Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
On the 22nd, after my final theater performance of the year, I am going to stock up my courage and ask someone out. I don’t exactly have a great track record of success with asking out girls after theatrical productions (I did it one other time and it ended very badly) but it’s worth a shot since this time it’s someone I only know through theater and probably won’t see ever again if things go wrong. Mostly putting it here so I can’t chicken out, because I couldn’t bear to disappoint all my internet friends
Good luck! Don't be discouraged even if it's a no!

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Good luck! Don't be discouraged even if it's a no!
This is way better advice than just remembering and sharing all the times you embarrassed yourself (I was hoping the context that DESPITE the fact I'd so thoroughly embarrassed myself on multiple occasions I did eventually manage a nearly 22 years and counting relationship would be some solace/cause for optimism :) )

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I've never asked a girl out so I don't have any solid advice, but one time a stranger named @Avidro messaged me something about Homestuck and then I later married him

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I've never asked a girl out so I don't have any solid advice, but one time a stranger named @Avidro messaged me something about Homestuck and then I later married him
Somehow I don’t think homestuck will be my relationship starter

(or anyone else’s ever again)

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
A nerd named @Oegyein messaged me about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and now we're getting married

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Oh, well if you want successful relationship starters, when I was at university in the first year back in 2002 I got drunk and fell asleep standing up with my forehead resting on my front door because I couldn't get the key in the lock. My neighbour found me, let me in and tucked me up in bed and she is currently sitting at our dining table eating the breakfast I made for her :) ❤

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
On the 22nd, after my final theater performance of the year, I am going to stock up my courage and ask someone out. I don’t exactly have a great track record of success with asking out girls after theatrical productions (I did it one other time and it ended very badly) but it’s worth a shot since this time it’s someone I only know through theater and probably won’t see ever again if things go wrong. Mostly putting it here so I can’t chicken out, because I couldn’t bear to disappoint all my internet friends
How'd it go, chief?

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
How'd it go, chief?
uhhh I don't know why I put the 22nd the show is the 26th lol
so, a few more days, actually. sorry about that.

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
uhhh I don't know why I put the 22nd the show is the 26th lol
so, a few more days, actually. sorry about that.
Riiiight right. Suuuuureee

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Riiiight right. Suuuuureee
I HAVEN'T CHICKENED OUT I SWEAR

i've actually been procrastinating on a lot of fairly important things in regards to asking the question (e.g. actually thinking of a date, making sure the girl is actually single, etc.) but I'm doing it all now so it'll be fine

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
I HAVEN'T CHICKENED OUT I SWEAR

i've actually been procrastinating on a lot of fairly important things in regards to asking the question (e.g. actually thinking of a date, making sure the girl is actually single, etc.) but I'm doing it all now so it'll be fine
Don't overthink it, tell her earnestly how you feel and then work out the rest of it based on the response would be my advice.

chaosenjoyer

well, well, well
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Recent developments have changed the plan. Long story short... I'm doing it tonight. Wish me luck...

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Recent developments have changed the plan. Long story short... I'm doing it tonight. Wish me luck...
Remember!

Straighten your back,
roll your shoulders back,
puff out your chest a bit,
maintain eye contact,
firm handshake,
tell her why you're the best candidate for the job,
and ask where you'd be working if she hires you, as this recontextualizes you from "potential hire" to "hired" on a psychological level.

Good luck!

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Remember!

Straighten your back,
roll your shoulders back,
puff out your chest a bit,
maintain eye contact,
firm handshake,
tell her why you're the best candidate for the job,
and ask where you'd be working if she hires you, as this recontextualizes you from "potential hire" to "hired" on a psychological level.

Good luck!
Your biggest weakness is that you care too much and work too hard ;-)