Regional Differences

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I've never heard the term "crane fly"... I call those "mosquito eaters," and I just asked @Avidro and he calls them "mosquito hawks."
I actually call them mosquito eaters too, I'm just familiar with both names, same way I know pillbug = roly poly.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I actually call them mosquito eaters too, I'm just familiar with both names, same way I know pillbug = roly poly.
I used to call them mayflies before I knew what mayflies were...... that is because my older sister once called them mayflies when it was night time and I was wondering what all those bugs that look like mosquito wasps were.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
A cold front came in, and the temperature dropped down to 51f/10.5c. :dejectedamber:
I had to turn the heater on.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
A cold front came in, and the temperature dropped down to 51f/10.5c. :dejectedamber:
I had to turn the heater on.
  • Reads this statement
  • *Looks at temp probe* ah 9.6°C.
  • long-sleeve T-shirt weather (sleeves rolled up if in toasty direct sunlight).
  • Laughs at your inability to deal with cold.
  • Looks at the date.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
  • Reads this statement
  • *Looks at temp probe* ah 9.6°C.
  • long-sleeve T-shirt weather (sleeves rolled up if in toasty direct sunlight).
  • Laughs at your inability to deal with cold.
  • Looks at the date.
I know it's hard to believe, but it's going to get colder. Down to 30f/-1c :cry:

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Meanwhile I've been over here melting all week at like ~93F/34C

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
I know it's hard to believe, but it's going to get colder. Down to 30f/-1c :cry:
That's like a month and a half of my life each year, temperatures hovering around 0°C, with nights significantly cooler still. I once had frost develop in my hair whilst cycling during winter.

Yeah I'll stick to 10°C thanks its comfortable. 10-15°C is my happy zone.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality

EstherTb

Best FireBender
Umbration

Duality
That sounds like heaven right about now...cold front just blew in... I walked outside in my shorts and tank top. I didn't stay out long. Its 53f/12c out there!