Plant the Plantsssss

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Hey there! Do you like the little green things that come up out of the ground? Do you garden? Do you aspire to garden? Do you try to grow plants and fail at every turn?

Here's the thread to show us what's going on in your little plant world! Show us photos! Give us updates!

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I'm growing tomatoes, parsley, squash, and marigolds this year! I am sprouting from seeds every one of those .... Second year of being a gardener. Started my seeds for the parsley and tomatoes on Sunday. And yesterday got one of my little seeds to sprout! So happy.

What I'm sprouting now:
-6 cherry tomatoes
-4 Roma tomatoes
-9 parsley seeds (3 in each container)

Day 5 since sprouting: one cherry tomato has sprouted
IMG_20240201_122907259_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240201_122902982_HDR.jpg

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Oh, and I should mention, a fox ripped up our pond lining so now we just have an empty hole that we need to fix :-(

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Oh, and let me know if you want close-ups of any bits, I only showed the long shots cos I wanted to show the progression since we moved in in August 2015.

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Oh, and let me know if you want close-ups of any bits, I only showed the long shots cos I wanted to show the progression since we moved in in August 2015.
Yes. We do. Show us!

Also
More frens sprouting!

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity

I love the winter jasmine. It gives nice yellow flowers when the rest of the garden is dormant and then sits their all tall and green whilst everything flowers around it.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity

We put the trellis in to hide the bins and grew clematis and everlasting pea all over it. It provides the birds good cover and gets a lot of insects too when they flower. We deliberately chose 3 different clematis that flower at different times of year to get more flowers on it for longer.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity

The salvia (hot lips) is the opposite, it flowers to the longest by far and slowly changes from red to white as the year heats up.