Regional Differences

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
It's kind of like those fun u's y'all like to sprinkle inside certain words; the American eye just sort of glosses over them as a humorous quirk.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
It's kind of like those fun u's y'all like to sprinkle inside certain words; the American eye just sort of glosses over them as a humorous quirk.
It's probably an issue that comes from universal spelling and education not being common until relatively recently. It wasn't until the late 1500's and even then they were 'selective', if we couple that with examples of words commonly written down in things such as property records of deceased persons then we see words written without knowledge of Mulcaster's rules. For instance we see the word Bedstead written in most inventories but in multiple different ways: bedstid, bedstead, bedsteed, bedsteede, beddsteede. "Sted" with a single "e" is never found, which suggests people wrote as they spoke. That is my guess as to where the split came from anyway. I could go on but I think I would bore everyone to death.

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
It's probably an issue that comes from universal spelling and education not being common until relatively recently. It wasn't until the late 1500's and even then they were 'selective', if we couple that with examples of words commonly written down in things such as property records of deceased persons then we see words written without knowledge of Mulcaster's rules. For instance we see the word Bedstead written in most inventories but in multiple different ways: bedstid, bedstead, bedsteed, bedsteede, beddsteede. "Sted" with a single "e" is never found, which suggests people wrote as they spoke. That is my guess as to where the split came from anyway. I could go on but I think I would bore everyone to death.
Gotta be honest, I really wish it was spelled "beddsteede" now
Thank ye kindly for that English history lesson though - very interesting stuff! :amber:

Reactions: Rue

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Reactions: Rue

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
The southern is strong with @EstherTb
I’d say moderate
If Esther's accent is applied with a shovel yours would be applied with a JCB @The Summoned.

Gotta say Bleep, I never imagined you were Rick Astley incognito
I really wish I knew how many I caught with that, and can't believe @Marken didn't think to do it & beat me to it.
People just clicked whatever was presented. It was the perfect opportunity.

I hate myself, but I can't help it.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance

Marken

keeper of the likes
Umbration

Radiance
i didn't click on it until i saw the summoned getting all upset about it, and i thought "wait, is this what i think it is?" before i clicked on it

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
It's currently 51 f/10.5 c degrees outside. :thisisntright: It's cold.