VIDYA GAEMZ!!1

chaosenjoyer

Dzuna is okay, I guess
Umbration

Cosmos
View attachment 9277

BROCK IS A TRUE FRIEND
Brock was the bane of my childhood, I played red and blue on my dad’s old game boy and I could never beat him. Mostly because I sucked, but I prefer to blame Brock.

Some time ago I was playing this short game Exit 19
in the game the sky is changing based on the progress.
By visiting the landmarks in totally wrong order I managed to confuse the game which resulted in duplicated sun, or the sun and moon next to each other on the same sky:
Screenshot from 2023-08-15 21-14-47.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-15 21-20-03.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-15 22-21-42.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-15 22-22-23.png

This year in February, I discovered, played, and finished the game NaissanceE.
(This game is now available for free!)
The next day I wrote down my thoughts about the game,
under the title
"Finished the game. Now some thoughts."
I wrote down the words from my thoughts almost unfiltered
I'm reposting it here now as it gives you a view into how I see a game.
Of course if you don't have played the game my words will make less sense

Finished the game. Now some thoughts.

I have recently finished the game yesterday.
Now I would like to share some of my totally unorganised thoughts I have about the game &
(obviously spoilers)

ITCH
So it started like when I searched itch.io for various words.
Did not find then any game that meet my arbitrary choice of criteria.
anyway
found something else.
itch.io has this button "related games" and it is useful for finding more cool stuff sometimes.
at some point I found a game which I really liked.

Fugue in Void.

Then reading some comment by people
Someone comments that the game game is
taking theme & stuff from NaissanceE
but worse
or something like that

I thought
NaissanceE
I heard that name somewhere I think.
Maybe I could check.

Oh wow it is free!!
and introduction looks interesting
Ok I will try

And so I try
GAME
of course first thing I do in a game is check all possible settings.
I change from 1280x720 to 1280x800.
Somehow I fail to notice that I'm able to set my true screen size 1280x1024.
(I only noticed it now)
So I spend all my game time not using my entire screen...

I see the gamma brightness adjust.
Game says play me in a dark room
Ok I do.
I play game without lights on in the room and with headphones.
I play from start to end in 5 evenings.

START
Ok who is Lucy?
What's going on?
I don't know anything.
I'm thrown into the middle of this world.
I have to move forward.
Let's go.

I quickly realise that I really like what it looks like.
and sounds
and feels
It is only the beginning but I already like it so much.

There is a feel
like this area seems to have the puzzles intentionally.
like the purpose of the puzzle is to just be the puzzle.
At the same time it feels out of place.
Like why am I in this puzzle area?
Why is there a puzzle area?
And how is it that this is exactly where I got lost?

some context.
I'm not super good at skill based puzzles.
I'm not that good at this finger dance.
When I play some games I sometimes press wrong buttons by mistake.
for example I want to jump over a hole but instead I shoot a weapon and fall inside.
oops wrong button.

Luckily in this game the only action buttons needed is left hand shift run and right hand mouse breathe.
So not likely to confuse.
Also puzzle seems at correct level of challenge.
So ok.

I discover that I can die here!
I repeated some segment because I thought that I missed something there.
Then I jump down and fall dead.
And then game instructs me (again) how to run and breathe.
(how can I do this when I'm dead?) :)

The injury damage effect!
Something about the sound
the voice she makes
when fell too much but not dead
I don't know why
but it makes me feel really sorry for hurting her this way.
I didn't feel such thing with some other games.

DOWNWARD MOVEMENT CHAPTER

perspective shift
ok wow this is much bigger that initially thought!
So how I earlier said I really liked how it looks and feels and sounds like?
In this chapter this will only increase much more

something feels different.
Like previously I was following some puzzle course.
Now the game seems to say
ok so you reached this point, great, now do whatever, I don't care any more,
go home or whatever
and I'm left in the middle of this world
no longer guided forward
I go down because this is the only available way
but much more "on my own" than before
at least that's how it feels

I really don't like the part with jumping on the blocks moving out of the wall and back in!
but somehow I got lucky because when I almost reached the middle safe place before the next set of blocks but reflected and fell down the game registered the checkpoint anyway.
thanks.

In these areas it's often possible to go in multiple ways and places
In games like this I really like to check all the places I can see before going forward.
But here it is not always obvious which paths are progress and which are just some additionalities.
So sometimes I have the situation where I turn around and go back because I realise that I'm on the main path forward and the other I should have checked first.
I still feel that I haven't seen everything.

WIND MACHINE CHAPTER

Ok I really hated that wind air machine in pipe challenges
but I also liked it.
but I also hated it
but I also liked it.

it kind of is designed hostile to the player
not the character in game (ok that too) - but the actual player
You fail to stay on the spinning thing and fall down?
Just try again.
Wait not so fast.
First you must get killed by the big fan and only then you can try again.
No, wait, that would be too nice too.
So after you fail
you cannot simply walk back to try again
and you don't get immediatelly sucked in by the big fan to get killed
No, you have to walk back by yourself AND ONLY THEN you get sucked in and get killed
(or if you wait long enough)
And then have some small walk from checkpoint to the actual challenge.

Ok whatever I will take the challenge!
Increase the focus level.
after some time I overcome this and it feels great when I do it right.
!

Then the long challenge sequence.
here it was nice enough to have some checkpoints otherwise this might have been too much.
Remember what I said about keyboard finger dance?
still true.
game now wants to kill me in various ways and I have to go forward towards more progress.
I very don't like the part with going on the rotating thing in opposite directions.
There are some parts when I repeatedly fail because I do something wrong I don't know what.
I don't understand!
But then I learn and move forward.
OK I ACHIEVE 100% FOCUS LEVEL
and the music which appears at some point there,
So good!
I'm in a state which I don't even know how to describe.
Finally, success, I can move forward towards more progress.

MADNESSNESS

Again such good music choice.
How is the game so good at making this feel?
Really liked this part.

longest stairs ever.
I fell down 3 times, to the left
when I rested my finger on the A key too much.
keyboard too sensitive...

I'M OUTSIDE
endless sand

meta realisation:
the sand place is big and walk through it will be long
and I can go in any directions
easy to go somewhere wrong and lose much time
I can see two possibilities:
either I have to follow the landmarks to get somewhere
or it is not that important where I go, something will trigger anyway and game will progress.

so I'm outside on endless sand and why is all this more stuff hanging in the air?
how? why?
why don't I see its shadow on the sand?
Where does light come from?

I observe some cool evend then jump down
the chapter is called Endless Dive, after all.

(after finishing game I later return to explore this place more)

HOST

host?
what does it mean host?
why is this the host?
why does it activate some TOTAL DESTRUCTION MODE?
what is going on again?
will I ever understand anything?

BIG LAST ESCAPE RUN
This escape run is very cool.
There was one point where I get stuck a bit but then I realise the solution and continue the escape.

one last jump into white door and
the end?
(i kind of expected something after?)

I'm left with so much thoughts and feels.
Definitely I will remember it long.
also can I have more?

I see announcement for next game Sens
I can see this game as it is being made.
great, I buy it.
...it doesn't work...

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
(Haven't played Kaizo lately so Starmie is still alive)

I've been playing Suika game and Pokemon TCG Live lately. Still haven't hit 3,000 points in Suika game! It's fun though.

Then last night I opened up Pokemon Scarlet for the first time in forever and started doing the thing I left off on... stake hunting for the legends of ruin. One hour later, still no stake LOL. I haven't been able to unchain even one of the doors.

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
(Haven't played Kaizo lately so Starmie is still alive)

I've been playing Suika game and Pokemon TCG Live lately. Still haven't hit 3,000 points in Suika game! It's fun though.

Then last night I opened up Pokemon Scarlet for the first time in forever and started doing the thing I left off on... stake hunting for the legends of ruin. One hour later, still no stake LOL. I haven't been able to unchain even one of the doors.
I tried to hunt for the stakes on my own but it is shockingly difficult and annoying. I gave up and used a guide. 💀💀

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
^ Yeah, she looked weirdly intense, yet also drained of life. It creeped me out 0_0

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
So I've just finished the main Half Life series (sans spinoffs, i.e. Alyx, Opposing force, Blue shift, Decay), and I will be making a video related to this but I wanna rant about it here.

Warning, spoilers probably.

The games are GOOD. Like, REALLY good. They have all the aspects that make a videogame enjoyable to play, and I'll try to go into as much depth as I can regarding each entry of the main Freeman series.

Half Life (Source)

The first game introduces us to the main character: Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist employed at Black Mesa. In experimenting with mysterious elements from another dimension, we accidentally cause a great rift to another world known as Xen that transports an army of aliens into our world. We must travel to the other side of the expansive laboratory, aided by security guards, an arsenal of conventional and non-conventional weapons, and The Science Team(TM) to send a rocket into space that allows us to freely teleport to Xen, where we may face off with the giant telepathic space fetus that has been sending aliens to kills us. The game ends with Gordon being pulled aside by a mysterious not-quite human manin a suit who offers us a new job, whatever that may be. Accepting will end the game, putting Gordon into a stasis for about 20 years.

Half Life [1] is a game characteristic of its time, with pointy polygonal graphics and a relatively impressive (yet rudimentary) physics system. While it shows its age, the game is clearly a pioneer for its time, experimenting with mechanics that are not just unique but work incredibly well. Having played Portal 1 & 2 before, it's easy to see the similarities in Level design that place a lot of focus on problem solving and puzzles, the main difference being that HL puts more emphasis on combat and action.

It's easy to see that Valve had a lot of fun designing the weapons for this game. While you have your familiar pistols, shotguns, and SMGs (I particularly became very fond of the Magnum Revolver, personally dubbed the "Big Iron"), you also get a sick laser gun (Tau Cannon), the backpack from Ghostbusters (Gluon gun), A BEE CANNON (Hive hand) and an absolutely demented little creature that you can throw at enemies (Snark).

There's a few really cool mechanics I feel worth mentioning. There are a lot of moving parts. Platforms, elevators, fans, and the game doesn't shy away from integrating them into the environment. A giant fan isn't just something you have to go turn on to progress to the next level, it's now the next challenge to get past because Black Mesa said "screw it" to OSHA and placed the control panel underneath. That one enemy that hangs from the roof and slowly picks you up to eat you? Don't kill it yet, that's your elevator to a secret weapons cache on one particular level!

My main complaint is that some of the levels were easy to get lost with, and I'd end up having to look up a guide to tell me where to go next, or how to use equipment. There was, in particular, one level where you use grenades to attract the attention of a giant tentacle monster away from you, but but I think the explanation for that was in a voice line that didn't play for me. I'm not sure if the directions were unclear or if I just kept missing obvious signs, but I'd often find myself running back and forth between stages to try and find maybe a door or a ladder I missed, which brings me to two minor complaints I have:

LADDERS, are a pain to use. Engaging with a ladder will lock you on it, meaning it's hard to get off until you jump, and Lord knows where you'll land. Sometimes I'd accidentally fall off REALLY tall ladders, just trying to get off at the top, falling 5 storeys and dying.

LOADING screens suck. I know for a map of its size they're necessary, but entering a new area causes the game to temporarily freeze so that the next area can be loaded. Eventually you get a feel for where the thresholds are where the game is going to halt, and you learn to avoid going back over them so you don't waste more time than necessary, but there's gotta be a better way to do this, right? I think portal remedied this with the elevators, so that at least in terms of immersion the waiting period could be ruled out as "waiting for the elevator to arrive". This is particularly a problem in combat where I might have a rocket flying towards me, or be face to face with a tough enemy while I'm on low health.

With all that said, good game. Good story, original mechanics, solid gameplay. Some of the puzzles and parkour bits require a fair amount of patience, but it's got good level design. 7 out of 10.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
So I've just finished the main Half Life series (sans spinoffs, i.e. Alyx, Opposing force, Blue shift, Decay), and I will be making a video related to this but I wanna rant about it here.

Warning, spoilers probably.

The games are GOOD. Like, REALLY good. They have all the aspects that make a videogame enjoyable to play, and I'll try to go into as much depth as I can regarding each entry of the main Freeman series.

Half Life (Source)

The first game introduces us to the main character: Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist employed at Black Mesa. In experimenting with mysterious elements from another dimension, we accidentally cause a great rift to another world known as Xen that transports an army of aliens into our world. We must travel to the other side of the expansive laboratory, aided by security guards, an arsenal of conventional and non-conventional weapons, and The Science Team(TM) to send a rocket into space that allows us to freely teleport to Xen, where we may face off with the giant telepathic space fetus that has been sending aliens to kills us. The game ends with Gordon being pulled aside by a mysterious not-quite human manin a suit who offers us a new job, whatever that may be. Accepting will end the game, putting Gordon into a stasis for about 20 years.

Half Life [1] is a game characteristic of its time, with pointy polygonal graphics and a relatively impressive (yet rudimentary) physics system. While it shows its age, the game is clearly a pioneer for its time, experimenting with mechanics that are not just unique but work incredibly well. Having played Portal 1 & 2 before, it's easy to see the similarities in Level design that place a lot of focus on problem solving and puzzles, the main difference being that HL puts more emphasis on combat and action.

It's easy to see that Valve had a lot of fun designing the weapons for this game. While you have your familiar pistols, shotguns, and SMGs (I particularly became very fond of the Magnum Revolver, personally dubbed the "Big Iron"), you also get a sick laser gun (Tau Cannon), the backpack from Ghostbusters (Gluon gun), A BEE CANNON (Hive hand) and an absolutely demented little creature that you can throw at enemies (Snark).

There's a few really cool mechanics I feel worth mentioning. There are a lot of moving parts. Platforms, elevators, fans, and the game doesn't shy away from integrating them into the environment. A giant fan isn't just something you have to go turn on to progress to the next level, it's now the next challenge to get past because Black Mesa said "screw it" to OSHA and placed the control panel underneath. That one enemy that hangs from the roof and slowly picks you up to eat you? Don't kill it yet, that's your elevator to a secret weapons cache on one particular level!

My main complaint is that some of the levels were easy to get lost with, and I'd end up having to look up a guide to tell me where to go next, or how to use equipment. There was, in particular, one level where you use grenades to attract the attention of a giant tentacle monster away from you, but but I think the explanation for that was in a voice line that didn't play for me. I'm not sure if the directions were unclear or if I just kept missing obvious signs, but I'd often find myself running back and forth between stages to try and find maybe a door or a ladder I missed, which brings me to two minor complaints I have:

LADDERS, are a pain to use. Engaging with a ladder will lock you on it, meaning it's hard to get off until you jump, and Lord knows where you'll land. Sometimes I'd accidentally fall off REALLY tall ladders, just trying to get off at the top, falling 5 storeys and dying.

LOADING screens suck. I know for a map of its size they're necessary, but entering a new area causes the game to temporarily freeze so that the next area can be loaded. Eventually you get a feel for where the thresholds are where the game is going to halt, and you learn to avoid going back over them so you don't waste more time than necessary, but there's gotta be a better way to do this, right? I think portal remedied this with the elevators, so that at least in terms of immersion the waiting period could be ruled out as "waiting for the elevator to arrive". This is particularly a problem in combat where I might have a rocket flying towards me, or be face to face with a tough enemy while I'm on low health.

With all that said, good game. Good story, original mechanics, solid gameplay. Some of the puzzles and parkour bits require a fair amount of patience, but it's got good level design. 7 out of 10.
Welcome to the wold of gaming where there was less hand-holding. I'm also not saying that games are better or worse for having player aids. They were probably omitted out of necessity thanks to hardware limitations, which also seems like the root cause of some of your other frustrations, like the loading screens. We've become accustomed to large open worlds with live cities and minimal loading times in games, which just wasn't possible on even super high end PCs at the time.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Half Life 2

Gordon (the player) has been woken up after about 20 years of stasis, and is placed inside of a train of a city that somehow looks like a scifi dystopia, cyberpunk utopia, and a 1940s Slavic country rolled into one. We learn that the morally gray black Dr Breen has become the "administrator" of Earth, placing the world's populations into authoritarian cities where regular residential raids happen by the alien government, procreation has been technologically suppressed, and basic required resources are scarce. With help from an old friend from our Black Mesa days who is now posing as a police officer, we are brought to another some of our former colleagues Dr Isaac Kleiner, Dr Eli Vance, and Vance's daughter Alyx.

After a Faulty Teleporter mishap, we are forced to travel to the resistance HQ on foot (or rather, by makeshift airboat) through toxic sludge and zombies in the city sewers. Freeman gets to HQ, receives a sick gun that lets you pick up and shoot almost any physics prop, and is then raided by the alien government known as "the combine". We escape by means of an abandoned town called Ravenholme, which is... a unique experience. We are constantly bombarded by zombies, but we do get to play around with some really cool mechanics, particularly the gravity gun we received before. The best part of this level, however, is a mad preacher known as Father Grigori, who speaks primarily in Bible verses and seems a little two enthused about living in a town entirely full of zombies. He helps us escape and is left behind to deal with the living dead, but he seems to have it under control. My favorite part of this character is that he never appears again. He shows up, gives you a shot gun, preaches to you, then leaves with no explanation.

Getting back to the "normal" world, we learn Eli has been kidnapped and taken to Nova Prospekt, a former prison now used for transhuman experimentation. We travel there, meet up with Alyx again, and break Eli out before losing him again to another character we met earlier, Judith Mossman, who posed as a rebel only to stab us in the back a thousand times like the traitours Judas-Brutus-BenedictArnold monster she is.

We teleport back to Isaac Kleiner, who informs us the teleporter malfunctioned, a week has passed in what felt like 10 seconds, and that the human rebellion is now in full swing. We fight our way to Dr Breen's office to punch him in the face, get captured instead, to learn that Mossman has, once again, double crossed but this time she's doublecrossed the bad guys and is actually on our side... I think... maybe. Breen escapes, tries to teleport to another dimension, we destroy his teleporter before he can and cause a huge explosion which kills us.

... Except it doesnt! Strange suit man from before freezes time, tells us our job is done and pulls us away, putting us back into stasis until our next job.

Half Life 2 is an AMAZING sequel, and is one of the rare moments the sequel is better than the original. We see better graphics, a more immersive and built world, and a lot of the jank from the previous game has been fixed.

One of the best parts, right of the bat, is how much more interactive the physics mechanics are in this iteration. HL pretty much just let you move boxes around for cover or elevation, but HL2 actively lets you pick up props, introduced when a jerk metropolice throws a can to the ground an commands you to pick it up. If you know me and my inability to follow basic instruction, I didn't throw it away, I earned an achievement by throwing it at him for which I was promptly "corrected" for. Until you leave the effective tutorial you can't die, so I spent about 10 minutes harassing law enforcement.

In relation to physics, you may now break windows, a feature that allowed me to live out all of my defenestration fantasies.

Immediately one of the biggest differences between HL and HL2 is how it handles characters. HL NPCs were essentially party members with certain roles and abilities, and a certain level of... "expendability". Scientists healed you, they would make snide remarks and act like total nerds. Security would help fight, were total chads who would make jokes and die for you if required. HL2, on the other hand, introduces us to named characters, primarily Barney, Alyx, Eli, and Kleiner, all with unique personalities and abilities.

Alyx will accompany you most of the NPCs, and will make quips, fight hordes of authoritarian military police, and will often hint at romantic feelings for Gordon, a concept which gets creepier when you realize we've been in stasis for about 20 years and Alyx was about 5 in the first game. Don't think about it too hard, aside from that the dynamic works really well and has a certain awkward-writing charm to it. Alyx's jokes are often a little dated, but that's forgiven when you remember this game is from 2007. Her jokes have a certain "Well THAT was awkward!" or "this can NOT get any worse!" kinda feeling to them.

Of all the characters, however, I feel the need to give special attention to Father Grigori. This guy, this enigmatic and chaotic man, is quite possibly my favorite videogame side character ever. In case you didn't read the summary for fear of spoilers (go play the game yourself, it's awesome), you have to navigate your way through a haunted-house-esque village full of zombies that climb buildings, jump roof tops, and fling crab-like head assailants at you. It's clear that no one in this village is still alive, or at least human, and this fat bald guy appears out of no where like a vaguely Russian angel, gives you a shotgun, and starts reading scripture while blowing the heads off of zombies. He is totally insane, is laughing pretty much the entire time, and refers to the zombie hordes as his "congregation". He leads you safely out of the village, hangs back to fight off other zombies. and you never see or hear of him again. This entire level exists solely to give you a shotgun and I love it. Grigori is never explained, we don't know what happens to him after, and I can only assume he's still out there telling sermons to headless zombies.

Another mechanic introduced in this sequel is vehicles, of which there are two: an airboat and a car. I'm conflicted on this one.

There are a lot of problems with the vehicle levels. Steering can sometimes feel off, there's a couple of cool jumps or gimmicks that are easy to miss if you're an unskilled pleb such as me, and I often found myself getting out of my car to explore nearby areas that I thought might have loot. If you plan on playing the game, don't get out of the car unless the level forces you in order to advance. There's no loot. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed these levels, quirks and all.

Speaking of vehicles and progression, HL2 remedies the lack of clarity in direction in the levels. Dialog and level design are purposefully made to guide the player in a natural way that doesn't feel like handholding. It's this weird sweet spot where you don't feel like you know exactly where to go, but you feel like you can figure it out if you think about it. This sometimes left me feeling like I might have missed a secret or easter egg, but trust me when I say don't worry about missing anything unless you're doing an achievement hunter playthrough. The game does a great job of making sure you see all the important bits whether you're casually looking or turning over every stone. The game is much less focused on puzzle solving, but still gives plenty of problem solving to keep the game from being another mindless shooter.

The weapons in this game are phenomenal. There are counterparts for all the conventional firearms from the first game, and they're all super satisfying to use, some more than others. My favorite this game ended up being the shotgun, once I figured out how to fire both barrels, though the crossbow and Magnum received plenty of love too. What really defined this game, however, was the lack of unique weapons that the first game had. This is not a bad thing. This allowed a lot more attention to be put into the real hero of the story: The gravity gun. This thing was so satisfying to use. While it might not always be the best choice for combat, being able to interact with the props around you and use them as projectiles is a lot of fun. A lot of props are specifically designed for use with the gravgun, including explosive barrels, gas cans, and saw blades. You're even able to catch thrown grenades and YEET them back at whichever foolish combine soldier thought to give GORDON MOTHERLOVING FREEMAN an explosive prop.

The gravity gun truly gets to shine in the last part of this chapter. Huge spoilers, obviously. In the last stretch of the game, we lose all of our weapons due to a confiscation field that disintegrates anything that some hapless freedom fighter might want to use to overthrow a tyrannical government. Some nerd I guess was all like, "um, ackshually, you can't have those here!" jokes on them, the gravity gun absorbs this disintegration power and now you're a mad titan with too much power. In a way, the game gets much easier from here, but it really doesn't feel anticlimactic. I should remind you that from Gordon's perspective this has all been one continuous event since the first game. he has not eaten, slept, or seen his loved ones since before Halflife 1, so the mental image of a tired physicist absolutely done with the combine's crap, wielding an overpowered disintegration gun is oddly fitting to me. You basically waltz through the big bad HQ, sending combine soldiers to the shadow realm while Dr Breen cowers in his office. We end up losing this strange disintegration charge, but it's fun while it lasts.

... I may be a megalomaniac.

The final boss battle is a combination of "throw explosive things at target three times" and "climb to the top of the tower". This isn't the most original boss battle, but it works, and it fits with the story.

As for my complaints,

UNDERGROUND levels SUCK. They're not badly done, but they're prevalent. I think I spent a ridiculous amount of time just trying to get out of underground tunnels or sewers, or collapsed underground roads. A lot of my arsenal (Rocket launcher, grenades, explosive barrels) became limited for fear of getting splash damage. There's a lot of stuff in the way, tight passages to navigate, and ultimately doesn't make me enjoy the game anymore than if they weren't there. This would all be bearable were it not for having a limited flash light, which brings me to me second complaint:

STAMINA/FLASHLIGHT mechanics are linked... for some reason. I think it's meant to be connected to the lore that both are related to the HEV suit we wear (which doubles as a shield), but this just makes things awful when a good chunk of the game takes place underground or at night or in dark rooms. Being unable to run and see at the same time for long periods of time usually meant I'd have to spend half a minute standing in a quiet room waiting for my battery to recharge, like some antisocial nerd at a party. Often times this might happen during combat, leading me to blindly shoot at darkness hoping to hit whatever I'm fighting. They fix this in later chapters, but it's a marvel it passed testing.

HEADCRABS suck. Great enemy, don't get me wrong, but they're a pain to kill in close combat. You'll just have them lined up in your cross hairs, then boom, they jump, hit you, and now you have to readjust. Not really a problem with the game per se, but it'd be nice to make combat with headcrabs a little more forgiving. Maybe a bigger hitbox? Longer "lunge" cooldown? less damage? This is probably a skill issue on my part. Hate em still.

RELATIONSHIP between Alyx and Gordon is still weird. I don't know what else to say about this. Awesome character dynamic, but I feel like there's either a better way to do it than wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Maybe have Alyx be the same age as Gordon from the first game and put her into stasis too for some reason? Maybe avoid romance all together?

Again. Good game. 8/10. Had all the good parts of the first game and then some. Has space to improve, but absolutely will in later chapters.

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Like I said earlier, I've been playing the Pokemon TCG Live game recently, and THIS STUPID CARD

is in >50% of the decks I encounter, and it's stupid strong and I hate it of course
you just get sick of seeing it over and over

But I recently made a deck with these lil cuties

(a really CHEESY deck)
that can stall out Charizard EX and win at least some of the time, and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

TheJLT

Dzuna is cool as heckin heck.
Umbration

Cognizance