The Inspiration Thread

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Right so people may be wondering what else influenced me to create this and its a couple of things really stand out. I've been reading the autobiography of an actor called Brian Blessed. He's been a hero of mine for a while and I was wondering what inspires everybody else. That and the Procrastination station, showing we could use a little motivation/inspiration sometimes.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I was able to tear myself away from the computer and get to church on time! :amberapproves:

BleepBloopBeep

Umbration

Cognizance
Reactions: Rue

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm pretty sure at this point I'd spontaneously combust if I entered a church. I've not been the goodest of boys over the years.
Jesus said:
Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
I know you were joking, but that's from Luke 18 and it fits right in on this thread, I think.

BleepBloopBeep

Umbration

Cognizance
I know you were joking, but that's from Luke 18 and it fits right in on this thread, I think.
I love this thank you 😊
It appears it does.

I'm the first to admit my religious knowledge is somewhat limited but I'm always up for learning more 👍.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
It appears it does.

I'm the first to admit my religious knowledge is somewhat limited but I'm always up for learning more 👍.
I'd be willing to take you up on that in a private conversation, if you're interested!

Jesus is my inspiration, and I'm always excited to discuss my hope with others.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I love watching people walk their dogs around the neighborhood :lol: It makes me happy to see people enjoying the outdoors and their pets!

she says, while cooped up in her home office... will she even go outside today?? it's highly unlikely

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I just saw a squirrel prancing across our front lawn. +1 to Zulespiration

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Hey y'all! Our church already had a robust online campus in place before COVID-19, and it's only gotten better since then.

Our Senior Pastor, Ronnie Norman, is giving a live, online Bible lesson right this moment, if anyone wants to come and listen! You can even peep on me chatting on the side 👀, although I think you'll need to sign up with the church to chat yourself.

He personally said that he'd like people all over the world to attend, so... come on down to Sugar Land for an evening, why don'tcha? :)

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
That was really insightful! Thanks for inviting us, @Avidro!

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
That was really insightful! Thanks for inviting us, @Avidro!
My pleasure! I hope it was inspiring to everyone who watched it. Ronnie's a great preacher. :)

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
*late again to the party* gosh dern it

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
*late again to the party* gosh dern it
Check the link anyway - it's got the online campus' weekly schedule, so you can set reminders to tune in at whichever time is convenient for you!

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Check the link anyway - it's got the online campus' weekly schedule, so you can set reminders to tune in at whichever time is convenient for you!
That’s actually nice since my church doesn’t have that for the youth meetings and I’m currently quarantined