time. I’m assuming she’s going to disobey Daddy and runaway..... BUT! I refused to get attached to these characters. I’m still..........poor Evey.

Okay, okay....moving on.

MerelyMe said:
So...alternative universe. It will be interesting to see what this world has to offer. Not warming up to Blondie yet.

MerelyMe said:
Omg...I can’t let go. I’m secretly hoping Weston....is....Evey!!!

Last edited:

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Umbration

Duality
"I already don't like Blondie, make me change my mind"

*maniacal laughter*

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
"I already don't like Blondie, make me change my mind"

*maniacal laughter*
Let’s go out on a college campus and debate how great or bad Amber is! The sign will say “I don’t like Amber / Change My Mind

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

MerelyMe said:
Well....that’s not Evey. I guess I need to move on...........

MerelyMe said:
Weston seems blah and Blondie seems way overly dramatic. I’m okay...if she hangs herself. Yep, I’m bitter. I can admit it.

MerelyMe said:
I liked that he laughed at her. She’s beyond spoiled. I wish you could hear what her voice sounds like inside my head. I have no idea why this Weston guy tolerates her.

MerelyMe said:
Okay...I’m working on having an open mind. Maybe a little adventure in the city will help me. ....I hope this is good.

MerelyMe said:
I can’t help it. I hope she’s gonna fall off the roof. That’s so wrong. And I guess the silhouette is the window washer dude and not.......................

*sigh*

Change is hard for me! Okay?
2 out of 2 readlogs don't realize that's Evey XD

MerelyMe said:
Wow! I’m sorry...the fake tears, sense of entitlement and name calling. Can’t. Stand. Her.

MerelyMe said:
And....that dude kinda looks like....well....in dim light.....

*deep exhale*

MerelyMe said:
Okay...something about all that made me like her a little. I guess because she’s kinda a klutz. I can also appreciate her determination. Maybe she’s growing on me....only time will tell.

MerelyMe said:
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Evey!!! EVVVVVVVVEY!!!!!

You know, I thought it was him but I didn’t wanna get my hopes up too much.

Awwww.....

Blondie better be nice to him!!!!!!

Last edited: