Wild Speculation

Marken

mostly Axel, sometimes others
upon reading this
the aggregate brain is lagging behind a bit in one pretty big character realization which has adequate clues already exposed...
i realized that she was talking about cygnus, then subsequently realized:

the only other person with white hair in the comic is Gradenko.

im pretty sure cygnus is a Cresnovian

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
upon reading this

i realized that she was talking about cygnus, then subsequently realized:

the only other person with white hair in the comic is Gradenko.

im pretty sure cygnus is a Cresnovian
That... uh.... wow that makes a lot of sense.

I didn't even question the white hair, just goes to show how much anime I watch 0_0

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Perhaps that is why Cygnus is so different from the other kids at that school

Itunes Helper

Umbration

Cosmos
Grandenko has white hair due to (accelerated) aging

Marken

...you have a point, upon further research, goglio also has white hair, so the point about hair doesn't stand.

but there's still the fact that he has a *super* progressive mindset for a male teenager, given the current approximate time period of the comic. that along with how different his mannerisms and attitude towards schooling, and say, amber (which seem very modern day american to me) point to him being from a much more modern society that he was brought up in.

Itunes Helper

Umbration

Cosmos
Ships composed of non-buoyant materials are not yet developed in the Amathæ, yet the civilization is apparently capable of producing internal-combustion engines and advanced industrial complexes.
There are a multitude of feminist and pro-intellectual philosophers from the early 20th century, Cygnus is an exception, not the norm. There is also no evidence that Cresnov is more culturally or technologically advanced than Amaethæ .

Last edited:

Marken

alright, then, what's your response to "there's a big character reveal that no one's realised yet, but has enough evidence to support it"?

Marken

There is also no evidence that Cresnov is more culturally or technologically advanced than Amaethæ
given that there is a time disparity between the two universes (attested by gradenko's aging and west's lack thereof) it only makes sense for the one in which time passes faster (cresnov) to be farther ahead, having experienced more years in the same amount of "absolute" time. therefore, cresnov must be more advanced, technologically or culturally, and likely a bit of both, unless cresnov came into existance way, way, way after amathae's beginning

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
:eveywtf: Looks at domain name for website.

@Marken @Itunes Helper, we are in Cresnov, discuss.
Sits in corner and hopes for fireworks.
I actually think we are in Amanthae, not Cresnov. Although the forum is named cresnov, I think I remember something Zules said about this place not being the location of cresnov. BUT I COULD BE WRONG

Rue

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Umbration

Duality
You guys... are blowing my mind :oops:

Marken

went digging:
Canonical Cresnovian is written in General American--as that's the only accent native to the realm of Cresnov
we probably aren't in cresnov, as british accents exist (see: @BleepBloopBeep ), HOWEVER, it may be some kind of splinter universe or something.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Does anyone else think it's possible that Lupe knows Dolores? She knows what Exvulnerum is when Evey tells her about it. And seems quite shocked to hear its roaming again...Exactly like she knew it was under lock and key. Then she just MARCHES AWAY! Very suspicious if you ask me! WHERE WAS SHE GOING??? That look on her face did NOT mean anything good. Dolores didn't seem TOO surprised to see Joe after all. Maybe Lupe and Dolores made contact! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING @Zules

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Interesting theory, but I think it's more likely Lupe is just an ex-resident of cresnov, where deimons and curses are more common than on Amathae. As for Dolores, I think she's just that jaded as a person xD

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Interesting theory, but I think it's more likely Lupe is just an ex-resident of cresnov, where deimons and curses are more common than on Amathae.
It could be, but she would be on a fast aging process if she was from cresnov. She seems like she’s in her 40’s and aging normally, so I’m not too sure about that. I still think she knows something about Joe.

As for Dolores, I think she's just that jaded as a person xD
Yeah that’s the more likely. But this thread is called “WILD Speculation” so I had to go all out!

Marken

I still think she knows something about Joe.
in pages 625-627, it's shown that dolores and joe were famous. i'm pretty sure almost everyone knew about joe.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
in pages 625-627, it's shown that dolores and joe were famous. i'm pretty sure almost everyone knew about joe.
No i meant that she may have known he got the curse and was buried alive.

Marken

the real question is: what happened to norman, and where is he now?:normanheadscratch: