Pet Pics ♥ (+Selfies)

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Would you rather be a Spartan at Thermopylae, or a Texan at the Alamo?
I've BEEN a Texan at the Alamo! Multiple times!

hEY LOOK IT'S MEEEEEE!

I was all like "Play it cool wouldn't want them to think we're not from Texas" *me being from Texas* "Here's your cowboy hat and boots, you gotta get in disguise they don't let non-Texans in the Alamo!"

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Awesome bees! What's the deal with the one with the green back? Is that the queen?

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Awesome bees! What's the deal with the one with the green back? Is that the queen?
That's actually a fact I learned yesterday!
Since queen bees have pretty short lifespans (~3 years), beekeepers will put a color dot on the back of a newly hatched queen, changing color every year following a repeating pattern of white (years ending in 1/6), yellow (2/7), red (3/8), green (4/9), and blue (5/0).
This allows beekeepers to know roughly how long a queen bee will live if she comes from another hive.
This one is green, meaning it was born this year!

Doc Seibel

Lover of Great Stories and Terrible Jokes
Umbration

Essence
That's actually a fact I learned yesterday!
Since queen bees have pretty short lifespans (~3 years), beekeepers will put a color dot on the back of a newly hatched queen, changing color every year following a repeating pattern of white (years ending in 1/6), yellow (2/7), red (3/8), green (4/9), and blue (5/0).
This allows beekeepers to know roughly how long a queen bee will live if she comes from another hive.
This one is green, meaning it was born this year!
What @Val said.