Sticky The Banter Thread

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to calculate all of the variables because I have some medical reasons why I need to drink more water, too. So my chosen tactic was CHUG AND FIND OUT

Actually, today on pace for 4 bottles I'm feeling pretty good. So that might be the sweet spot.
I tried that with cider and ended up being sick on a cow. Sorry cow.

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
I got this really stupid question on the summer gym online instruction that asked me to explain different foot shapes and how to select shoes for them. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. I submitted the following:

Feet can come in many shapes. Some can be narrow. Some can be wide. Some can be big. Some can be small. Some people have one foot. Some people have two feet. Some people have red feet. Some people have blue feet. When purchasing shoes for any foot shape, one must consider the shape of their foot and compare it to that of the shoe. If they are similarly shaped, it is likely that the shoe is the correct shape and will fit the foot nicely. One should still try on the shoe first, though, and if the shoe fits, wear it. That's simply how these things work.

Don't worry, nobody actually reads the answers. I hope.
I'm kinda pondering over this about why they would ask and what kind of answer they want
What ever is "summer gym online instruction"? Are you just joining a gym... applying for a job??

Like ok yeah... wide, narrow, there's also wide toe box without being a wide foot...
High arch, flat feet... then???

But because it's a gym I wonder if they actually meant like shoe shapes/types... like for running shoes it depends on what part of your sole strikes the ground first when you're running
Ngl I don't really know anything about athletic specific shoes besides those cause Skechers only barely started selling pickleball and basketball shoes and I'm just not familiar with them

~ramblings of someone who has worked in a shoe store for too long~

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I'm kinda pondering over this about why they would ask and what kind of answer they want
What ever is "summer gym online instruction"? Are you just joining a gym... applying for a job??
it's like summer school but just for a physical education credit. I didn't flunk gym, I just wanted to free up space for another elective on next year's schedule.

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Random number: *calls me*
Me: Hello?
Random number: (In no Spanish-speaking accent I recognize) Hello, do you speak Spanish?
Me: Uh, no
Random number: Goodbye *hangs up*

:eveywtf:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Oops just impulse purchased a better microphone for streaming purposes :gotchawest:

While being away I made 2 drawings which would qualify as High Effort Art but I can't post them because 1 was a gift for someone and is a bit too personal to post it publicly and the other one for spoiler reasons.

Small Pox

I am small
Random number: *calls me*
Me: Hello?
Random number: (In no Spanish-speaking accent I recognize) Hello, do you speak Spanish?
Me: Uh, no
Random number: Goodbye *hangs up*

:eveywtf:
The moral of the story is: Never answer the phone if it's a number you don't recognize. If it's something actually important, they'll leave a message.

(Also, check your messages. Don't be like me and let them pile up for an entire week!)

Small Pox

I am small
You want to know my favorite youtube channel that isn't Esther's or mine?

Yes you do.

It's Cowboy Kent Rollins. He's a cowboy-chef from Oklahoma who cooks out of an actual chuck wagon. Everything he makes looks delicious and every video he uploads is just packed full of charm.
Have you ever seen Ordinary Sausage? He makes sausages out of foods suggested by his fans. Some are... less edible than others. But he's always willing to try them (for SCIENCE!).

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
The moral of the story is: Never answer the phone if it's a number you don't recognize. If it's something actually important, they'll leave a message.

(Also, check your messages. Don't be like me and let them pile up for an entire week!)
Okay see, this is how I do it too.
My ex-bf got a little annoyed that I wouldn't answer random calls and I said, if it's actually important, they'll leave a message and I'll listen to that. Then he said HE NEVER LEAVES MESSAGES? He just answers calls and expects that others will too?
Unfathomable

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Have you ever seen Ordinary Sausage? He makes sausages out of foods suggested by his fans. Some are... less edible than others. But he's always willing to try them (for SCIENCE!).
I have indeed! Been watching since 2020!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
The moral of the story is: Never answer the phone if it's a number you don't recognize.
I deal with a lot of medical phone calls, and they never like leaving messages with any specifics; I always have to call them back :judgegina: I'd usually rather just answer it the first time.

TheJLT

The
Umbration

Cognizance
Okay see, this is how I do it too.
My ex-bf got a little annoyed that I wouldn't answer random calls and I said, if it's actually important, they'll leave a message and I'll listen to that. Then he said HE NEVER LEAVES MESSAGES? He just answers calls and expects that others will too?
Unfathomable
I never answer the phone. I also never listen to messages. If you want to get into contact with me, try discord, steam, or text messages. Those are the only methods that occasionally work besides showing up at my house and breaking in while I'm home.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I finally got my butt in gear to get a new power wheelchair (current one is 6 years old which is a bit on the old side), and I just got an appointment at a wheelchair clinic scheduled for next month :funfact:
My appointment is today at 2, but it's unknown whether the clinic is open (due to power outages from Beryl) :normanheadscratch: The website seems to indicate they're open, but when I call, I get sent to some guy's voicemail...

Small Pox

I am small
My appointment is today at 2, but it's unknown whether the clinic is open (due to power outages from Beryl) :normanheadscratch: The website seems to indicate they're open, but when I call, I get sent to some guy's voicemail...
Eek! You have a power chair. What happens if the batteries drain and your power is out and can't recharge it? Do you have a non-electric chair you can use as a backup?

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Eek! You have a power chair. What happens if the batteries drain and your power is out and can't recharge it? Do you have a non-electric chair you can use as a backup?
Ah yeah, good question!
Because I'm a medically complex individual, we have a generator at our house that runs on gas so that I can charge up important medical equipment. And if that wasn't available, yes, I do have a manual wheelchair :amberapproves: I just can't push it on my own, so I'm at the mercy of others to push me around, lol

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Ah yeah, good question!
Because I'm a medically complex individual, we have a generator at our house that runs on gas so that I can charge up important medical equipment. And if that wasn't available, yes, I do have a manual wheelchair :amberapproves: I just can't push it on my own, so I'm at the mercy of others to push me around, lol
Also, it should be noted that my chair's batteries last over a week with light use, which is how I normally use it (since I'm a homebody gremlin who is unfamiliar with the sun)

Small Pox

I am small
[Made a joke here but then I realized you've probably heard it eight million times already, so I deleted it. Sorry about that.]

Last edited: