Sticky The Banter Thread

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
However, this is beginning to stray a little too far from the Banter Thread's roots (or lack thereof). If anyone wishes to continue this particular discussion, perhaps it would be best to move it to a thread of its own? :)
Well said.
Back to meaningless banter!

So anyone gone out for brunch recently?

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Well said.
Back to meaningless banter!

So anyone gone out for brunch recently?
Define brunch? I've never eaten brunch :(

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
Define brunch? I've never eaten brunch :(
Some form of eating out that takes place between breakfast and lunch time. Usually consists of either breakfast or lunch type foods. For example on a Sunday it is quite likely that my wife and I will sleep in until 10 am and when we wake up we go have some brunch. She will usually get eggs benedict and I will get some form of burger with chips.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I haven't eaten a proper brunch in a while, but boy howdy, do I love me a breakfast feast! :tastesgood: I'm like friggin' Ron Swanson up in here, except I avoid pork and beef products now (Zules and I are pollo-pescatarians). Turkey bacon's just as good, if not better than the real thing, though, surprisingly enough.

How does everyone here like their eggs? For a long time, I'd only eat scrambled eggs, but a few years ago I found the best fried egg recipe, and that's the only way I cook 'em anymore. I even made a silly cooking video about it for my Video Production final last semester, if anyone wants to see it!

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
I love a good fried egg. Please, share!

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
:zulesohno:

I wonder what they are contacting you about XD

StickFreeks

Unicorn
Umbration

Radiance
I have hated eggs precisely from shortly after I turned 3 (I remember the day I realized I HATED EGGS) until semi-recently, when I went on a personal quest to learn to like them!

I still don't like them in all their forms, but they are at their best when the whites and yolks are combined. Scrambled / Omelettes / anything super fluffy is now on my edible list. They really do taste better if bacon is involved though. :3

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
I like my eggs like I like my humans: processed with maximum efficiency and utilized in their highest capacity for the progress of robot kind.

No offense, humans.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I love eggs! Super nutritious and give me lots of energy!

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
Love me some pancakes. Also going back on the religion thing for a sec (sorry I'll be brief), I've kinda started assuming that pretty much any creator online or pretty much anyone on some sort of media is an atheist unless they're religion is involved in their work, so it's pretty refreshing to see some monotheistic views.

Also on another completely unrelated note has anyone watched The Good Doctor? I'm hooked on it and I'm not one to cry, (I go many months without crying quite often, and shows can rarely get to me) but I've cried from like every episode cause they always hit you with the feels with some twist at the end and they play the emotional music to get the tears flowing and they get me.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I haven't watched The Good Doctor, but I don't really watch television at all anymore, so that might be why. I used to watch House quite a lot, as far as medical dramas go, but he's not exactly Good, in the moral sense. Still, he was quite entertaining.

Scrubs was a great medical show, too. Very funny, and also (apparently) more true-to-life than most medical shows out there.

Reactions: Tee

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I loved Scrubs and House. So good.

These days it seems that every show is either horrifyingly bad (both in content and in message) or relegated to some obscure steaming service.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Eh, there's still gems out there, if you know where to look. For instance, that new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon? You'd think it'd be trash, right? Nah. It's like, insanely good. Pretty much top tier as far as the Saturday morning cartoon genre goes, based on what I've seen of it (it usually is playing on our TV in the mornings when our niece stops by before school).

Speaking of Saturday morning cartoons, is anyone else a fan of that genre? I'm having fond memories of Jackie Chan Adventures as I'm writing this post, although I have no idea if that aired on Saturday mornings or not. It just feels like a Saturday morning cartoon, ya know?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I started learning toki pona for probably the 5th time. This time, I'm over a week into it, which is probably longer than all my other attempts.

(It says "friendship is magic." I made this in 2011)

Val

The Archer
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
A friend of mine is making a little animated webseries, something completely WTF and stupidly funny, with unicorns, magics, and musics that'll stay in your head forever.
It's in french, but there are english subs.
You should watch it! 🦄