What Other Webcomics Do You Read?

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
I clicked on a random one, and got hooked on strays... I may or may not have read the entire thing in one sitting. :backupamber: "..." My other favorite comic has to be Castoff though, it's a masterpiece
Oh I loved Strays! I can join you in your single-sitting readthrough status! I've never heard of Castoff, though. Is it complete?

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
I don't have a lot of webcomics (that haven't been mentioned), but definitely Unsounded. An amazing comic with a really cool art style and phenomenal characters (at least the main 2, but the others are pretty great too).
The story follows (mostly) 2 characters, a feisty young girl of questionable decent (and also questionable age. And questionable race. And a lot of other questions, really), who's basically daughter to the world's smartest, scummiest crime boss. She has a sailor's tongue and an ego problem.
And, of course, her trusty companion Duane. A sort-of undead man, with a mysterious backstory, incredible language... skills?, and awesome, sort-of unique powers.
But, above of all, they just make the world's best sort-of team.

A serious comic with some incredibly funny moments. (Rated 15 plus for sailor's mouth. And some extra-planar half-nudity. And blood eels)
I have now read chapters 1-8 of Unsounded. It's awesome, and the worldbuilding is ridiculously good.

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
Oh I loved Strays! I can join you in your single-sitting readthrough status! I've never heard of Castoff, though. Is it complete?
No it's nowhere near being complete. If you read it just be aware you're gonna get hooked so you're basically making around a 7 year dedication to this comic for a few minutes twice a week.
I say it's worth it, so please do join!

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
idk It takes me 30 seconds max to read a web commic page.

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
idk It takes me 30 seconds max to read a web commic page.
Well I'm a dork who reads back 2 or 3 pages then reads the new one twice... mostly because I can never remember what happened before, but I also just love the art :p

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
I liek your dog. you should get an introduction page.

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
I liek your dog. you should get an introduction page.
How long was Jackal a bird? We should see if Bork can break the record for time as a pet

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
His name is bork... not able to change that... who would make a horse when you're making a dog sound.

voidrunner

Dimensional Traveler
Umbration

Corporeality
Bloodline (not to be confused with Bloodlines, a DC comic) - A really good webcomic that has to do with magic, demons, wolves, and EPICNESS!

Twokinds- already explained above; It recently turned 14 years old!

Housepets!- already explained above

Artificial Incident- (set in the distant future; The year is 2076, and technology has advanced far.) Synopses: A man gets trapped in the VR world (sound familiar? It was inspired by things like SAO) Rune Aria.

Cat 9- A cute little comic, I have neglected to read in a while, but it's a good one

Exvulnerum - Do I even need to explain this one? Everyone should be aware of this amazing comic by now!

?- I would say this comic's name, but the comic itself has some NSFW aspects, so I am not sure if saying the name would get me in trouble. Zules, can I say the name, just not link it?

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
?- I would say this comic's name, but the comic itself has some NSFW aspects, so I am not sure if saying the name would get me in trouble. Zules, can I say the name, just not link it?
If you add a NSFW warning it'll probably be alright, but remember before posting that we have young readers and forum members, so use your judgement and don't post about anything too crazy, even if it's just the name.:thumbsup:

Itunes Helper

Umbration

Cosmos
xkcd:No explanation needed
Hyperverse: An interactive meta webcomic
Exvulnerum: MEMES INCLUDED
Does stackexchange count?

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Ah damn, I have too many. I'll try to limit it to 5 or so ^^;

1. Legend of Maxx
This sprite-comic is based on Terraria and follows the misadventures of the protagonist and chosen one, Maxx (who is a lovable dullard) who could be the saviour of the world, or the destroyer of it or a bowl of two goldfish. On his quest, he makes friend with his guide, an ale-creating fairy, a nurse, and a few other characters, including a sadistic dryad named June. The comic is made using actual Terraria sprites accompanied by photoshop, so the art stays true to the look and feel of the game. Additionally, though most comics are limited by a 2D plane of existence, LoM turns this into a joke on several occasions and uses it as an effective recurring gag. Unfortunately, this comic is prone to hiatuses and has an inconsistent update schedule. I'd say its worth it though. I give it an 8.5/10.

