Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm an American, but I'm kind of a fan of calling American football "handegg"

Marken

7 trains of thought all whirling around at once
ah, yes, the glorious american sport of handegg, started each fall, to honor the birds that leave us each year.

Avidro

🎼 HELLO MY GRIME-TIME GAAALLL 🎶
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
"Fewtbawl"? "Handegg"? Y'all're talkin' about fubbaw, ain'tcha? 🤨

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
"Fewtbawl"? "Handegg"? Y'all're talkin' about fubbaw, ain'tcha? 🤨
It started as football as most of the planet knows it, then US/Canada's attempt at a game with the same name but less foot to ball contact he he.

Is Fubbaw when the "they took our job's" guys from South Park attend the game?

I attempted to understand what this is and searched it...I only got something called FUBAR
I like that acronym and use it from time to time.

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Is Fubbaw when the "they took our job's" guys from South Park attend the game?
It's the polite way to refer to the sport when foreigners are present, so they don't confuse it with soccer.

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
So I have to ask. Is offence batting in baseball? It probably sounds like a dumb question but in cricket you score on defence which is throwing me off a bit.
Yup, offense is when you're batting and scoring runs, and defense is when you're pitching (hopefully well enough that the other team doesn't score) and fielding!

BleepBloopBeep

Umbration

Cognizance
Yup, offense is when you're batting and scoring runs, and defense is when you're pitching (hopefully well enough that the other team doesn't score) and fielding!
I thought so but my reasoning was when you're pitching you Defend the bases, as opposed to batting, where the objective is to capture/progress through them. Meanwhile in cricket the batters Defend the stump, so in Test Cricket (the long one) run rate matters less, in fact the longer you protect the stumps the more tired bowlers get. That leads to slower bowls and more opportunities to hit a six or a four.

The reason I contrast it with cricket so much is because its the most relevant major sport relative to baseball over here.

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

BleepBloopBeep

Umbration

Cognizance
The whole Astros electronic sign stealing fiasco is making drawing all this baseball stuff not as fun 😭 💔
This really is a convoluted way of cheating, if it really is cheating. I mean ALL the players know where cameras are, and they don't implement 3-4 different types of signals for pitches on the off chance somebody picks up on them.

BleepBloopBeep

Umbration

Cognizance
So with F1 postponed, the football postponed and just about all other sports postponed for the immediate future, I thought I could bring you some COVID free sporting events that are totally sports and strangely addictive to watch courtesy of a youtube channel.

Zules

☕☕🤹‍♀️☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I finally watched Marble League last night and I'm super into it