Weeb Street

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Given how much anime and manga content is present on this forum, it only feels fitting to have a thread specifically for it.

Wanna rant about a recent anime you saw? Go a head!

Wanna ask for recommendations? Make my day!

Wanna talk about how a certain anime you thought would be a fun cheery seasonal watch ended up hitting you in the gut and took a serious turn, only leaving you starved for more related content except it's seasonal status leaves it lacking a devoted fanbase so you're forced to move on but never really was able to and you can't introduce the series to anyone you know because the title is a misnomer and suggesting it will give people the wrong idea about you?

... You can do that here I guess.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Just started "God of Highschool", an anime based on the Korean webtoon of the same name. Looks really good so far, and I'm particularly impressed by how much of the original art style they maintained.

Some of the voices seem a little off to me, but I guess that's because I had a head canon cast set in my head prior watching. (Was totally expecting Mori to sound more like Goku's dub VA)

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
What is this "anime" you speak of?

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
What is this "anime" you speak of?
hm? The seasonal one? None in particular. T'was a non-specific hypothetical which is certainly not "Rascal dreams of Bunny-senpai"

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Yes, yes that does give me the wrong idea about you. Or does it...?
It’s actually a lot better than it might sound to the casual viewer...though I haven’t seen it myself I have heard it’s far more deep than the title implies much like Princess Tutu

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I take back what I said about GoH. It reminded me why I stopped reading the webtoon to begin with...

Rolenhawk

Creative Consultant
Umbration

Essence
jk (not the reading in 2 weeks bit); yeah, I enjoyed the series, but I definitely felt like it definitely lost focus often with what it was supposed to be. It's very well drawn, and the fights are cool, but the story is all over the place. I haven't watched the anime tho.

And Yes, Mori is very Goku like

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

Rolenhawk

Creative Consultant
Umbration

Essence
On another note, guess who is trying to watch the longest anime ever?

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
on god how did i never see this thread before?

anyway my current anime love is jujutsu kaisen. after season 2 concluded, i couldnt stand waiting around and i found the manga and got caught up. some cursed technique/domain expansion stuff gets really confusing, so i hope when its animated its a little easier to follow. i know the fight scenes will be! 😅

also if anyone is a PMMM fan, a new movie is supposed to be coming out this year 💕

chaosenjoyer

You drink water, I drink anarchy
Umbration

Cosmos
I’ve been watching Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan, it’s a comedy about a depressed guy who’s the host of a children’s tv show. It’s got character-based humor down to a science. Anybody else heard of it?

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I watched Migi to Dali this last season...and I gotta say...it was interesting. Did I like it? I was entertained while watching, that's for sure....

Also

Also

SOLO LEVELING IS OUT BABYYYYY GO WATCH IT ITS SOOO HYPE

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
ANYBODY WHO LIKES POWER FANTASY MUST WATCH SOLO LEVELING! FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO IT