2. No Need For Bushido
Love historically accurate comics? Great! Don't read NN4B though! This comic is quite possibly one of the most entertaining comics I've read. The art starts off a bit horribly, but trust me; it gets a WHOLE lot better halfway through. I'm not gonna lie, it's actually been a while since I've read it (I guess that means binging-time is coming) so I'm not entirely sure what's remained the same and what's changed, but I'm fairly certain that the author has maintained their amazing story-telling throughout since my leave. I should note that, while the comic is set in feudal Japan, it in no way remains historically accurate; think Matrix-esque westerners, oversized swords, and so many jokes that probably wouldn't work in the Japanese language. Nonetheless, the comic is incredibly well written, doesn't use racist stereotypes to characterize the characters, and has a well-paced storyline with characters you will love, hate, and sometimes feel a confusing mixed feeling of both love and hate. (Oh, forgot to mention, it has really well-thought-out comedy that doesn't remind you of your dad's terrible jokes!) 9/10

3. OceanFalls
This comic... Oh boy, where do I start? Think Homestuck, but much more refined and with less disturbing content. The characters are adorable and just so freaking wholesome. Honestly, this served as a great deal of inspiration for my own comic (alongside Homestuck itself). The art has an adorable MSPA feel about it and sort of reminds you of Undertale at some parts in the way it is presented. Unfortunately, It's most recent update was around 2 months ago and has had no news as to what's happened. Hopefully, it's just an accidentally unannounced hiatus, but one can't help but fear the alternative. The comic creatively manipulates its medium/platform and takes advantage of preconceptions you may have had (especially if you've read Homestuck). 8/10.

4. Heart of Keol
I only recently started reading this one. I'll have to admit: I'm incredibly biased toward this series on a cultural level (대한민국, 회이팅!) So I'll try to remain neutral for the time being. The story is set up incredibly nicely with a heart-wrenching flash-back which returns a few times to torment the protagonist: Ethan. What I find most interesting about this comic is the colourization of speech/thought bubbles to reflect certain languages. The comic regularly shifts between English and Korean (textually) so, instead of actually changing the scripting, the colour behind the text changes to show when a certain language is used. The art is stunningly pulchritudinous and really works to set the desired mood for each frame. The story is an "Isekai" tale (ironically) with fantasy lore that is gently introduced to you in a natural way, rather than it being shoved down your throat as SOME stories do (I'm looking at you, poorly crafted Wattpad fantasy fics). Overall, so far, I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've read, but it should be noted that this comic was originally written in Korean, so translation gets a bit iffy now and then (S's often appear as Sh's and the such). Please don't take my word as gospel for how good it is, I've barely been reading it for a week ^^; Please try it out for yourself! My own rating lands 8.5/10.

5. CaveBound
What kind of narcissist would I be if I didn't include my own comic? Honestly, not sure how I'd judge it from a critical standpoint, but I'm pretty proud of it, compared to my previous web-comic attempts (feel free to ask me about that over some coffee or tea. I'll end up crying). My main concern is that I've created an ugly baby and I'm looking at it through the eyes of a loving mother, but so far people seem to like it so far so I'm pretty confident I did do a good! Iunno, give it a read yourself, tell me what you think! As far as personal judgement goes, I'd give it a 7/10. Maybe 8, for solid effort :)
_

Oh gosh... that turned into a rant. Sorry about the text-vomit that lies above ^^;
Sorry for the long post!

Take care and peace out!
-외계인

Umbration

Innervation
So to those who are suffering in the brief hiatus, I read a surprisingly good Warriors AU comic my friend reccomended me. Its called Twin Shadows and its basically about what would happen if Rusty showed up late to the party.

It's 274 pages long and already concluded.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
Oh geez, I haven't thought about those books since middle school. I quit after the second series because the vast sea of names just got too out of hand. I assume that Tigerwhatsit rises to power and the Shadow cats rule supreme?

Umbration

Innervation
Uhhh no? Not in this specific comic lol
Dude was never exiled

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Hero Oh Hero - One of the aforementioned comics discovered through OotS forums. Best dang pixel art comic out there, in my opinion (aside from Kid Radd, which ended ages ago). Used to go by the name A Path To Greater Good, before a hard reboot. Follows three concurrent (?) plot threads focused on three widely separated main characters. Has absolutely amazing character design, expressions, and action sequences, with a fascinating setting and magic system.
Curses! I read the whole thing when I was suppose to be writing a paper! How dare you provide quality content and hook me on another webcomic! On the bright side I just finished that paper. On the dark side I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours, it's currently 2am, I have to wake up early again, and all the caffeine I have is DIET Mtn Dew...(eww)....plus there's only one can left since I drank the rest... :miserylovesevey: Now I must go find my brains because I think they're addled or something and I need them to function. I should probably stop typing and just go to sleep...yes that's a good idea. I should really do that.

Marken

up to 7 trains of thought whirling around at once
thank you for summarising my life right now.

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
The Webtoon Castle Swimmer just updated with one of the best episodes I've ever read.

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice