Post an Emoji, Share a Fact

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
(I'm really into emoji games now that the forum supports uniform emojis hahahaha)

Post an emoji, and the user below will share a personal fact or opinion related to that emoji, no matter how tangential! Of course, don't feel pressured to share anything that will personally identify you or make you feel uncomfortable! And, please, keep facts and opinions in line with the forum rules.

Don't forget to leave an emoji for the next person!

If you don't know what a certain emoji is, feel free to look it up on emojipedia.

Here we go:
🧩

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
ooh 🧩 puzzles

Well my wife is currently doing a 2000 piece one I bought her using money I got from selling one of my old text books. She love puzzles but this one is too big for the table she usually does them on.

Now I leave one right?
📫

Val

Random pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
My physical mail address has changed 9 times during the last 10 years. Some things probably still only have the address I had 10 years back, which is on the other side of France from where I am now.

🎮

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
That particular controller emoji reminds me of the original Xbox controller... you know, back when it was all-caps XBOX, with the sickly green and edgelord black color scheme, and the controllers were large enough to kill a man if used as a blunt instrument? I mean, that emoji isn't even that large; that's just the first thing that popped into my head.

📿

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
Oh boy. Prayer beads. Never actually used prayer beads but if we related that back to religion. I was almost a minister for the united church but due to certain events I did not end up becoming one. Needless to say my life has changed a lot since then. As it stands now I have a sincere and complete hatred for all Christian and Islam organisations but that's a topic for another time and place.

☔

Itunes Helper

Umbration

Cosmos
The Mackintosh used to be a late 19th century raincoat

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I can't skateboard at all. Never actually even tried. On the other hand I am an extremely good inline skater and a decent snowboarder.

🧲

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I've actually seen the crown jewels in the tower of London. That was over 10 years ago and actually probably isn't as big of a deal as I feel it is.

🕷

Val

Random pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Around 10 years ago...

It was around 2 or 3 in the morning. I woke up in the middle of the night for an unknown reason. I was slowly falling back asleep, when I heard a small, weird 'splat' noise. My brain instantly went 'what tf was that'. I turned on the lamp on my nightstand. I didn't see anything at first, so I got out of the bed to take a good look around.
There was a space of around 80 centimeters between the head of my bed and the wardrobe. And in that space, on the ground, there was a spider. A big one. Like, big as my fist at the time.
Then it started to move a bit.
Let me tell you, when it's 3 am, you're barely awake, and you find a big freaking spider that landed on the ground just a few centimeters off the head of your bed, you freak out.
I did.
Using the biggest solid thing I could find (I don't remember what it was), I killed it. A lot. Like, I spent maybe 5 minutes smashing and grinding the damn thing against the ground, making sure it was dead dead.
I don't know how I managed to find sleep again that night.

🎪

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I was heartbroken once. I'm still friends with the person who did it, though, so that's nice! :yayaya:

Being heartbroken sucks, though. Like, I literally had heart pains for well over a year afterward. Went to see a heart doctor and everything; no physical cause they could see. Cleared up a while after I started dating Zules.

🎃

EstherTb

Official Leader of the "Cult"
Umbration

Duality
I love pumpkins!!! Though one time I was trying to carve one it ended up mush. Forgot to take the seeds out

💢

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
One time, I couldn't sleep all night for some reason or other, so I ended up going outside to my front lawn shortly before dawn, when all the stars were still out, and just laid out on the grass to admire the universe. I did, in fact, end up seeing a shooting star, and I made a wish on it. That wish eventually came true, although not in the way I imagined. Life's funny like that.

Actually, I ended up writing a sappy, angsty poem about that whole experience later, since the wish was deeply connected to the heartbreak I mentioned earlier. Probably shouldn't share it, though. Too personal.

🔗

EstherTb

Official Leader of the "Cult"
Umbration

Duality
Squints and looks again Is that a link emoji?

One time I sent the link of my unlisted playlist on YouTube to my brother. I immediately regretted it because he enjoyed it and all those songs were like guilty pleasures.

⛈