Sticky The Banter Thread

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I could live without them. Probably just should. Unfortunately I’m greedy and I know how much money my parents are worth.

I mean it’s not like I see any money from them at the moment anyways. You’d think they would contribute something to tuition, lodging or textbooks but no.

They’re probably going to live to 150 just to spite me too.

My wife believes family is one of the most important thing in the world so I guess I should play nice just for her if nothing else.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Being sick so much the past number of weeks had me feeling semi-depressed about the comic. I wasn't able to work on it very much, and I felt like the work I did do was lower quality, so I had very little excitement or motivation surrounding Exvulnerum which is a pretty rare thing for me. It really sucked.

But this week has been soooo much better now that I'm healthy again!!! I'M BACK TO MY OLD TRICKS <w<

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I didn't notice any decrease in art quality but then again I am sooooo wrapped up in the story at the moment. Minor changes would go unnoticed by me at the moment.

I've been planing out the story as I would write it about a chapter ahead and gotta say while I have been right about the general direction, I did not predict particular occurrences. You've done well at making a predictable course of events very entertaining. You have me on the edge of my seat every time there is an update.

Mid-post-edit:
Just realised you probably have worked a few pages in advance so you might be talking about pages to come being of a decreased quality not ones already posted. If that's the case, I'm sure it will be amazing anyways. They say the harshest critic is always yourself.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I didn't notice any decrease in art quality but then again I am sooooo wrapped up in the story at the moment. Minor changes would go unnoticed by me at the moment.

I've been planing out the story as I would write it about a chapter ahead and gotta say while I have been right about the general direction, I did not predict particular occurrences. You've done well at making a predictable course of events very entertaining. You have me on the edge of my seat every time there is an update.

Mid-post-edit:
Just realised you probably have worked a few pages in advance so you might be talking about pages to come being of a decreased quality not ones already posted. If that's the case, I'm sure it will be amazing anyways. They say the harshest critic is always yourself.
I think maybe I was being hard on myself because this is such an exciting and tense part of the story, so I wanted my illustrations to live up to it. But... even if they don't, at least the story itself can carry its own weight, if your perception is anything to go by! Thank you!

And I felt like page 532 was my low point; the pages surrounding it, too, but a little less so. I currently have 4 buffer pages, and I'm really excited about all of them, so that's part of the reason I made my post! :thumbsup:

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
How many buffer pages is that in Cresnovian?

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I'm sick now too... again... :thereisnojustice:

It's not as bad as our recent sicknesses though, so at least there's that.
Always a silver lining to the cloud of sickness

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Well, I've had the same tablet since page 330 (end of chapter 6), and I've finally replaced it with a new one just in time to start chapter 11! :lol: I looove the buttery smooth feeling of drawing with a new tablet :loveit::loveit::loveit:

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
Zules and I were just recently discussing alternate numerical systems! Life's funny, don'tcha know?

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
Well base six was used in some ancient civilisations. Quite interesting really. I feel its the kind of thing that should be taught in schools.

Smiley100P

The only Ace Attorney you need
Umbration

Innervation

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
Hi y'all it's been a bit and I know nobody has used this thread in a while but I have some pretty heavy junk to unload and have no clue where else to do it cause right now nobody in my personal life is aware of this, so this forum seemed as good a place as any cause nobody irl knows that I use this forum/will read this. TRIGGER WARNING THIS IS VERY HEAVY STUFF AND I'M SORRY FOR UNLOADING THIS SAD NOVEL OF A RANT ONTO UR HAPPY SERVER BUT I NEED ADVICE I HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THANKS. OK so I have a friend who is a senior in high school, we'll call her Faith. she has lived in a neglectful and abusive household her whole life but never told anyone about it until she told me yesterday. However, she has severe anxiety and depression because of it and has not been afraid to dump all of her emotions and suicidal thoughts onto any of her friends, new or old. Nobody could ever stay friends with her because she took advantage of us and treated us all as her therapists instead of actual friends. Because it all seemed like a scam for attention, no one can tell how much of what she's saying is true. I've always known that her mom and grandma weren't very caring people but I never realized the extent of the abuse in her household until she explained it all to me yesterday. She lives with her: mom; her aunt, uncle, and their baby daughter; her 2 younger cousins; and her grandpa. They all live in a house with few bedrooms and don't have much money so there is rarely food in the house for the kids. Faith used to live with her younger sister, but she would both physically and emotionally attack her so her sis moved in with her dad in his tiny apartment. Faith's grandma has also both physically and emotionally attacked her on multiple occasions when she comes to visit. Her mom also hit her a few times. All of this has caused Faith to have PTSD which nobody knows about. CPS has come two times for Faith but every time they said that because there is no evidence of physical abuse, they can't help in any way. Most, if not all, of the adults in the house frequently get drunk and vape in the house around the children and baby, causing them to sit in second hand smoke. They also often smoke weed in the garage. The uncle has given alcohol to the baby before and they leave all of the alcohol within reach of the kids, often open because they pass out and leave their drinks on the floor. The adults are too preoccupied, so Faith and her 13 yr old cousin are often left to take care of the baby. The baby also has been seen with bruises on her legs and when questioned the uncle just replies by saying "she's tough." CPS has never come because of the baby. I want to report all of this to CPS, but Faith says that if I do, her mom will know/assume that she is the one who snitched and will kick her out (she has threatened to kick her out before). I worry she may also be physically harmed because of it. Faith says that if that happens, she can't live with her dad because her sister fights so much that it would be dangerous. She also can't graduate this year, so she can't just run away to live in some college dorm off of a scholarship next year. So basically my options are that if I tell CPS, Faith has to live on the streets (unless CPS finds somewhere to locate her), and the baby may not even be helped so the baby could still be living there, but with only the 13 year old there to care for her. Part of me is saying this is none of your business don't get involved, it could cause stress to my own family and what if it's all lies and they're fine? I've only been in her house once for a short time and I haven't met any of the adults other than her mom. I'm also still unsure if I completely trust Faith. Though another part of me can't sit still thinking that children might be getting abused, I'm the only one who knows, and I am doing nothing about it. I don't know enough about CPS and that process to know what would happen to the baby/kids or the adults if I reported it and CPS actually took action (I doubt they would). However maybe it's not my place to make the call of what is right and wrong. Maybe the whole situation is just as simple as the fact that it's my duty as a citizen to report abuse. If anyone has anything to say about the situation please do, I'm so confused and stressed.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
@Bork Don't panic. It's going to be okay. This is a really crappy situation to have to deal with in high school, and no one is well equipped to do so in high school.
But the key issue here isn't that you're doing nothing about it. The key issue is that you're the only one who knows.
Sit down with your parents, or another adult that you trust, and lay out the situation to them as best you can. Tell them the whole everything. Work with them. Know that this isn't their first rodeo, and they can help, but only if you let them.
I can tell you from experience that the worst thing you can do is keep this pent up inside. It's going to be okay.

Last edited:

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I agree with Jimothy. I've also been in the situation where a good friend of mine was living with abuse (emotional in this case) and I felt obligated to do something to help. In fact, I even went as far as to draft a strongly-worded letter to the abusive parent in question, threatening to involve CPS. I showed the draft to my friend, but we decided it would hurt more than help, in this particular case. Even so, simply being there for my friend as someone they could vent to whenever they needed support was enough to get them through the worst of it.

In this case, though, I suspect that the passive approach may not be the best. Getting other adults involved might be the best option. Mostly, I'm concerned for the baby having to grow up in that environment, if it's as bad as she says it is. CPS should have grounds to act if the baby really does have bruising, like she said.

However, remember that it's not your responsibility to fix the situation. That's not to say that trying to help isn't the right thing to do; if it were me, I'd feel just as obligated to help as you do. But there's only so much you can do. My advice is to be emotionally available to your friend as much as you reasonably can, without letting it destroy your own emotional health, and to talk with a trusted counselor or someone else with authority whom you can confide in and explain the situation as best you can. I would try to keep your friend anonymous in that situation, unless the adult decides it's necessary to take action.

I'll pray for you and your friend. Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope y'all's situation improves.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
It's nice to hear from you again, @Bork ! I've sent you a private message.

Bork

BARK BORK HECK
Umbration

Essence
@Jimothy @Avidro Thanks so much for the advice and the prayers. I'm a little more calm about the whole situation now and I think I'm going to tell an adult I trust once I have time to see them. I appreciate you guys!