Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm back home, finally. That was a really weird sudden evacuation. The hurricane went from "not really a huge concern" to very threatening overnight Mon-Tues, and I knew from previous experience that waiting too long to evacuate can result in traffic gridlock where you can't get out, so we made the decision to pack up and drive ASAP.

We really wanted to get out because my disability means that I require electricity and an undamaged place to stay slightly more than most people... but it was a 5.5 hour drive to our safe place, so after it was clear that the hurricane wasn't going to hit us, we decided to hang around for several days before driving back. I hadn't really prepped for any kind of vacation, though so it was hard for me to relax, and everything was just--really weird, like I said.

On the bright side, I acquired the taste for instant coffee, and I helped my grandma with some electronics issues she was having.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Definitely better safe than sorry, you know you'd regret it if you had waited and the hurricane stayed a threat.

On the bright side, I acquired the taste for instant coffee
Ooh, did you ever try that dalgona coffee that was a big craze when the quarantine first hit?

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Ooh, did you ever try that dalgona coffee that was a big craze when the quarantine first hit?
Coffee is bitter. People like coffee because the feeling associated with drinking it.... or lots of sugar. The trick to enjoying water is by associating the feeling of hydration with drinking water. Whenever your skin feels dry, drink water. Whenever you have a headache, drink water. Whenever you feel dizzy, drink water. Every time you drink water, tell yourself "This will make me feel better." This is how I have come to love water. Obviously there are exceptions to when you should/shouldn't drink water.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
No, what's that?

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Coffee is bitter. People like coffee because the feeling associated with drinking it.... or lots of sugar. The trick to enjoying water is by associating the feeling of hydration with drinking water. Whenever your skin feels dry, drink water. Whenever you have a headache, drink water. Whenever you feel dizzy, drink water. Every time you drink water, tell yourself "This will make me feel better." This is how I have come to love water. Obviously there are exceptions to when you should/shouldn't drink water.
I just enjoy coffee .<. Taste and all .<.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I just enjoy coffee .<. Taste and all .<.
you enjoy the bitter taste? you trained yourself/were trained into liking it.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
No, what's that?
You basically mix 1 part instant coffee and 1 part boiling hot water with an electric beater, or maybe a whisk. (Just don't try to hand beat it with a fork like I did the first time... took 30 or so minutes.) You get this sort of coffee meringue thing going on. Slap a big ol' dollop of it onto a glass of milk. It's pretty nice!

Coffee is bitter. People like coffee because the feeling associated with drinking it.... or lots of sugar.
I mean, some people like bitter things. I like cranberries and dark chocolate for instance. Obviously I prefer a bit of sugar to balance it out but I can still enjoy espresso or black coffee... and I can't do something as extreme as like baker's chocolate haha, but a nice 80-85% dark chocolate is quite decadent in my opinion.

And if I'm going to be quite frank, I like to drink coffee 'cause it makes me poop. And I much prefer it to something like yogurt. :amberapproves:

I do need to drink more water... I try to make myself drink it more but I can only tolerate so much. For what it's worth I stopped drinking coffee as frequently once quarantine started. But I still don't drink that much water.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I finally sat down and started watching Haikyuu!! this week and I am hooked, just finished season 3. I really love the uh... "camera work" of the show, or whatever you would call it since it's animated. 😂
I clap in real life when they score a point.

I am the embodiment of that one vine

EstherTb

Best FireBender
Umbration

Duality
And if I'm going to be quite frank, I like to drink coffee 'cause it makes me poop. And I much prefer it to something like yogurt. :amberapproves:

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I like the rain. My favorite weather is just above freezing drizzle with heavy cloud cover and strong wind. What about you guys?

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I hate the rain. It's just annoying.
I like my skies clear and full of stars.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I hate the rain. It's just annoying.
I like my skies clear and full of stars.
I live outside of Los Angeles. What stars? :internalstruggle:

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I live in the UK. There's something behind the clouds?
I used to live out in the country in the hill country (Texas).... Individual stars? I could see the galaxy. Well, half of the galaxy (approximately, depending what time of the year it was)

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

Saw this video in my YouTube recommended and, for a solid moment of not looking properly, thought David Tennant was @Avidro