Sticky The Banter Thread

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Yeah, the general disingenuous response BS detection power would cover it.
So "Really? 🤨" would be more described as: "Understand the intentions and reasons behind any being's verbal facades."?

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
So, basically "Know how someone is really doing whenever you ask about their well being."?

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Anyone else?

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

I have to draw something.....

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
I punched my car's coolant reservoir and split my finger open.
Car: 1
My hand: 0

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Why? What had the expansion tank done to you? Why would you punch it? Tis not cool bro.
It cracked, leaked coolant everywhere, and stopped keeping my engine warm!

I then punched the new one while I was cutting the label off.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
They're made by Ford (equivalent to a taurus). Yeah Its a common problem with the expansion tanks on Fords (and Ford offshoots). Usually the failure is around the base of the coolant cap or the side of the tank.
That's exactly it. How did you know that?

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Oh no. Now I have an urge to go check my Fiesta's expansion tank, even though I never had any issue with this car... yet.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
That's exactly it. How did you know that?
Magic.
Oh no. Now I have an urge to go check my Fiesta's expansion tank, even though I never had any issue with this car... yet.
You usually get some indication before it goes pop and is more common on cars of a certain 'vintage' (10+ yrs). Check the areas mentioned for stress marks or distortion (It usually looks like a lot of scratches but is actually the start of small fissures in the plastic) and make sure the cap releases freely, (its not uncommon for the seal to get stuck, which is probably the cause of the tank stress).

Edit: Be especially careful with the Ecoboost engines. They're a sealed unit if they overheat (and suffer internal damage) then wave goodbye to that engine and hello to a big bill.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Context: My BF and I worked for about ~9 months at a truck stop in a town outside of Merced, CA before we in with his family in LA. This was like 6 years ago?

My friend just texted me that our old boss wants us to come and work in the back office of the store. Like damn we had a 1 hour commute way back in the day lol, right now it'd be closer to 5 hours. 😂😂 Apparently he even said he'd help us find a place to stay up there. The BF has a good job right now though so there's no chance in hell of us moving back up there for it, but it's oddly touching. When we first quit because we were planning to move, he offered to help us find a place to stay closer to the store then, too, so apparently we made an impression but god only knows why.

So yeah, that was a shocker.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Context: My BF and I worked for about ~9 months at a truck stop in a town outside of Merced, CA before we in with his family in LA. This was like 6 years ago?

My friend just texted me that our old boss wants us to come and work in the back office of the store. Like damn we had a 1 hour commute way back in the day lol, right now it'd be closer to 5 hours. 😂😂 Apparently he even said he'd help us find a place to stay up there. The BF has a good job right now though so there's no chance in hell of us moving back up there for it, but it's oddly touching. When we first quit because we were planning to move, he offered to help us find a place to stay closer to the store then, too, so apparently we made an impression but god only knows why.

So yeah, that was a shocker.
He's likely desperate.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
A guy I used to work with reversed a customers car off a ramp into another customers van. Then instead of stopping, he did what any sane person would do drove straight over the ramp and through a rack of approximately 70 tyres and my toolbox. I had been standing behind it until I heard the bang when he hit the van and went to see what happened.
So I found some pictures on my old phone that I had forgotten about including some related to this.
DSC_0063.JPG
The toolbox that receives love taps is the red lump in the bottom left corner.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
So I found some pictures on my old phone that I had forgotten about including some related to this.
The toolbox that receives love taps is the red lump in the bottom left corner.
Dang, it's so neat and organized. I envy you.