Best Character

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist
Umbration

Radiance
@Avidro, that was an outstanding event, and even more fun that I could have possibly anticipated, but I'll see if I have another flash of inspiration to create a second deimon. Back to Pokémon the drawing board it is, and may the next Rumble be as glorious as the first!

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
The Creation Phase has begun!

Submit your deimons to Deimon Master Avidro using the Conversation feature!

Remember, deimons must have the following traits to be approved:
  • Animal shape
  • Umbration
  • One (1) magic talent
  • Name
Feel free to add a personality, physical description, backstory, or any other extra information.

I would love to give constructive criticism, but as Deimon Master, my role is simply to facilitate your own efforts at defining each umbra. If I imposed my own ideas on how the umbras work, it would only serve to stifle your creativity. As long as I can see the logic behind a particular talent deriving from a particular umbration, you'll get my approval on that front. If the logic is fuzzy or hard to understand, I may ask for clarification on the link between the talent and umbration before I approve it.

In other words, if your goal is to get a better idea of how Cresnovians understand the umbras, I can't help you. If your goal is to get a better idea of the possibilities each umbration holds, from our own limited Amathæan perspective, then I would recommend submitting deimons that, in your view, push the boundaries of what might be possible through a given umbration. You might surprise yourself!

Due to scheduled forum maintenance on August 29-30, this Creation Phase will last 10 days instead of the usual 7.

Phase 2 begins Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 at 7:00 PM CST.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
A friendly reminder to all prior summoners: if you wish to participate in the upcoming Umbra Rumble, you must submit or re-submit at least one deimon. If you fail to do so before Phase 1 ends, you won't be allowed to participate in the Combat Phase, even if your deimon fought in and survived the previous round.

As already mentioned, you are allowed and encouraged to re-submit deimons that were approved for the previous Umbra Rumble, as long as they survived. I do things this way to have a chance to re-evaluate deimon entries for each round, to eliminate guesswork, and also to prevent any summoners from being re-entered into the Umbra Rumble against their will.

Smiley100P

you've heard of gaystripe now get ready for this
Umbration

Innervation
Oh ok
In that case im just going to

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
The Creation Phase has ended.

No deimons submitted after this point will be eligible for the current Umbra Rumble.

The Setup Phase has begun!

The Deimon Master will arrange balanced matchups, selecting from the approved deimons. Please wait patiently while the battlefield is prepared.

The Umbra Rumble (Phase 3) begins Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 at 7:00 PM CST.

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Alrightt thats great
Lets goh

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Matchbook City was abuzz with curiosity. Most Matchbookians had either seen the cloudless lightning and brilliant flashes coming from the old junkyard that fateful night, or else heard about it from their neighbors and coworkers the next day. Rumors, gossip, and hearsay raced through the town like wildfire. Word began to spread that it was the work of magical creatures from another world; the next issue of The Matchbook Post ran with this eye-grabbing headline:

EXTRATERRESTRIALS!
MAKE FIRST CONTACT, STEAL OUR SCRAP!
The old junkyard became a tourist destination practically overnight. Matchbook City Police quickly cordoned off the area as a crime scene, but dozens of curious thrill-seekers would sneak in every night, eager to catch a glimpse of the wreckage and the mysterious message left in purple paint by the aliens:

UMBRA RUMBLE
Crescent moon, waxing bright
Make a match, watch its light
This perplexing poem circulated Matchbook City over the next few weeks. The small handful who attended the first Umbra Rumble recognized the riddle for what it was: an invitation. Slowly but surely, rumors of a second alien appearance at the Matchbook City Matchbook Factory, one lunar month from the first episode, took root in the community.

Now, four weeks later, throngs of people gather outside the gates of the Matchbook Factory in the waning hours of twilight. Under normal circumstances, the factory's security guards would have already summoned the authorities to disperse the crowd, but tonight the factory is eerily empty. As the sun begins to dip below the horizon, a lone, hooded figure limps forth from the factory entrance, leaning heavily on a dark wooden cane capped with a silver crescent moon handle. If anyone in Amathæ had seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, they likely would have recognized the homage to this scene:

As the hooded figure completes his impressive somersault with a flourish of his arms, the crowd cheers and applauds, much like in the video. With a wave of his cane, the padlock on the gate instantly unlocks and shudders off the latch, and the gate itself swings open.

