The Food Thread

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Well I'm not including a picture because it's quite mangled on my plate, but I have just tried pupusas for the first time and I love it.

El Salvadorian tamales it turns out, are wrapped in banana leaves, and I can taste a banana flavor. Soooo don't like them as much as the pupusa.
Kinda wondering about other El Salvadorian food now... anyone have recommendations?

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Seafood. Love it or hate it? Eat it but really picky about it? Cook it?

Well, in general, I have food majorly on the brain recently because I wanna try baking homemade bread and just finding some new recipes of different types, especially healthy ones! One thing I can't ignore, is that I should incorporate seafood into my diet.
I've always been a pretty staunch seafood hater, BUT I did grow to like a few basic sushi rolls, but I still haven't tried seafood in any other format in years.
I love normal/crunchy California rolls, I've also tolerated or enjoyed a couple rolls with salmon and eel before. But still, I prefer vegetarian rolls to those.
From my limited experiences I did NOT enjoy tuna, squid, roe (it was okay but the texture was off-putting), and I hate hate HATE shrimp.

So I'm wondering where everyone else stands on seafood!

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
You are quite possibly the first person that I've ever heard of that hates shrimp but likes other types of seafood. Most people I know who hate seafood still like shrimp. 🤷‍♂️
My boyfriend, well he likes seafood even less than me because he uses to be allergic but now he's not anymore? He will sometimes eat a sushi roll but only if its like deep fried.
But he also doesn't like shrimp, not sure if he hates it as much as I do though.

I've tried eating it a couple times. One horrible time I even tried cooking it in home ec, but I had to leave the kitchens because the smell almost made me throw up.

Just looking at it disgusts me. Its ocean bugs.
I'm surprised I could bring myself to enjoy California rolls since crabs are ocean spiders, but I take comfort in the fact that most of what I have is probably just the imitation crab anyway. 😂

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
He will sometimes eat a sushi roll but only if its deep fried.
Deep fried sushi? ok ok you aren't supposed to deep fry that

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Someone's never heard of tempura or katsu XD

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Reactions: Rue

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Honestly thr deep fried rolls are pretty good. 😭 I try to avoid them too often for obvious reasons... plus if I'm really going to go for unhealthy rolls I'd rather have the tempura flakes on top.

My keyboard just tried to suggest the shrimp emoji to me when I said tempura. I am offended.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
He will sometimes eat a sushi roll but only if its like deep fried.
Deep fried sushi? ok ok you aren't supposed to deep fry that
View attachment 3799
Scotland laughs in your face with you bring we fry in effect at some chip shops.

Seafood. Love it or hate it? Eat it but really picky about it? Cook it?
Not a big fan myself. Mostly it comes down to texture though.

I hate hate HATE shrimp
Also this.

Reactions: Rue

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I love all seafoods yom yom yom

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I'm weird. I like octopus, squid, lobster, crab, and fish,

but I hate shrimp, prawn, oysters, and most other seafood.

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I like seafood. See? :cryeat: Food!

...No, go away bird mama! Get your own seafood! :angryamber: :fliesaway:

Marken

keeper of the likes
Umbration

Radiance
IMG_20200824_073649154.jpg

toast art?

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
The center one reminds me of a shotgun pellet spread for some reason.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

I haven't actually sat down to try it yet, but I bought this salty lychee flavored Pepsi at my usual Japanese grocery store. They also had a cinnamon Pepsi but I honestly wasn't willing to shell out another 3 bucks.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Update: It's a little fruity. A little salty. All around it's actually not too bad, but also probably not a flavor I'd choose, compared to something like a cherry pepsi.

EstherTb

Best FireBender
Umbration

Duality
View attachment 4226

I haven't actually sat down to try it yet, but I bought this salty lychee flavored Pepsi at my usual Japanese grocery store. They also had a cinnamon Pepsi but I honestly wasn't willing to shell out another 3 bucks.
I thought that was Dr. Pepper at first. I don't like Dr. Pepper. However, I drank a whole can the other day. Why you ask? Well my sister grabbed it from the fridge and sat down to drink it. She had to run to the kitchen to grab something and came back to an empty bottle...I couldn't resist even if I didn't like the drink. X3

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I thought that was Dr. Pepper at first. I don't like Dr. Pepper. However, I drank a whole can the other day. Why you ask? Well my sister grabbed it from the fridge and sat down to drink it. She had to run to the kitchen to grab something and came back to an empty bottle...I couldn't resist even if I didn't like the drink. X3
Huh. Dr. Pepper is one of the only sodas I actually "like" 😅

For anyone wondering, my like list is:
Dr. Pepper
Cream Soda
Baja Blast