"Today I Learnt"

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
TIL sometimes you really do have to reinstall drivers after a cold boot doesn't work. (This was a different driver/problem; I'm having some bad luck)

TheJLT

No sandwiches for you.
Umbration

Cognizance
TIL I'm not the only one on the forums who watches Northernlion.

Rue

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Umbration

Duality
TIL I'm not the only one on the forums who watches Northernlion.
I have now watched NL for years.... against my will
I know so many youtubers and streamers against my will
It's practically stockholm syndrome at this point
Although now I'm actually pretty neutral towards NL, almost leaning positive...... but I HATE Dan Gheesling

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Ennell is a national treasure (of Canada)

I wish him only the best in all his endeavors

Reactions: Rue

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
TIL certain australians regularly eat lunch sandwiches at 9 in the morning...

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
TIL about this from a random MSN headline: Faith Groups Launch New Curriculum in Bid to Address Surge in Christian Nationalism (msn.com)

Honestly, this is one of the best pieces of news I've read in a long, long time. My prayers are with this movement to counteract the harmful effects of Christian nationalism. (For what it's worth, though, I am 100% in favor of Christian patriotism. The two concepts are quite distinct, yet one is much more biblical than the other.)

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
TIL about this from a random MSN headline: Faith Groups Launch New Curriculum in Bid to Address Surge in Christian Nationalism (msn.com)

Honestly, this is one of the best pieces of news I've read in a long, long time. My prayers are with this movement to counteract the harmful effects of Christian nationalism. (For what it's worth, though, I am 100% in favor of Christian patriotism. The two concepts are quite distinct, yet one is much more biblical than the other.)
I read the whole article and am rather confused. It didn't really articulate what this christian nationalism is very well. Can you put it into perspective for me? Is it a certain set of beliefs? Is said something about combining your christian values and american values being that but I'm not sure if I interpreted that right.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I read the whole article and am rather confused. It didn't really articulate what this christian nationalism is very well. Can you put it into perspective for me? Is it a certain set of beliefs? Is said something about combining your christian values and american values being that but I'm not sure if I interpreted that right.
It's hard to encapsulate in brief, but a good executive summary description of it might be "worshiping country in addition to, or in exclusion of, God Himself." It is idolatry, in other words.

Our pastor actually taught a bit on this subject during his sermon this morning. It's actually being rebroadcast right now, if you manage to catch this in time. If not, it'll be uploaded to our church's site within a day or so.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
It's hard to encapsulate in brief, but a good executive summary description of it might be "worshiping country in addition to, or in exclusion of, God Himself." It is idolatry, in other words.

Our pastor actually taught a bit on this subject during his sermon this morning. It's actually being rebroadcast right now, if you manage to catch this in time. If not, it'll be uploaded to our church's site within a day or so.
Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the encapsulation! I guess I learned something today 😁

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
TIL (Or rather, the other day I learnt) that My grandma's not pure Vietnamese

Apparently, on her side, I'm also French, Cambodian, and Chinese. At this point, I'm wondering if I should take a 23&Me test

TheJLT

No sandwiches for you.
Umbration

Cognizance
TIL (Or rather, the other day I learnt) that My grandma's not pure Vietnamese

Apparently, on her side, I'm also French, Cambodian, and Chinese. At this point, I'm wondering if I should take a 23&Me test
NO!!!! insurance will buy your genetic info.... then they won't pay for you when you catch brain cancer at 49.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
It sure must suck not to have a national health service.
Actually it kinda sucks having to pay for others medical bills when I use medical services like, once every 5 years

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Actually it kinda sucks having to pay for others medical bills when I use medical services like, once every 5 years
You do realise that is the exact same way medical insurance works. The people who use services least fund those that require them most. Unless your saying you'd rather not have any health coverage, in which case that once every 5 years could wipe a significant chunk of your savings out, heck private insurers tend to have an excess that you're liable for before they pay out.

Reactions: Tee

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
If I didn't have healthy people chipping in to the system to pay for my extraordinary medical needs, we might not even have a Cresnov.com to discuss this.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
To recompense for bringing politics into this generally peaceful Switzerland-esque forum, allow me to poke fun at myself:

CptCascadia

Captain of the Star Ship Argo
Umbration

Cosmos
TIL that finding useful sources about Denmark Vesey is harder than it looks

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
TIL that finding useful sources about Denmark Vesey is harder than it looks
In light of the fact that the best way to truly learn something is to teach it (and totally not because I'm too lazy to Google), who is Denmark Vesey?