What Other Webcomics Do You Read?

SuperStar

Umbration

Cosmos
Considering Exvulnerum is a relatively lesser known webcomic, I find it easy to assume most readers have read other webcomics before. So, what webcomics to you actively read(or maybe you've read some that have finished?) and what are your favorites? I'm obsessed with webcomics, I read so many. Here's a couple of them:
(links included)
Housepets!- One of my favorite comics, a very fun and sometimes surprising comic that you'd think is just about anthropomorphic pets and their day-to-day life. (PG)
TheGaMERCat- A very nerdy gaming comic centered around cats. (PG)
Cloudscratcher- A fun story based comic that hearkens back to Saturday morning Disney cartoons. (PG)
Lackadaisey- Crazy cats in the Prohibition era. Beautiful art. (PG13)
Cheetah Kid- Honestly not a spectacular comic, but it's been working out into something interesting. Also it's made by a friend of mine :uhh: (PG)
Beyond the Western Deep- Sort of like if Redwall crossed with Game of Thrones. (PG13)
Tales of the Questor- A very old webcomic. Recent updates have been slow, but it has a very large backlog to read through, with a very interesting universe. (PG I think, but PG13 to be safe)
Scurry- Sort of like if Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH crossed with Fallout. Very nice art. (PG)
Strays- A finished webcomic. Has a pretty steady progression with good characters and nice story. (PG13)
The Archipelago- I CANNOT stress how good this comic is. It has a bumpy start, but it gets good pretty quickly. It is finished as of now, but it promises more stories set in the same universe in the future.(PG13, but seriously most of the time it just feels PG)

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Oh, good thread!

It amazes me how many good webcomics really are out there, because I haven't heard of most of those, and the only one I've actually read (part of) is Strays.

Your description for The Archipelago intrigued me, so I added it to my list of comics I want to read :) (It's like forty or fifty comics long :confused: I need to really start hacking at it!)

Delta-v

Happy Ol' Coot
Umbration

Velocity
Oh, Golly. I'm currently reading (or waiting for them to come back from hiatus) over 115 comics. I won't list them all, but some you might like are:

Kevin and Kell. One of the longest running strips around with an absolutely enormous archive since it has posted nearly every day since September 3, 1995. K & K explores mixed-race families, prejudice, and webhosting with an anthropomorphic animal cast. Lots of wry humor. The comment section denizens are addicted to roleplaying and puns.

Blitz Phoenix Against his will, a teenaged boy is given awesome powers, and told that he has to learn how to use them. He reacts like a teenaged boy.

Planet Chaser A young woman inherits her father's spaceship. She gets more than she bargained for when she finds out just WHO her father is, and who her new enemies are. Her new enemies also get more than they bargained for.....

The Dreamland Chronicles. A young slacker learns that his childhood dreams were real--including his Elf-Princess girlfriend. Another super-big archive; over 2000 pages, and still growing.

The Demon Archives. This one's personal. The creators became friends of mine, and they kind of adopted me. It's a pretty dark post-apocalyptic story exploring just what living in hell (figuaritively) might do to a survivor. Lots of action, lots of angst, and an AI to die for.

If you like these I have one more group to share, then perhaps I will list them all and let you pick the ones you want to hear about.

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Those all sound interesting, too!

I started reading Blitz Phoenix a couple of months ago, liked the start, and added it to my list. I need to continue on with it :)

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Hmm I have alot I'm reading currently.

Soul to Call, is still kind of new. But it gives an interesting story in a post-apocalypse setting.

Exvulnerum, is an awesome webcomic that has been teasing us with it's other magical world.

Castoff, Is also new-ish. It's in a modernish-magic realm. The story is starting to pick up, and so far it's been amazing.

What it Takes, is another post-apocalypse world. This world is pretty much grounded in reality. It has a facinating story that is well developed. I'm always pumped when a new page comes out.

TwoKinds, is a story in a fantasy world with three different races, full of exciting lore and many other things.:rolleyes:

Suihara the city of water is in a world without the ocean. The water goddess and fire god fought long ago, and Water lost. Wahilda has grown up to be the only one who still believes in Akia(water goddess). She leaves her home into the desert, abandoning her family.

Title Unrelated. It's kind of confusing for me. Still picking up steam, but it's really good so far.:confused:

Charby The Vampirate, Is an awesome(long running) story that has been around for a long time. I really love it, because it's awesome. It has an amazing story with so many characters i can't even remember them all. It's full of the monsters of the night who are the focus of the story. The only downfall is that part of the comic is unfinished. There is a missing amount a pages that are being made, it's like there are pages 1-500, then 700-1200. There is the old archive, but the art is pretty bad, but the story is there and the art improves before you know it.

Widdershins is a mystery/magic set in the early 1900s maybe? It is awesome.

Man, I love all these comics, but I suck at describing them all. Oh well, the ones I recomend the most are Exvulnerum,Castoff,What it Takes, Charby the Vampirate, Suihara the City of Water, and Widdershins. They are ALL AMAZING.;)

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
:arthurwha:

Avidro

🎼 HELLO MY GRIME-TIME GAAALLL 🎶
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
AW YISS, WEBCOMIX

In order of appearance on my bookmarks toolbar:

Order of the Stick - Legendary D&D comic. Drawn in what's best described as "detailed stick figure" style. Very cartoony, lots of fun gags (even if you've never played D&D, like I hadn't when I first discovered it). Has some of the bomb diggediest forums around (or at least, they were when I frequented them like ~10 years ago). My personal gateway to many other excellent comics, as well as to the world of roleplaying in general.

Hero Oh Hero - One of the aforementioned comics discovered through OotS forums. Best dang pixel art comic out there, in my opinion (aside from Kid Radd, which ended ages ago). Used to go by the name A Path To Greater Good, before a hard reboot. Follows three concurrent (?) plot threads focused on three widely separated main characters. Has absolutely amazing character design, expressions, and action sequences, with a fascinating setting and magic system.

Ava's Demon - I saw the art for the first panel and was instantly hooked. It only keeps getting better. Follows the story of Ava, a highly troubled young lady, whose troubles take the form of a literal demon that only she can see. The cast (and their demons) are based on the Seven Deadly Sins, which is a concept I can get behind. Caps off chapters with a cool animated sequence (with music!). Updates slowly, but the art is always worth it.

MS Paint Adventures - I'd be very surprised if anyone here hadn't at least heard of Homestuck... However, MS Paint Adventures is home to 3 (2 and a half?) other completed webcomics, which follow a peculiar "Choose Your Own Adventure" format. Readers would submit commands for the character(s), and Hussie would select one to draw for the next update. I started with Problem Sleuth, the third adventure, and found myself in for a wild romp through the esoteric realm of a text-based adventure game turned sentient. And then... there's Homestuck. I'm not even gonna attempt to sum it up. IT'S GOOD, TRUST ME, MOVING ON.

Exvulnerum - :yayaya:

HELVETICA - A cute little webcomic about an afterlife populated by average, everyday skeletons, going about their average, everyday business. Has the honor of inspiring the names of Papyrus and Sans from the game Undertale. Unfortunately, it's been on hiatus for over a year.

Erfworld - A huge geek from Ohio gets plopped in the middle of a real-life turn-based strategy game, complete with cutesy characters and a never-ending stream of pop culture references... oh, and did I mention he's supposed to be The Perfect Warlord™? Has some of the best writing of any webcomic that I've seen.

Gunnerkrigg Court - IT'S LIKE HARRY POTTER WITH ROBOTS! :oooooooh:

Guilded Age - If I had to pick the most "professional" webcomic on this list, it'd have to be Guilded Age. Feels just like a real print comic, from the quality art to the expert pacing, characters, dialogue, everything. Follows a group of 5 (6? 9?) adventurers in a world heavily inspired by World of Warcraft. There's more to this world than meets the eye, however...

Captain SNES - A traditional sprite comic in the same vein as the long-completed 8-Bit Theater. Captain SNES pays homage to the greats (and not-so-greats) of the Super Nintendo's video game library, while serving up a heaping helping of profanity from its curmudgeonly protagonist, a 20-something gamer reluctantly forced to save Videoland from the Sovereign of Sorrow.

