Sticky The Banter Thread

Rue

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Umbration

Duality
@Rue Longest lunar eclipse in 580 years is set to occur this week (Friday I think), thoughts?
-coughs-

I (technically*) DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT UNTIL THE DAY AFTER

That being said, it's not like eclipses are particularly rare. Even though lunar eclipses happen less frequently than solar eclipses, they are visible in a great area of the world.
Still sad I missed it though. 6 hours is a really long eclipse length.

I worked that evening and had like a mini panic attack at work (I guess?) and then after I got home, dear Jukaboom said, and I quote, "...and we have a special 500 year blood moon tonight, I can link the article if you'd like"
I am not superstitious at all but I was still like, you know what I can read it tomorrow, tonight isn't the night.

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS AN ECLIPSE

Anyway if you or anyone else wants more info about eclipses in general I'm happy to indulge

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
mmmmm I don't know if yall are having the same problem as I am. If none of you reply to this then I will assume that to be the case.

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Umbration

Duality
mmmmm I don't know if yall are having the same problem as I am. If none of you reply to this then I will assume that to be the case.
HOME PAGE ERROR?

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
HOME PAGE ERROR?
Aha! so you have also figured out how to get around the issue.

It wasn't too hard but still.
I bet there's at least a few members who shall be unable to get on until it's fixed.

I shall be here to make fun of them when they return.

Rue

Umbration

Duality
Aha! so you have also figured out how to get around the issue.

It wasn't too hard but still.
I bet there's at least a few members who shall be unable to get on until it's fixed.

I shall be here to make fun of them when they return.
@BleepBloopBeep figured it out after I brought it up on discord 😅 so at least anyone who checks on there should be able to check until its fixed

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
:robotwest:There was never any error; y'all were hallucinating.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
If I don't look at it, it can't see me.

Marken

mostly Axel, sometimes others
i have just found this image while going through files, that we made at least a year ago, based solely on @Oegyein's classpect (bard of light)
HA!_nerd.png

i an only assume it was designed to bully you, but noone here can remember who's idea it was specifically
~javen

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
i have just found this image while going through files, that we made at least a year ago, based solely on @Oegyein's classpect (bard of light)
View attachment 6191
i an only assume it was designed to bully you, but noone here can remember who's idea it was specifically
~javen
I'm offended. Surely I'd use far less banal language to insult that squanderous lemming @Oegyein. I bet he can't even tie his shoes without the aid of Velcro!

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I'm offended. Surely I'd use far less banal language to insult that squanderous lemming @Oegyein. I bet he can't even tie his shoes without the aid of Velcro!
Hey! I'll have you know I learned how to tie shoes last week!

Rue

Umbration

Duality
Some people may have noticed that I have been pretty inactive the past couple months. If you wanna hear about why, read below.

Since October, work and school have been :BWAAOO:

Long story short is MULTIPLE times in the past couple months, I have been scheduled extra hours, covered for call outs, or covered shifts for associates that either tested positive or needed to get tested for covid.

As I previously mentioned, we also had a shoplifter assault one of our managers a couple weeks ago. Since then, both her and the associate working with her that night have quit. No one can blame them.

My store is barely functioning with 2 managers (for 15 shifts managerial shifts a week) with the tiny tiny bit of help given to us from another store. Big Boss and the New Manager are having to pull 6 shifts a week even with the extra help.

And one morning I had a feeling that I was going to get pressured into being a manager again. And surely enough, that same day, big boss came in and first thing he did was ask me. In the end I agreed to help TEMPORARILY so they aren't worked into the ground until we can get another manager. Still waiting for it to finish processing so that hopefully I can take management shifts starting Sunday. But on a personal level I am filled with regret because I absolutely do not want to be a manager again. :cryofdisbelief: And realistically I will be pulling 4-5 shifts a week in the meantime, but at least my class will be over this week.

Also corporate COULD do one thing to actually help us out through this, and simply shorten our operating hours so that one manager can work from open-to-close, especially as we are incredibly slow at night even with the holidays approaching. But of course not. Corporate doesn't DO things that make sense.

Uhhhhhhhh in the middle of all this is also me pouring hours and hours into my class and luckily enough, I think even if I get a D on my final this week, I should still be able to pass the class with an A. That being said I still don't want a D, so hopefully having Wednesday afternoon will be enough to study.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Some people may have noticed that I have been pretty inactive the past couple months. If you wanna hear about why, read below.

Long story short is MULTIPLE times in the past couple months, I have been scheduled extra hours, covered for call outs, or covered shifts for associates that either tested positive or needed to get tested for covid.

As I previously mentioned, we also had a shoplifter assault one of our managers a couple weeks ago. Since then, both her and the associate working with her that night have quit. No one can blame them.

My store is barely functioning with 2 managers (for 15 shifts managerial shifts a week) with the tiny tiny bit of help given to us from another store. Big Boss and the New Manager are having to pull 6 shifts a week even with the extra help.

And one morning I had a feeling that I was going to get pressured into being a manager again. And surely enough, that same day, big boss came in and first thing he did was ask me. In the end I agreed to help TEMPORARILY so they aren't worked into the ground until we can get another manager. Still waiting for it to finish processing so that hopefully I can take management shifts starting Sunday. But on a personal level I am filled with regret because I absolutely do not want to be a manager again. :cryofdisbelief: And realistically I will be pulling 4-5 shifts a week in the meantime, but at least my class will be over this week.

Also corporate COULD do one thing to actually help us out through this, and simply shorten our operating hours so that one manager can work from open-to-close, especially as we are incredibly slow at night even with the holidays approaching. But of course not. Corporate doesn't DO things that make sense.

Uhhhhhhhh in the middle of all this is also me pouring hours and hours into my class and luckily enough, I think even if I get a D on my final this week, I should still be able to pass the class with an A. That being said I still don't want a D, so hopefully having Wednesday afternoon will be enough to study.
Extreme social distance hug :happyhug:

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

You're doing great by hanging in there, Rue! And congrats in advance on your A!! :ambernyeh:

TheJLT

All Know It
Umbration

Cognizance
I think this might possibly be the only thread on the entire forum that I have absolutely no memory of reading. I mean, until @CptCascadia necro'd it just now. :thisisntright:
I won't revive it if I only mention it in the banter thread! MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHA! Also I won't be watching it!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm trying a new superfood mushroom coffee and it tastes awwwful but I feel great :lol:

Rue

Umbration

Duality
I'm trying a new superfood mushroom coffee and it tastes awwwful but I feel great :lol:
is that the reishi stuff? I tried that once and it was definitely a different sort of flavor....
But maybe I'll give it another go since you seem (more or less) happy with it!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
is that the reishi stuff? I tried that once and it was definitely a different sort of flavor....
But maybe I'll give it another go since you seem (more or less) happy with it!
This one has Reishi, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, Shiitake, Turkey Tail, and King Trumpet, and I am turning into a fungus 😃

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I also started phototherapy 2 days ago, so that could also explain my feeling good

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
This one has Reishi, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, Shiitake, Turkey Tail, and King Trumpet, and I am turning into a fungus 😃
Pretty sure half of those are anime titles 🤔

"I am turning into a fungus" included