The Food Thread

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Just like many other people, I love food! So please tell me about/share pictures of the things you cook, eat, or find!!

Today, my breakfast was a real BLAST (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Spinach, Tomato 👉:cool:👉)

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Didn't grab a picture, but my dad made a pretty rad Bacon'n'eggs for breakfast to commemorate 2/3 of my brothers now off school for the year. Definitely trumps my usual nothing-for-breakfast XD

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Made Spaghetti last night

Didn't taste bad, but definitely not the best XD

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I make some bomb spaghetti/pasta. So, here's some completely un-asked for tips!

• Generously salt the water and make sure it's at a fullllll boil before you dump the pasta in. Stir constantly for a couple minutes and it shouldn't stick together, no need for oil.
• Save a some of the water before you drain the pasta and mix it back in with the sauce! The salt and starch helps the sauce stick to the pasta and adds a lil bit of taste. Of course be careful not to add a LOT or you would risk watering it down.
• Don't rinse your cooked pasta - (slight exception is for a cold pasta salad).
• Mixing in a few spoonfuls of ricotta to the pot can add a nice flavor and creaminess to tomato sauce.
• Great additions to tomato sauce: Minced garlic, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, MORE tomato. 🍅 I made a recipe once that used a little red curry paste and peas too!
• Pesto: goes great with spinach and tomato mmmmmmm

Idk about meat though.... I don't really eat meat in my pasta so I have no tips on that :amberoops:

Marken

keeper of the likes
Umbration

Radiance
tips on meat that no one asked for: defrost it, brown it with aromatics (onion, garlic, peppers, etc) and spices in a pan, put it in an empty pot (may or may not be the one used for cooking the noodles), put the sauce in with the meat, then put the noodles in with the both of them.
putting the meat and sauce in a pot before the noodles allows the whole thing to be mixed in the pot without any "dry" spots at the bottom of the pot.
alternatively, put the sauce, meat, and pasta water in a separate serving bowl apart from the noodles, and let people get their own amounts of sauce.

Last edited:

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
tips on meat that no one asked for: defrost it, brown it with aromatics (onion, garlic, peppers, etc) and spices in a pan, put it in an empty pot (may or may not be the one used for cooking the noodles), put the sauce in with the meat, then put the noodles in with the both of them.
putting the meat and sauce in a pot before the noodles allows the whole thing to be mixed in the pot without any "dry" spots at the bottom of the pot.
alternatively, put the sauce, meat, and pasta water in a seperate serving bowl, and let people get their own amounts of sauce.
Aye yeah, got all that down. Makes it taste pretty rad :cool:

• Generously salt the water and make sure it's at a fullllll boil before you dump the pasta in. Stir constantly for a couple minutes and it shouldn't stick together, no need for oil.
I'm kicking myself because my thought process before I put the spaghet in was "should I salt the water? Nah, that's not a thing people do".

That probably would have made it better ;-;

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I'm kicking myself because my thought process before I put the spaghet in was "should I salt the water? Nah, that's not a thing people do".

That probably would have made it better ;-;
Oh yeah. You always gotta salt the pasta water. My fave way of describing it that I stole from some cooking show: make that water taste like the seeeeeaaaaaa!! 😂

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

I'm on mobile so idk if it is going to upload sideways.... 😬

I made spaghetti!! Nothing that fancy.. just added some ricotta garlic powder to the sauce. Too lazy to saute vegetables. 😅

Also featuring homemade garlic toast!!

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Oh heckin' rad! Though the lack of meat gave me whiplash XD

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Oh heckin' rad! Though the lack of meat gave me whiplash XD
Lol. I already said I don't eat meat in pasta though. 😂

I also don't eat meat in my burritos.

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Reactions: Rue

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
IT TASTES BAD
B-but, The golden balance! Meat, cheese, rice, and beans...

YOU FOOL, YOU TIP THE BALANCE OF NATURE!

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I am so sorry ;-;

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
B-but, The golden balance! Meat, cheese, rice, and beans...

YOU FOOL, YOU TIP THE BALANCE OF NATURE!
I agree with 3 out of 4 of those. 😂

Put chicken in my enchilada and slather it in sauce and I think it's the most delicious thing in the world.

Put chicken in my burrito and slather it in sauce and I think it's completely repulsive.

:badliar:

Marken

keeper of the likes
Umbration

Radiance
IMG_20191217_082658381.jpg

wäffle

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Due to the renovations in my house and my kitchen being out of action, I am enjoying the expensive cuisine of cup ramen.