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
AW YISS, WEBCOMIX

Order of the Stick - Legendary D&D comic. Drawn in what's best described as "detailed stick figure" style. Very cartoony, lots of fun gags (even if you've never played D&D, like I hadn't when I first discovered it). Has some of the bomb diggediest forums around (or at least, they were when I frequented them like ~10 years ago). My personal gateway to many other excellent comics, as well as to the world of roleplaying in general.
OOTS is really good. I would say the best, but that honor has to go to Exvulnerum.
The comics I read on a regular basis are, in no particular order:

Darths&Droids: What if the whole star wars trilogy was actually a sci-fi RPG from a universe without Star wars?
Dumbing of age: College, but insane.
Frivolesque: It's really hard to explain, I'll just link to it
Sandra & Woo: A sentient, talking raccoon and a teenage girl have awesome adventures
Goblins: An RPG from the perspective of the monsters.
Puck: The fairy from Shakespeare is a girl, and in the modern world (it's better than it sounds)

That's all I can remember right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
Ummm... Is there a way to fix that?

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Sure, I'll fix it up for you, give me a second! :) Just a bit of a quote mishap

For the record, you accidentally put a \ to end the quote tag instead of a /, and then there was an extra /QUOTE at the end.

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance

Jackal

The Dubious
Umbration

Cosmos
I don't have a lot of webcomics (that haven't been mentioned), but definitely Unsounded. An amazing comic with a really cool art style and phenomenal characters (at least the main 2, but the others are pretty great too).
The story follows (mostly) 2 characters, a feisty young girl of questionable decent (and also questionable age. And questionable race. And a lot of other questions, really), who's basically daughter to the world's smartest, scummiest crime boss. She has a sailor's tongue and an ego problem.
And, of course, her trusty companion Duane. A sort-of undead man, with a mysterious backstory, incredible language... skills?, and awesome, sort-of unique powers.
But, above of all, they just make the world's best sort-of team.

A serious comic with some incredibly funny moments. (Rated 15 plus for sailor's mouth. And some extra-planar half-nudity. And blood eels)

Avidro

🎼 HELLO MY GRIME-TIME GAAALLL 🎶
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I don't have a lot of webcomics (that haven't been mentioned), but definitely Unsounded. An amazing comic with a really cool art style and phenomenal characters (at least the main 2, but the others are pretty great too).
The story follows (mostly) 2 characters, a feisty young girl of questionable decent (and also questionable age. And questionable race. And a lot of other questions, really), who's basically daughter to the world's smartest, scummiest crime boss. She has a sailor's tongue and an ego problem.
And, of course, her trusty companion Duane. A sort-of undead man, with a mysterious backstory, incredible language... skills?, and awesome, sort-of unique powers.
But, above of all, they just make the world's best sort-of team.

A serious comic with some incredibly funny moments. (Rated 15 plus for sailor's mouth. And some extra-planar half-nudity. And blood eels)
I might give this one a read o.o It looks incredible!

Auron

Confused
Umbration

Essence
I need a while to dig for my list of over 100. I'll just recommend digger for now.

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
Considering Exvulnerum is a relatively lesser known webcomic, I find it easy to assume most readers have read other webcomics before. So, what webcomics to you actively read(or maybe you've read some that have finished?) and what are your favorites? I'm obsessed with webcomics, I read so many. Here's a couple of them:
(links included)
Housepets!- One of my favorite comics, a very fun and sometimes surprising comic that you'd think is just about anthropomorphic pets and their day-to-day life. (PG)
TheGaMERCat- A very nerdy gaming comic centered around cats. (PG)
Cloudscratcher- A fun story based comic that hearkens back to Saturday morning Disney cartoons. (PG)
Lackadaisey- Crazy cats in the Prohibition era. Beautiful art. (PG13)
Cheetah Kid- Honestly not a spectacular comic, but it's been working out into something interesting. Also it's made by a friend of mine :uhh: (PG)
Beyond the Western Deep- Sort of like if Redwall crossed with Game of Thrones. (PG13)
Tales of the Questor- A very old webcomic. Recent updates have been slow, but it has a very large backlog to read through, with a very interesting universe. (PG I think, but PG13 to be safe)
Scurry- Sort of like if Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH crossed with Fallout. Very nice art. (PG)
Strays- A finished webcomic. Has a pretty steady progression with good characters and nice story. (PG13)
The Archipelago- I CANNOT stress how good this comic is. It has a bumpy start, but it gets good pretty quickly. It is finished as of now, but it promises more stories set in the same universe in the future.(PG13, but seriously most of the time it just feels PG)
I clicked on a random one, and got hooked on strays... I may or may not have read the entire thing in one sitting. :backupamber: Also I've read Gamercat before Andy that's a pretty good one too. My other favorite comic has to be Castoff though, it's a masterpiece