What Other Webcomics Do You Read?

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I've come to the realization lately that I need to read more Webtoons. I haven't read any at all, basically, for the past several weeks, because my habit was to read them in bed right before sleeping, but then I realized staring at a screen during bedtime was interfering with my sleep quality. So now I'm not using the app at all, but that means I'm severely falling behind on some of my favorite comics.

I could read them during another time of day, but no time feels right.

Changing and reorganizing habits is hard.

Strangely enough, I habitually read my traditionally-formatted webcomics in the morning at my desktop computer and have no problem with that. My brain is weird.
Update: I've decided screw sleep quality, I'm reading my Webtoons gotta find out what happens to Trashta

chaosenjoyer

You drink water, I drink anarchy
Umbration

Cosmos
Today I finished reading the webtoon Elf and Warrior, which is definitely one of my new favorites. It starts off as a completely ridiculous comedy-fantasy (there's an entire town of anthropomorphic pugs, for crying out loud) then slowly gains a bit more depth to its story, then pulls out all the stops in the final arc, leading to an epic and emotional conclusion. It's honestly a little mind-blowing.

now that that's done, I can finally get back to reading homestuck...

Storel

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first!
Umbration

Cognizance
I used to follow Sandra and Woo. Kinda drifted away from it, not sure why. It was fun and well drawn but really slow going. Gaia is the same.
Sandra & Woo has essentially been on hiatus since last July, and Gaia actually finished around the same time. The author has been reposting it from the beginning with remastered pages since April of this year. He's posting it daily, so it should get to the ending a lot more quickly than the original did. :cool:

Unfortunately, he's removed all the pages from the first run, so if you just wanted to catch up on the ending you'll have a slight wait...

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Sandra & Woo has essentially been on hiatus since last July, and Gaia actually finished around the same time. The author has been reposting it from the beginning with remastered pages since April of this year. He's posting it daily, so it should get to the ending a lot more quickly than the original did. :cool:

Unfortunately, he's removed all the pages from the first run, so if you just wanted to catch up on the ending you'll have a slight wait...
Ooh, knowing Gaia has finished makes it a good time to re-binge :)

This is something I did not understand.
Story was finished.
Why remove all pages and post everything again, 1 page each day, exactly the same thing?
Ok, he can do this if he wants to, but it could be done in a better way.
If a page that was previously removed is posted again, it appears under a new URL, instead of the same one it had before.
So if that page was linked from somewhere, that link will remain broken even if the page is already reposted.
Also all the comments the page had before are now gone.
Luckily for me, I managed to get the story on paper.

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Just found a new website to read comics on....I haven't even found all the ones I've dropped but every time I see a title I recognize I'm like adding it to my list of drops.

If you read mangas, manwhas, or manhuas: comick.app is actually really user friendly and has lots of them. Also has some webtoons on there but not too many. It ALSO has an option to block the more raunchy comics, which I very much like.

Here's a list of my current reads excluding webtoons because I haven't been reading webtoons:

Some of the comics that I'm either reading now or have read in the past.
That's not all of them, I will maybe return and complete the list at another time

Last edited:

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Nice, I'll take a look at the top few of those. I saw Randall Munroe live, that was an interesting evening.

That's not all of them, I will maybe return and complete the list at another time
How could I forget?
  • My Hobby: Physics
    Comic about physics by one of my internet friends prof. Peter Gerwinski, and one anonymous author, SilentTimer.
    It makes some references to the Time comic mentioned earlier and to some time forum thread culture, but the physic stuff is interesting anyway.
    Hosted on my server along with some other Time fancomics by others.

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos

• The Otherknown
    A girl, some robots, SPACE & TIME stuff.
    Recently started updating again which makes me happy.

• A Quartz Bead
    Girl inherits house in a magic city which enhances people's talents. Stuff happens.
    Complete, available in English and Polish

• All Night Laundry
    Girl just wanted to do laundry at night, gets involved in weird stuff.
    Complete. Multiple art styles are explored.
    The "All Night" part of the title is very accurate: It's hard to stop reading and you might end up reading until late night hours.
    Was accepting commands from readers while it was running.

• Star Trip
    When you're so fed up with this world that you rescue an alien to travel across the universe.
    Multiple different worlds are visited!

• Alice and the Nightmare
    A different Alice in a different Wonderland goes to university, sees the world.

• Namesake
    Stories are repeating. Different people, same name.

• Gaia
    Used to be complete but now it has been reset and the same pages are reposted one page each day.
    I managed to get it on paper.

• MS Paint Adventures, including but not limited to Homestuck
    Accurate description would be too long to fit into this short summary.

• xkcd 1190: "Time"
    2 people build a sandcastle, then go explore the world. Adventure keeps getting bigger.
    Complete, originally used to update on xkcd page,
    1 frame every 30 minutes then every hour for a few months.
    Now viewable here:
    or here:
    or multiple other mirrors including mine
I just meant to take a glance at all night laundry but now I’m addicted
It’s impressive how it’s managing to remain tense despite the readers being somewhat stupid

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
I re-read Circuits and Veins by Jem Yoshioka this week and really enjoyed it (even the moments where it made me a bit teary). It's a story about sentient AI finding their independent feet in society at a macro level and at a micro level it about people learning to trust one another and how to have supportive but not smothering relationships.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Spiderman Moment

(I'm really enjoying the art in this mysterious magical family drama. It is very slow progress, but I'm a patient man ;-) )

Apricity

AKA the Prince O' Weird
Super Patron
Umbration

Cognizance
Questionable Content
Buttsmithy.com (content)
Unearth
Girl Genius
Gunnerkrigg Court
The Whiteboard
Puck
Merceneiress (content)

And of course, this'en.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Questionable Content is great. I virtually met Jeph in a Twitch artist stream chat and he was very nice (especially since I was fanboying).

Drakilax

Getting better?
Umbration

Duality
Questionable Content is great. I virtually met Jeph in a Twitch artist stream chat and he was very nice (especially since I was fanboying).
Yo, that's awesome. QC was the first webcomic I ever read; Jeph seems like he'd be a pretty chill guy.
(Side note: Jeph's YouTube channel is what got me into FTL: Faster than Light - he did a few playthroughs of it a few years ago. Wait... *checks date* 2013?!?! Daaaang.)

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Yo, that's awesome. QC was the first webcomic I ever read; Jeph seems like he'd be a pretty chill guy.
(Side note: Jeph's YouTube channel is what got me into FTL: Faster than Light - he did a few playthroughs of it a few years ago. Wait... *checks date* 2013?!?! Daaaang.)
FTL is a great game!