"Welcome, one and all! Welcome! It is truly a delight, to see that the spark of curiosity I kindled weeks ago has flared into a brilliant beacon, drawing each of you here with its irresistible lure. I am the Deimon Master. A few of you may remember me, but none of you will forget what will take place here tonight."

"If you choose to enter the factory, know now that you will bear witness to the next page of a new chapter in Amathæan history."

"Know that everything you believed was possible is but a mote of dust compared to the raging sandstorm of magical possibilities."

"Know that everything you thought you knew is but the flame of a match compared to the blazing sun of magical knowledge. As the moon reflects the sun, so too will tonight's performance reflect the true glory of magic."

"Welcome to the Umbra Rumble."

Three and a half hours until the beginning of the Combat Phase!

Summoners, prepare yourselves!​

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
The interior of the factory is dark, the only illumination coming from the pale moonlight filtering through the windows. The crowd of spectators hesitantly trickles in through the large front doors, where they are immediately herded to their left or right by the Deimon Master, towards one of two metal grille staircases leading up to a catwalk encircling the factory floor. A few lose their nerve and leave before making the climb; whether from the Deimon Master's prior warning, the spooky atmosphere inside the factory, the off-putting garlicky odor of phosphorus, or the safety concerns of having so many people on the same catwalk, only they can say.

Once the last of the spectators brave enough to remain make their way onto the catwalk, the Deimon Master taps his cane on the concrete floor twice. Slowly, stutteringly, electric lamps that hang from the ceiling on cables flicker to life, one by one. They reveal a vast array of machinery and matchmaking materials: conveyor belts holding partially finished matches; workstations with highly flammable buckets of red phosphorus; various saws and lathes for cutting and shaping matches; and the matchbook assembly stations, along with containers of finished matches yet to be placed in a book.

Draped over the center of the factory floor, hanging from the catwalk railing on either side, a banner of black cloth is emblazoned with a new iteration of that familiar phrase:

UMBRA RUMBLE II
The Deimon Master climbs to the top of a rolling platform ladder directly underneath the banner, and makes himself heard to the crowd above.

"The factory you see before you stands as a testament to the ingenuity of man. In his never-ending quest for mastery of the elements, he has found a way to harness the power of fire with the slightest touch. A marvel, to be sure. But this is no mere factory tour. No, I chose this site to show you how mankind's mastery of the mundane world of matter cannot hold a candle to the untapped mysteries of magic."

"Tonight, five summoners will shed some light on that great mystery..."

"Smiley100P!"
"Returning from his hard-fought stalemate in the First Amathæan Umbra Rumble in which his catshape deimon Arwynn narrowly avoided death, Smiley100P opts to risk a new deimon in this Rumble... Daril, a Pangolinshape Deimon of Duality! His arsenal includes a deadly rolling attack, his long, dexterous tail, as well as his ability to teleport by creating a second version of himself that uses the same mental inputs, while the original eventually fades away!"

"Tee!"
"Tee's menagerie of deimons has continued to grow in the weeks since the First Amathæan Umbra Rumble! Again, however, only one may compete for the glory of tonight's Umbra Rumble victory, and that deimon will be: Agrajag, a Rabbitshape Deimon of Cosmos! The instability of his personality is rivaled only by the instability of reality in his presence, thanks to his ability to bend the laws of reality! Take care not to trust your senses when Agrajag is nearby, as he has been known to make the unreal become real and vice versa!"

"Syril Dawntreader!"
"Syril Dawntreader's repertoire has also grown considerably since the previous Rumble. Despite the new additions to his roster, today he will be using one of the first he summoned: Teddy, a Fire-Spongeshape Deimon of Velocity! Dark gray in appearance, measuring 3 cm long and 5 cm wide, and massing 20 grams, Teddy more closely resembles a rock than his vibrantly-colored Amathæan counterparts. Don't let his appearance fool you, however; his ability to move at very high speeds in any direction makes him a force to be reckoned with!"

