YoYos & YoYoing

StickFreeks

Unicorn
Umbration

Radiance
So I have never been able to yoyo. Ever.
The last few pages of Exvulnerum have left me painfully aware of my inability to wield a yoyo. (Except for that one springloaded one I got from an arcade.)

My issue is that I let it drop and try to 'pull' it back up like I've been told to do, but it just hits the bottom of the string and begins the spin of death and failure instead of wrapping itself up on its own momentum. (Or on a good try, it'll just bounce back up and not wrap up at all!)

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Will I ever LEARN to YOYO?!

FIND OUT NEXT THREAD!!!

* I am also a stubborn old lady who refuses the help of google and youtube tutorials. I DEPEND ON YOU, CRESNOVIANS, FOR ASSISTANCE.

Val

The Archer
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I had a yoyo once... a very long time ago. I think I was able to pull it back all the way up when I was lucky but that's all.

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
Well when I was young, I was a yo-yo enthusiast. I had a really cool yo-yo that I could take apart and put back together as a different shape yo-yo. Butterfly shape was my favourite because I loved doing string tricks.

@StickFreeks

Perhaps you were using an unresponsive yo-yo. A yo-yo that is unresponsive doesn't come back up to your hand from tugging and thus isn't recommended for beginners. I recommend you find a cheap classical style responsive yo-yo and try again. Just remember you don't want to just tug on it, it's more of a flick.

Take all of this with a big grain of salt since its been at least 10 years since I've even touched a yo-yo.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Thanks to this thread, one of my dreams last night involved me yo-yoing while I was waiting to go to the dentist (who was also the eye doctor, because dreams.)

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Every time I touch a yo-yo it ends up breaking...

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I went and found the entire video. Its actually surprisingly informative if you can get past the bad humour.