The last person to post in this thread wins.

Marken

person guy
Umbration

Radiance
buh

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Buh buh buh buh buh

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Well that died quite easily. Oegyien just gets bored quickly.

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
wait....you don't like homestuck? I thought that was the thing you were into.

Marken

person guy
Umbration

Radiance
he is a """"recovering"""" homesbuhck ""fan""
buh

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
You have an even number of quotation marks. That just means they all cancel each other out like a double negative or a quadruple negative in this case.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
he is a """"recovering"""" homesbuhck ""fan""
buh
You have an even number of quotation marks. That just means they all cancel each other out like a double negative or a quadruple negative in this case.

There's... there's EIGHT.... EIGHT QUOTATION MARKS ON THE WORD RECOVERING. THE SKY IS FALLING. THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN. THE END IS NIGH!!!

Marken

person guy
Umbration

Radiance
i am aware, and was as i was writing it

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
no. """"recovering"""" could be represented as (+1)*(-1)*(+1)*(-1)=1
so recovering is left with the original meaning instead of the reverse with quotation marks.

Marken

person guy
Umbration

Radiance
again, i am and was aware about the even number. however
in my opinion, quotation marks, when not used for actual quotations, are marking something close to layers of irony, which do not stack the same as simple negatives.
lack of quotes represents truth, as in: i have a dog. (meant literally and truthfully)
single quotes mark a single layer of irony, which is simple untruth, as in: i have a "dog." (meaning the thing i have isn't a dog, likely obviously so)

double quotes marks two layers of irony, which is NOT back to truth, but rather something in between truth and reality. as in: i have a ""dog.""(meaning the thing i have may or may not be a dog, depending on how serious i want to be about it, and on factors such as your response to it)

this meaning is most often applicable to things such as opinions and potential actions, where the truth or untruth of whether you actually embrace an opinion or stance depends on the (re)action of those around you. this is the meaning i used for ""fan,"" meaning that oeg is a fan in a simple sense of being knowledgeable about a work, and making frequent jokes about it, but depending on circumstances may not be positive towards use or appearance of the work.

triple and quadruple quotes are much more abstract and harder to represent, or talk about, effectively, but i will simply say that in this case, the quad quote around """"recovering"""" does, in fact, lean nearer to truth, in that some actual recovering is taking place (in any sense that recovering can apply), but that it isn't very effective given that he keeps the close company of several non-recovering fans that keep reminding him of it.

this isn't even mentioning that double negatives aren't always positive, either (isn't unintelligible ≠ intelligible; some languages also have double negative actually being emphasized negative)

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
As Marken and Summoned discussed the intricate utilizations of quotation marks in a multi-media digital space, Oegyein had found himself curled into a little ball as he rocked himself back and forth in the corner, crying and chanting to himself.

"There are no quadrants"

His echoes resounded, falling unto the uncaring ears of the Interwebs.

"There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are n..."

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
As Marken and Summoned discussed the intricate utilizations of quotation marks in a multi-media digital space, Oegyein had found himself curled into a little ball as he rocked himself back and forth in the corner, crying and chanting to himself.

"There are no quadrants"

His echoes resounded, falling unto the uncaring ears of the Interwebs.

"There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are no quadrants, There are quadrants, There are n..."
:imsosmart: