VIDYA GAEMZ!!1

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Good luck trying to play that game while your cat is destroying the space-time continuum on the table.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Good luck trying to play that game while your cat is destroying the space-time continuum on the table.
I've been wondering about this comment since last night

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
You guys know how some mobile games have ads that have nothing to do with the game?
You guys know how Homescapes is one of those games?
Well I've been playing a LOT of Homescapes recently because I find match 3 games to be relaxing, and I just finished a level and got a prompt to "beat the mini game to earn a prize!"
And lo and behold, IT'S LIKE IT WALKED STRAIGHT OUT OF ONE OF THOSE FAKE ADS.
I'm over 900 levels deep into Homescapes and I have never seen such a thing before. Wtf.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
You guys know how some mobile games have ads that have nothing to do with the game?
You guys know how Homescapes is one of those games?
Well I've been playing a LOT of Homescapes recently because I find match 3 games to be relaxing, and I just finished a level and got a prompt to "beat the mini game to earn a prize!"
And lo and behold, IT'S LIKE IT WALKED STRAIGHT OUT OF ONE OF THOSE FAKE ADS.
I'm over 900 levels deep into Homescapes and I have never seen such a thing before. Wtf.
Have you heard of personalized ads? You have no privacy.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Have you heard of personalized ads? You have no privacy.
Unless you're saying that you have never seen an ad for homescapes before, I don't see how that is relevant. 🤔

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Unless you're saying that you have never seen an ad for homescapes before, I don't see how that is relevant. 🤔
Homescapes? You are more lost than I can imagine. There is no hope for you.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
That... still has nothing to do with how relevant your previous comment was?.
The comment of which you speak is not entirely unrelated to the topic at hand. Although not directly connected to the statement you made earlier, I thought that we could have an interesting discussion instead of a boring single comment with no responses. I guess evolving conversations are not that interesting to (mobile gamers) normal people. :robinpaddleball:<-me
*goes to sulk*

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
The comment of which you speak is not entirely unrelated to the topic at hand. Although not directly connected to the statement you made earlier, I thought that we could have an interesting discussion instead of a boring single comment with no responses. I guess evolving conversations are not that interesting to (mobile gamers) normal people. :robinpaddleball:<-me
*goes to sulk*
I'd probably be more willing to "evolve" the conversation if you didn't act like that.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I'd probably be more willing to "evolve" the conversation if you didn't act like that.
Lol. Just messing with you. I hope you enjoyed the small conversation we had. I certainly did.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@Rue I have never played Homescapes so I'm very confused. Are you saying it threw you into a mini-game that was totally a different genre like their ads usually are?

@TheJLT Tossing around thinly-veiled insults that imply Rue is "lost" or unable to "evolve conversations" because of her gaming preferences is pretty close to breaking forum rule #1. Excusing it by saying you were joking or messing around is not acceptable.

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
@Rue I have never played Homescapes so I'm very confused. Are you saying it threw you into a mini-game that was totally a different genre like their ads usually are?
Yes! It's one of the many, many games out there that has fake ads to try and get downloads.
So ads are often something like this:

While in this case, it's just a match 3 game a la Bejeweled, Candy Crush, etc. Like JLT's video, or this.

So it's last night, almost 2 am, I'm awake because Pain and playing Homescapes to relax while I hope to fall asleep. As I mentioned, I'm over 900 levels into the game. And out of nowhere, a mini game that actually resembles the fake ads! If I had just been a little less lucid, I would have thought I imagined the entire thing, like I thought I did for a shamwow autotune remix commercial I once saw on Comedy Central in the middle of the night. 🤣

Well I looked it up and it seems like it's something they added within the past few months? The ads have been around far longer than that, though.

Last edited:

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I did not intend to insult her. I myself am a mobile gamer......... I'm sorry.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Risk of Rain 2 has fully released, and it's really fun! 10/10 would 10/10 again

Doc Seibel

Probably the oldest dude here.
Umbration

Essence
Which is your favourite adaptation so far? Is it your favourite actual board game?
Asking me for a "favorite" anything is a dicey proposition, since I change my mind so often. However, the games that have me the most hooked at the moment are Upwords, Onirim, and Blood Bowl.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Just a few more days until Super Mario 3D All Stars 🤩🤩🤩

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Just a few more days until Super Mario 3D All Stars 🤩🤩🤩
I'm guessing that you think Super Mario 3D All Stars is a below average game that you don't have much hope for. Your reaction is quite telling.