"Val!"
"One of the locals who witnessed the first Umbra Rumble, Val was inspired to take up the art of summoning himself. Having learned much from watching the last round of summoners, Val's natural talent is nevertheless evident in the caliber of deimon he has chosen to summon tonight: Pyrelight, a Balefire-Phoenixshape Deimon of Radiance! This magnificent bird of green and gold was the end result of a mad sorceror's experiments with magical balefire, a radioactive green flame design to reduce anything to ashes. Once a normal phoenix, Pyrelight rose from the balefire ashes glowing with constantly emitted radiation, which she can focus into a dangerous radioactive blast! Such a powerful blast has its downside, however, depleting her radiation stores for several minutes."

"Alya Nathair!"
"Another newcomer to the Umbra Rumble, not much is known about this mysterious summoner, apart from the fact that they exist and are here now, ready to make their mark with the help of their deimon: Maina, a Porcupineshape Deimon of Caprice, with the power of emotion manipulation! Fun fact: Maina dislikes the color blue because of her synesthesia!"

As each summoner's name is called, they enter the factory and approach the Deimon Master's platform. At the end of his announcement, the Deimon Master procures five moon tokens, descends from his platform, and hands one token to each summoner, explaining their significance to the audience. Afterward, he pulls out another four moon tokens, holding them up for all to see.

"Tonight, all five deimons will bring their might and talent to bear against one another. The one deimon who emerges victorious over the rest shall be awarded these four power ranks. Yes, tonight shall be a Rumble Royale!"

"Summoners, bring forth your deimons!"

One by one, each deimon is brought into existence by their summoner to cheers and applause. First comes Daril, whose exotic appearance is new to many in the crowd; next comes Agrajag, who briefly resembles a bowl of petunias before coalescing into rabbit form. Then comes Teddy, barely visible with his small stature, followed by the brilliant green flash of Pyrelight. Finally, Maina pops into existence, quills bristling, and her power causes the crowd to cheer the loudest of all.

"And now, let us make history! Let your curiosity be stoked into a blazing wildfire!"

"Let the Second Amathæan Umbra Rumble... BEGIN!"

The Combat Phase has begun!

Umbra Rumble II is officially underway!

Summoners, begin narrating your description of how your deimon's battle will unfold!

The matchup is as follows:

Daril (Smiley100P)
vs.

Agrajag (Tee)
vs.
Teddy (Syril Dawntreader)
vs.
Pyrelight (Val)
vs.
Maina (Alya Nathair)

Rumble Royale rules are in effect!

The Combat Phase will end Sunday, September 9th, 2018 at 8:00 PM CST.

Alya Nathair

Supreme Summoner of Umbra Rumble
Umbration

Caprice
And so it begins

Maina looked around at the other deimons, sizing each of them up. She was wary since she knew next to nothing about why she was here, other then the connection to her summoner was telling her she had to survive.

"what am I supposed to do?" she asked, as the feeling of confusion gave way to excitement. Her summoner simply replied "I think you already know Maina". She nodded and looked in the direction of her opponents

She let the adrenaline of the coming fight swirl around inside her and channeled the feeling of staring off the edge of a cliff, jumping off the top of a waterfall and plummeting down to the pool below. In her mind air rushes around her quills, in her watering eyes, and made her heart skip a beat or two. The sharp crack combined with the cool spray of contact, before the clear, icy cold waters engulf you is her favorite feeling in the world. It makes her heart sing with the joy of being alive, of cheating death (since jumping off waterfalls isn't the safest thing for porcupine shaped deimons to do in their spare time), and the reminder that pain often comes with joy anyways. That brings her back to the present.

The air almost hummed around her as she curled up into a ball and rolled to a corner of the arena. She gathered up most of the adrenaline and turned it into rage. A pure, blinding rage that overtook all your senses and transformed you into a mindless barbarian, where the only thing you can think of is to kill the deimon closest to you as soon as you can. She took the emotion and rooted it in the souls of the other deimons, watching the invisible flames lick up their limbs and wrap tightly around their brains (or whatever equivalent of a brain they might have).

She took the rest of that adrenaline and used it to fill herself with extreme discomfort. So extreme to the point that if anyone came near her all they would want to do is run, for with each step or slither towards her you would feel like you were walking on nails, a sharp prickling would race over your skin, and a feeling of wrongness would sit heavy on your soul. Something was wrong and you had to get away. Get away now! She stayed there, curled in a ball sobbing as if her family was being killed around her while she hid helpless under a partially upturned rock. "not again not again not again" she whispered softly, and waited to see what would happen. The spectators and summoners involved stared in confusion at the sight of the little porcupine shaped demon huddled crying in the middle of a death match before the first blow had even been struck.

