Procrastination Station

Best Character

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I drew a picture of Val as an Irish monster, and now I want to draw the entire Cresnov population as monsters to keep in the October theme, except that would just be me Procrastinating on study ;-;

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I drew a picture of Val as an Irish monster, and now I want to draw the entire Cresnov population as monsters to keep in the October theme, except that would just be me Procrastinating on study ;-;
Not that I would mind! If you really insist on doing it, try doing like 30 minutes of studying and use the drawing as a break!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
So I have this terrible habit going on right now... Whenever someone talks to me (which is often, since I work at home and live with multiple people), I stop working to talk to them, but then my brain tells me that afterwards it's a good opportunity to check Cresnov, Disqus, Twitter, Webtoon, Cresnov again, Disqus again--for some reason everything again and again in a weird compulsive cycle--burning a good 10 minutes or more.

Trying to think of good ways to eliminate this awful habit loop 🤔

Reactions: Rue

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
So I have this terrible habit going on right now... Whenever someone talks to me (which is often, since I work at home and live with multiple people), I stop working to talk to them, but then my brain tells me that afterwards it's a good opportunity to check Cresnov, Disqus, Twitter, Webtoon, Cresnov again, Disqus again--for some reason everything again and again in a weird compulsive cycle--burning a good 10 minutes or more.

Trying to think of good ways to eliminate this awful habit loop 🤔
Turn off the Interwebnets™️ on your device(s) if it's non-essential to what your doing.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Turn off the Interwebnets™️ on your device(s) if it's non-essential to what your doing.
I use the internet basically the whole time I'm working (to stream music, to use my favorite time tracker/timer, and to sometimes search for reference images or check my scripts, stuff like that)

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Might I recommend BlockSite on the Chrome store? I used during studies to block distracting websites, like youtube, flash games, heck even Cresnov! (I literally couldn't get off the site without help XD) The application allows you to block certain sites, keep others, and even offers the option of placing images to turn your attention back to the work! (E.g. sad puppies, monkeys, angry old ladies to remind yourself of your fifth grade teacher who caught you sketching in class, cockroaches), and if you're feeling really cynical toward yourself, you can have the app redirect your page back to your work, like a subtly sarcastic reverse uno card!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Might I recommend BlockSite on the Chrome store? I used during studies to block distracting websites, like youtube, flash games, heck even Cresnov! (I literally couldn't get off the site without help XD) The application allows you to block certain sites, keep others, and even offers the option of placing images to turn your attention back to the work! (E.g. sad puppies, monkeys, angry old ladies to remind yourself of your fifth grade teacher who caught you sketching in class, cockroaches), and if you're feeling really cynical toward yourself, you can have the app redirect your page back to your work, like a subtly sarcastic reverse uno card!
I'd maybe try a FIREFOX equivalent, except agreeing to the permissions for those types of add-ons makes me feel like I'm signing away the internet history of my entire family line for the next 800 years

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Yeah, I get the same feeling when samsung applications ask me for storage permissions XD though, at least they ask for permission, unlike apple which does it automatically.

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
Maybe give yourself a designated time where you can stop and check everything, so you don't feel like you have to do it when you get interrupted? 🤔

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Maybe give yourself a designated time where you can stop and check everything, so you don't feel like you have to do it when you get interrupted? 🤔
That's a good idea, but also, the instant gratification sector of my brain is like "nah"

Itunes Helper

Umbration

Cosmos
I am watching youtube videos and manga instead of scratch-building a styrene model

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Research project due this friday... Instead I'm wallowing in illness and reading webtoons.

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
My flag is firmly planted here for the next hour or so. In the words of Evanescence

"SAVE MEEEEE"

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
It's 1 AM and I'm struggling on finishing this essay due tomorrow. It's almost done, but not quite there yet. Another paragraph should do.