VIDYA GAEMZ!!1

chaosenjoyer

You drink water, I drink anarchy
Umbration

Cosmos
Link: "Infinite Craft"
Cool little browser game where you can infinitely combine things to make new things. Entirely text based, but it's fun to see the results.
My problem with Infinite Craft is that it's very heavily inspired by Little Alchemy, but gives it absolutely zero credit or mention. Like, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, but compare the interfaces. They're nearly identical. Now Infinite Craft is getting all sorts of attention, and almost nobody's heard of Little Alchemy.

Minecraft 1.19

I wanted to play with my sisters on a server together in the NEW minecraft version 1.19.
previously we were playing on 1.15.2.

There was a small conflict.
They wanted to play with Peaceful difficulty setting (no monsters).
I wanted to play with Easy difficulty setting (with monsters).
Without monsters some resources can not be obtained.
What to do?

I got an idea.
What if we enable monsters only at day time?
It's perfect.
At night monsters are disabled.
At day monsters are enabled but don't appear because of the sun.
The only way to meet monsters is to visit caves at day.

Ok but how to do it?
I don't want to type the command every 5 minutes.

I made an admin room at the bottom of the world,
with an automatic mechanism for this.
2024-02-16_00.10.52.png

2024-02-16_00.10.58.png

On the first wall I have buttons to manually change difficulty setting:
2024-02-16_00.06.41.png

2024-02-16_00.07.03.png

On the second wall I can enable automatic day and night detection which triggers automatic difficulty setting change:
2024-02-16_00.07.35.png

It's done using these command blocks:
2024-02-16_00.08.53.png

If I leave it enabled it will automatically change the setting whenever day or night starts.
Also this place still works even if no player is near.

On the third wall I have buttons to start day or night:
2024-02-16_00.07.51.png

2024-02-16_00.08.13.png

On the fourth wall I have the door to leave the room to edit the command blocks:
2024-02-16_00.08.33.png

On the floor there is a door to fall out of the world:
2024-02-16_00.10.34.png

The room can only be entered by teleporting inside but can be left by falling out of the world.

But somehow we never started playing on this server.
(And 1.19 isn't even the newest version of Minecraft any more)

If anyone is interesting how I have set up the command blocks I can share my save file.

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
After abandoning Inscryption for a year out of frustration, I returned to it a week ago and escaped the cabin. Today, I finally beat the game. The entire end sequence actually got really emotional and I had a hard time playing through it. And despite this, it rebounded with an absolutely mind-blowing shock ending (see what I did there?) that I'm still freaking out about an hour later. I could fill several paragraphs with all my rantings about this game, as it's easily one of the most original and surprising games I've ever played. I'll be writing a serious review later, with so many completely necessary spoiler tags you can't even imagine

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
Sir this spawns me into the game of Wordle
Not sure if that's just a joke based on the file name or an actual problem report :)
It opens and then immediately closes an "untitled" tab for me
I don't know why. It's a normal link to a file on a server.
If you go to Link: "Index of /cresnov" and then download the file from there does it work?

To edit (or see) the command block content it's needed to change to creative mode.
If you can't change game mode you might select "open to LAN" first.
Then it's allowed.

Edited link.

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
Not sure if that's just a joke based on the file name or an actual problem report :)

I don't know why. It's a normal link to a file on a server.
If you go to http://bicyclesonthemoon.info/cresnov and then download the file from there does it work?

To edit (or see) the command block content it's needed to change to creative mode.
If you can't change game mode you might select "open to LAN" first.
Then it's allowed.
I mean I wasn't opening it on a device with any sort of minecraft installed
probably should have mentioned that, sorry

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

I'm sad to report I accidentally cheated by killing not one but TWO wild pokemon in the cave??? I was distracted by @Avidro 's good company. So I reset the game and did the cave over again to hopefully make it fair. But now we're outta here!

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Ended today's session after beating Surge. Hoping to learn another good SpA move but one hasn't come by yet except Thief which was unlearnable.

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
The new splatoon dlc drops tomorrow... and it's a roguelike????? I'm still pretty excited but it's definitely going to be a huge departure from the normal gameplay formula.

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Thought some folks here might be interested in this video of accessibility in gaming:

(Also, UpIsNotJump is a treasure although his thumbnail is haunting, sorry about that. The video includes playing Fallout 4 using only his eyes ;-) ).

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Thought some folks here might be interested in this video of accessibility in gaming:

(Also, UpIsNotJump is a treasure although his thumbnail is haunting, sorry about that. The video includes playing Fallout 4 using only his eyes ;-) ).
(There was a follow up charity livestream with some interesting interviews which has more information:
)

Edit: Why are Matt's thumbnails always a nigthmare?!? That looks like a mouldy Face of Beau.