Last edited:
Umbration

Innervation
A Prelude

As the Deimon Master speaks, the Sorceror Syril Dawntreader looks around at his opponents.

Ah. That mad fellow from last time must have been precluded from joining us here. Hopefully that will make this easier for me.

Listening to the descriptions of the deimons he thinks to himself.The pangolin Daril can clone himself? Temporarily of course but that still gives me an idea.

Having realized while watching Reiktan fight that verbal communicion was not the most effective way to give orders during a hotly contested match, Syril had been working with a Cognizance deimon to perfect his contract-bound mental link with his 'employees'. As the battle begins he transmits down to Teddy:

"How quickly can you bud?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teddy hears Dawntreader's question amist the cheering for Maina. "That is a truly awful idea. I am ashammed to even know you right now." he responds as he secrets himself in an empty matchbox to think.

However, as soon as he darts inside Teddy is overcome by blinding rage which leaks through his mental link to Syril.

"Oh. I like that. Keep stoking that," Syril sends back.

You know. If I modify that budding idea a little bit it could do wonders. Teddy looks to Pyrelight just a little bit away.

Immeadiately, Teddy distorts the Velocity of a small piece of himself to 2,500 ft per second towards the Radience deimon. It rips off with the speed of a bullet. Its times like these I am glad I don't have nerves, he thought to himself. The makeshift bullet went clean through Pyrelight and out the other side to bounce around the arena.

Dangit Teddy thought observing the damage. The shot seemed to have pierced his enemies wing, but not hit any vital organs. Well at least that should keep it near the ground and the furanosesterterpene tetronic acids should be cause immense pain right about now. If this doesn't end quickly maybe I'll get to see a heart attack.

Teddy, the great connoisseur of steampunk romance novels, continued to dart around between different covers, his anger appeased.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syril Dawntreader watched Teddy's move with interest. I didn't order that, he thought to himself. Although he figured there is no arguing with the results.

"Let's call that Plan B"

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
The deimon Agrajag had no sense of time or space as humans would know it. As such, communicating with Agrajag was, for all intents and purposes, impossible. All Tee could do was sit back and enjoy the show.

The rabbit shaped deimon stood still, insanity burning in its eyes. The air around Agrajag twisted and distorted. Within a 15 foot radius of him, it started raining... then hailing... then snowing... then..... bananas? The very concrete beneath Agrajag feet turned into banana peels. This didn't seem to bother the deimon as he starting hopping along. The bananas that left the 15 foot radius sphere that surrounded him turned back into floor.

A speeding object of some sort came flying towards Agrajag. As it entered the zone around him it turned into a marshmallow. The marshmallow made a soft thud as it impacted the side of Agrajag's soft fluffy head. The rabbit shaped deimon quickly ate the delicious marshmallow with a big rabbity grin on his face. The diemon was clearly oblivious to the fact he had been summoned to a battle.

Spying a crying porcupine, Agrajag moved in to see what was wrong.

Val

Random pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I already feel like my very low rping skills aren't gonna be up to this...

Pyrelight had already seen battles. She even had fought and killed human hunters, so she almost expected that she would take a bullet in this fight, this 'rumble'...

---------------------------------------------------------

Val watched helplessly as the makeshift bullet went clean through Pyrelight's wing.
"Well fu-"

---------------------------------------------------------

The balefire phoenix screeched as the tiny grey piece of sponge tore through two of her left wing's secondary feathers. She quickly dove to the side, reducing the stress on her injured wing and looked for an elevated place to land.
Her wing was hurting much more than she expected for what could be considered a bullet, especially since it 'only' hit he secondaries. She managed a shaky landing on one of the many I-beams cluttering the 'ceiling' of the Factory and acted quickly.

First, she removed the two damaged feathers with her beak, the pain reducing immediately. She then removed the two opposite feathers to balance out lift, and took off immediately, not wanting to be struck by another bullet. She then began circling the 'arena', staying high and reducing the radiation she was emitting, thus reducing her glow, and began looking for her prey.

