running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Dzuna would say...
the only thing to treasure is being #1
:ghostdzuna:

🥇

Welcome to the successor to the VSTC and the DDD! In TREASURE, we will vote for Exvulnerum daily on Top Web Comics (TWC) in the hopes of getting this comic into the top spots of their ranking!

If the RULES seem long and confusing, then just skim the first page or two of this thread and I'm sure you'll get it! You are allowed to skip reading the rules and can make mistakes! It's okay! You can come back to the rules for clarifications.

RULES:
  • 🗳VOTE DAILY
    • Vote for Exvulnerum daily by using this link.
      • Scroll down to see everything you need to play: the month, the day, Exvulnerum's rank, and the vote button.
      • The "day" is based on TWC's calculation of days (the UTC time zone) and is expressed with the remaining days left until the rankings reset. Example: 1 day of voting left!
      • Click on "VOTE" to vote
        • If you aren't signed in to TWC, you need to get past their captcha by selecting the right character.
      • You did it! Now you can see the current voting incentive!
    • Make a post here showing that you voted. A template is provided after this rules section.
  • 🎎TEAM DYNAMICS
    • Teams consist of two people each, and you can name your team anything!
      • When you vote, your team gains a point.
      • You can vote "One vote per computer per comic per day" according to TWC's rules, but you gain only one point per day here (two per day with both team members voting).
    • You don't NEED a team. You can play solo forever, or you can play solo for a while and then add someone to your team later, keeping your points.
      • If your teammate goes a full calendar month without voting, you can remove them from the team and add a new teammate while keeping your points. No hard feelings.
    • You can form teams here in this thread or by asking someone directly. Maybe post a status update requesting a teammate. It's all handled by you!
  • 🧹RANK RESET DAY
    • Every new month, the TWC ranking resets, and some special things happen here.
      • First, at least ONE team member must post here on reset day (the first day of the new month). Otherwise, all of their points are lost.
      • The first person to vote from each team must pay their team's POINTS PENALTY by subtracting the penalty from their points total.
        • The points penalty is equal to the rank Exvulnerum finished with at the end of the previous month.
        • In the example image above, Exvulnerum was at rank 244, so the points penalty for all teams would be 244 points.
        • Team points cannot go under zero.
      • If Exvulnerum does poorly in the rankings, it is likely that all teams will have their points wiped. However, if Exvulnerum does well, the penalty might not be that bad and allow teams to build up their points from month to month!
  • 🖼THE TREASURE
    • There are two types of rewards for this game: the INCENTIVE SPIN and the EXPLOSION OF WIN.
      • Whenever Zules has time to make a voting incentive, she will spin a wheel with all active teams (teams who have posted within the last few days). The higher a team's points, the bigger slice of the wheel they get.
        • The winning team gets to choose the topic of the next voting incentive art, and Zules will create it!
        • In order to streamline this process, teams will be required to put their art request in their daily voting posts.
          • Art requests should be somewhat vague. You can request art of a certain character, art having to do with a certain scene of the comic, a panel redraw, or something similar. All art requests must be Exvulnerum related. If a request is too weird, specific, or hard, then the resulting art piece might be sloppy or strange. Let's try to find a balance.
          • Remember, you are a team, so have some dialogue about what your art request is.
            • If team members are in disagreement about their request I will try to combine both of their ideas.
          • If you need ideas, check out the Exclusive Content section which contains past art requests.
          • You can copy and paste the same art request every day or change it up from day to day. I will use your most recent request if you win.
      • The Explosion of Win occurs when a team collects TOO many points. We can't allow that, or new players won't have a chance.
        • If a team collects 619 points, THE TEAM EXPLODES, is disbanded, and cannot earn any more points!
        • Exploded teams get memorialized in the section below AND each team member will get a piece of TREASURE: their own custom emote on Cresnov.
        • Members of exploded teams are encouraged to make new teams with different partners. May they one day explode again.
---
💥 The Exploded... 💥
No teams have exploded yet!

---

Here is the template you may use when posting here daily. You can format it however you wish but try not to leave anything out:

I voted!
TEAM (NAME): 9 points
X days of voting left!
Rank
ART REQUEST: Something to do with _________ and _________.
You may also casually chat here along with posting your votes!

So why join this game? As people have said in the past:
  • "The teams are fun! The only thing better than winning is winning with a friend!"​
  • "It makes some unique artwork that we couldn't see in the comic itself."​
  • "everybody loves wheel spins, its a fact of life"​
And...

Voting every day brings more readers to Exvulnerum! Let's torture more people make more friends!!

Last edited:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Most of the players who are posting below have come from previous iterations of this game, so they already have teams in mind and don't need to coordinate like a new player might need to. If you need to ask questions or ask for a teammate on this thread, feel free! We will help you out.
This time, we're not doing "streaks" exactly, so you don't have to worry about voting EVERY day! Just be sure to vote on the 1st of the month at the very least, or your points will get reset (but they might get reset anyway. See "Rank Reset Day" above for more details.)

Last edited:

chaosenjoyer

real
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
it’ll be oddly fitting for the 8-Bit Ballistae to go out in an explosion

EstherTb

Blaze Blaster Master "Broke the Game" StreakKeeper
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

chaosenjoyer

real
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I voted!
8-Bit Ballistae: 1 point
30 days remain…
ART REQUEST: Something to do with West and an angry goose. (Any opinions @Rateus?)

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Well someone's counter is slow to respond and/or broken...

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Zules was here

I voted! I also rejected the template.

8-Bit Ballistae: 2 points
30 days remain…
Rank: #289 but only because it says only 1 vote when I know for a fact there have been at least three. Come on TWC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
I voted!
8-Bit Ballistae: 1 point
30 days remain…
ART REQUEST: Something to do with West and an angry goose. (Any opinions @Rateus?)
I'm a big fan of geese and a big fan of West getting goosed so this seems good. Although knowing Zules West and The Goose would join forces to drive Evey away from Amber :-/

EstherTb

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I voted!
The Lonely Petunia: 2 (pending until tonight utc)
Days 29
Rank 246
ART REQUEST: Something to do with Hoko and her corporate job

Last edited:

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Can't believe that Esther managed to score 2 points on day 1. Darned timezones!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@Rateus Gonna have to confiscate that voting incentive from your post 😛 They're incentives to vote, darn it!

@EstherTb The day hasn't rolled over yet so not sure where you found "Days 29" but it's still 30 days left! Everyone has the same time zone for this challenge and that time zone is TWC's.

EstherTb

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
@Rateus Gonna have to confiscate that voting incentive from your post 😛 They're incentives to vote, darn it!

@EstherTb The day hasn't rolled over yet so not sure where you found "Days 29" but it's still 30 days left! Everyone has the same time zone for this challenge and that time zone is TWC's.
Oops I just assumed it would be next day LOL. Ieedited thr post

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Vote has been voted
My echo, my shadow, and me: 1 pt
30 days of voting left!
Rank #193
Art request : something to do with an Amathæan car

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@EstherTb Now that the day has rolled over, be sure to vote again and post here for point #2 to officially count! :semicolondee:

EstherTb

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
@EstherTb Now that the day has rolled over, be sure to vote again and post here for point #2 to officially count! :semicolondee:
I would neverrrr forget!

I voted again
The Lonely Petunia: 2
Days 29
Rank 163
ART REQUEST: Something to do with Amber eating a cookie and being happy

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
8-Bit Ballistae: 3 points
29 days remain…
Total Votes: 19
Comic Rank: 119

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
My shadow, my echo, and me: 2 pts
29 days of voting left
Art request: Something to do with Amber and chores

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
I VOTED! (Actually I voted hours ago, but only just now posted a message cause I had to ask questions cause I didn't fully understand, but now I understand)
(Currently Solo) Once in a Blue Moon: 1 point
29 days of voting left!
Exvulnerum Rank 110
ART REQUEST: Something to do with Evey's hair and banana peelings.

(I hope I did this correctly. )

chaosenjoyer

real
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I voted!
8-Bit Ballistae- 4 points
29 Days Remain…
Art request: Something to do with West and an angry goose.