There was a rabbit, one of her favourite meals, and if at first it seemed like an easy prey, the circle of yellow surrounding him - were these bananas ? - seemed to radiate a very strange kind of magic, reminding her of... something... she could't remember, but she knew it was bad.
The small grey thing taking cover was what had shot her. There was a pangolin to the side, whose scales looked like it could resist some damage, and a porcupine crying in a corner, small and helpless, a rather easy prey but for some reason she didn't want to attack...

She opted for her usual hunting technique: increase her radiation output back to the max, and circle around, occasionally changing speed and dodging to avoid being a too easy target, waiting to see how things unfurl and for the rads to weaken her preys...

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Daril was already unsettled.

He had slow teleported into the arena unlike others, making sure everyone knows he's a force to be reckoned with... Until he saw the green phoenixshape.
And the porcupine that instills fear in him for whatever reason or another. In less than a moment, he realized.. The porcupine was crying??
The next thing he noticed was the small rabbitshape walking twoards her. It was kind of a slow walk, and Daril was unsure of the rabbit's intentions.
This meant he had to make a choice already.

OPTIONS
a- Ignore the situation
b- Attack the rabbit
o- Confront the porcupine

Interesting..

After a second, he chooses O. He can save the fighting for later. He too slowly walked twoards the porcupine, asking a simple question.
"Is everything alright?"

Alya Nathair

Supreme Summoner of Umbra Rumble
Umbration

Caprice
"Well that did not go as planned" Alya muttered under her breath, "but I suppose we can work with it anyways...". Of course things rarely do work when you get emotions involved. Illogicality and insanity can tend to take over, but that was just a fact of life, too late to dwell on now. Suddenly a maniacal grin spread across her face and she simply sat back and let her deimon take full control, feeding off her emotions as well as its own. "This will be fun"

A rush of something strange entered Maina, was that laughter? Her summoner must be insane! Then it clicked, what she was supposed to do. "I'm not going to do it. You'll take us all down but also take none of us down its not worth it" she growled slowly unrolling just in time to see the pangolin and rabbit walking towards her. She stopped in her tracks watching the reality distort around the rabbit. Bananas? really? I guess I've seen stranger. Have I? I dont remember anymore...

She was just preparing to launch another attack when 3 simple words came from the pangolin "Are you alright?". Maina and her summoner were both taken aback. This was the middle of a death match, and her opponent was concerned about her. She looked up at the pangolin and let the last few tears leak from her eyes. "Why do you care?" she asked sternly, but gently, taking on an almost mothering attitude that puts the recipient more at ease. "As much as I appreciate your sentiment aren't we here to kill one another?"

Umbration

Innervation
The First Movement

Syril Dawntreader looks away from Pyrelight's flight and notices that Maina, Agrajag, and Daril have clustered in a corner near a workstation. Fantastic he thought as he pulled the black cowboy hat from a bag he had carried with him and placed it on his head (over his hood of course). As he stares at the multitude of matches and jars of flammable powder lying around the battle field, Syril begins to cackle maniacally and transmits to Teddy

"Engage Environmental Protocol F"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teddy glances at the barrels on the workstations and does a double take. That's pretty sadistic. Good thing there isn't anyone like Calypso here. Looking up at Pyrelight, Teddy transmits back "That won't take out the bird. Shouldn't we finish them first?"

"No. It will have to come down eventually with that wing injury, and if not we can worry about it later."

"Alright," Teddy capitulates, "At least this is better then the budding plan."

This will take precision, Teddy cautions himself as he flies through the air at 600 ft/s and stops abruptly in front of the barrel closest to the three deimons on the ground. Going about 40 ft/s he rams the barrel over spilling its contents onto the floor. Some splashes onto Daril and Agrajag, but their bodies block it from reaching Maina. Quickly repeating this as he moves from barrel to barrel the entire factory floor is covered in the red flammable powder.

Alright here comes the tricky part. Staying as far away from the other deimons as possible Teddy sets off at breakneck speeds along the floor, his movement heating the air enough to light the powder. As the floor erupts into flames he pulls up into safety, the little bit of fire that had caught on him being blown out by the air moving into the space behind him. It spreads almost instantly to the three competitors. Well I hope that works, Teddy fretted as he changed his focus to the pheonix, because I don't have time to keep fighting on multiple fronts. He felt a tinge of regret at attacking the crying porcupine, but this was a battle royal after all. Eventually everyone would have to fall.

Using his powers to match the force of gravity Teddy hovers in the air for a moment before beginning evasive aerial manuevers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syril Dawntreader removes the blindfold from his pocket as he watches the huge bright fire spring up almost instantly. Plummeting moons! I really thought I wouldn't need this this time.

As he ties the blindfold, once the sleeve of a black duster, on, he shouts to the sorceror Val over the roar of the fire.

"Unfortunate I couldn't finish your deimon earlier. I have heard the perils of phoenix hunting are great."

Especially for the phoenix.

Edits made for grammar and spelling.

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
"Well, yes, but..." Daril thought for a moment. "No? I mean.. We are here to fight, but certainly not here to kill. Least thats what my summoner told me.. Right?"

The trashlord in the side of the arena gives Daril a thumbs-up, just before glancing at Teddy abd trying to shout a warning at the pangolin. It, of course, was just barely too late and Daril started freaking out by the gunpowder that got on her and.. The porcupine.
"LOOK OUT!" he suddenly shouts when noticing the firesponge thing, an exact replica of him appearing in midair.

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
There was fire... but then no fire. The banana peels turned back into concrete. Within the 15 feet surrounding the rabbit shaped deimon, the flames stood still. A gentle breeze filled this zone and it felt like a tropical afternoon. The motionless flames turned into blades of soft grass and the smoke into butterflies. Outside this zone the flames roared on, their heat not felt inside.

The rabbit stopped and turned. It’s red eye glaring at the source of all this unsolicited change.
Some sound was omitted by the rabbit but as it was currently experiencing time at a fluctuating rate, it was impossible to distinguish what that sound was.

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Daril had momentarily spotted the firesponge almost directly below him. In response, the pangolin almost immediately pushed himself into a rolling attack, potentially hitting the firesponge not once but twice through the fact that he was still duplicated. The one above hit first, followed by the second, which disappeared directly before the explosion.

Umbration

Innervation
The Second Movement

Teddy hears the pangolin jump before he feels it.

In the few seconds of disconnect, he could have moved away, but instead the following thoughts went through his head: When did he port? I missed seeing it. Not that I have any eyes. I can't believe this plan is actually working. Dawntreader must be smarter then he looks.

Nah....

As Daril makes contact, Teddy exeutes the manuever he has used on giant scorpions, his favorite prey, many times before. Surely scorpion chitin works under the same principles as this stuff. Without losing another second, Teddy launchs tiny wafer-thin pieces of himself like bullets through the cracks in the pangolin's armor. Then Teddy shoots upwards with enough momentum to slam the pangolin into the ceiling.

Watching Daril fall, Teddy knows from experience what must be happening to him. First, the hard slam into the ceiling should have given him a concussion and knocked him unconcious. If it didn't, the fragments of Teddy which had been shot through his body must be causing all sorts of damage to his internal organs. Finally, the acids Daril had gotten on himself both from touching Teddy to attack him and from the pieces shot through the chitin would be agonizing as they slowly burn him away from the inside. On top of that, the acids would be trapped festering under the pangolin's layer of armor.

Let's see if I aimed this right, he muses just before he sees Daril's comatose body barely brush past Pyrelight.

Hmm. Well, maybe some of the acid on the outside of his body got on the phoenix. Probably not though. How unfortunate.

Teddy pulls back away from the other combatants and starts move quickly back and forth between two points on the wall effectively appearing as a tiny blurred streak on the wall. He then relays the events to Syril.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On the reception of Teddy's message, the sorceror Syril Dawntreader decides to risk peaking from under his blindfold. He spies Daril unconcious lying among the fire, and, more interestingly, he observes that the grass Agrajag's deimon had created from the flames was also beginning to catch fire. He wasn't sure how long the flames would take to reach the rabbit and porcupine, but he felt sure that they would.

Muahahahahaha!!!! Syril cackles in his head as he considers the consquences of this manuever.

"Your thoughts are bleeding again. It is like you didn't even listen to Argent's privacy lecture."

"Oops," Syril projected "Sorry."

"You should be. Your gloating is insufferable. We aren't even close to finished here yet. I could still lose easily. Get your head back in the fight."

Ashamed at being disciplined by a sponge, Dawntreader tries to make himself useful. Staring intently at the blurred pattern his deimon was making on the wall he thought. He must have lost at least 7 grams of body mass by now.

I wonder how much longer we can keep this up.