Pantsvulnerum

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I realize that the dialogue in my comic is a little lacking, so I'm turning to you, the readers, to help me spice it up with the one word that adds excitement to any situation: PANTS

Yes, PANTS !!!

!!

HERE'S OUR NEW MISSION, FORUMERS...

Starting from page 1 and going in order, let's ADD THE WORD "PANTS" TO EVERY SPEECH BUBBLE IN THE COMIC. This will probably most often be done by replacing an existing word(s).

Future generations will thank us, especially the hipsters, who look at all of their friends wearing Exvulnerum swag and writing Exvulnerum fanfics and say, "Pssh, I don't read that mainstream garbage. I read PANTSVULNERUM."

But it's up to us to make it a reality.

Here are the rules:

1. You can only pantsify one page at a time. After that, let someone else have a turn before you pantsify again.

2. For our purposes here, we'll define a speech bubble as "any non-rectangular solid-colored area enclosed with a border that has text or punctuation inside." (The non-rectangular bit is to exclude captions, which obviously wear dresses and don't need pants.)

3. Some speech bubbles connect to each other; they all count as a single bubble and therefore only need one pair of pants.

4. You CAN add more than one "pants" to a speech bubble if you deem it necessary.

5. You CAN change around the dialogue to make your "pants" insertion make more sense, but try not to abuse this privilege.

6. You CAN use the word pants as a verb: Pantsed, v., "The past tense and past participle of the verb meaning to pull down someone's trousers, revealing underwear or other undergarments."

7. If someone pantsifies a page incorrectly (forgetting a speech bubble, using the word "plants" instead of "pants," etc) their error MUST be corrected before we can move on to a new page. You may either correct it yourself or advise them to.

8. If a page has NO valid speech bubbles, you must instead insert this picture of Evey somewhere on the page:
You MAY cut off part of this image to make it fit better. OR you can re-draw Evey completely and have him say something else pants-related; any quality of art is accepted as long as you put some effort in (Re-drawing will earn you 10X PANTS POINTS!!!)​

Here are extra rules that you don't have to read, but are ultra important because they govern the economy of the envied PANTS POINTS.
9. Each valid page you post nets you 1 PANTS POINT times the PAGE NUMBER (found in its URL or filename) TIMES the number of speech bubbles (max 1 speech bubble on an Evey-insert page from rule #8). You're responsible for keeping track of your own PANTS POINTS.

10. If you spend time pantsifying a page only to come back and see someone has beaten you to the punch, it's okay! Post it anyway, and you'll BOTH earn a 2X PANTS POINTS MULTIPLIER. (Sadly, a third attempt earns no PANTS POINTS at all). THIS MULTIPLIER IS ONLY ABLE TO BE CLAIMED AS LONG AS THE THREAD HASN'T MOVED ON TO A NEW PAGE.

11. Using the COMIC SANS font in your pantsifications earns you 2X PANTS POINTS.

12. You get +100 PANTS POINTS for every "like" your MOST-LIKED pansification post receives.

13. Whoever has the most PANTS POINTS is named the "KING OF PANTS" and can brag about it but probably no one will care.

14. PANTS POINTS are reset every month. On the 1st, everyone is back to 0. (Plus their "most-liked" bonus from rule #12 which can be re-applied right away)

15. If a mistake isn't corrected in a timely manner (see rule #7), admins have the right to step in and reset EVERY PLAYER'S PANTS POINTS.

16. If Pantsvulnerum catches up to Exvulnerum, everyone who contributed a valid page gets PERMANENT PANTS POINTS (PPPs) equal to the number of pages they contributed times the current number of total Pantsvulnerum pages. These PPPs do not reset, but they will temporarily disappear if Pantsvulnerum falls more than 5 pages behind the comic, and inactive forum members don't count in the rankings.

17. If Pantsvulnerum is completely caught up to Exvulnerum and you wish to pantsify a page, you may pantsify an old page for 0.5 PANTS POINTS times the current number of Exvulnerum pages--but you must put this page inside a spoiler tag so that the Pantsvulnerum reading order is not disrupted by randomly littered old pages.

18. You may transfer your PANTS POINTS to another forum member, but PPPs are account-bound. ASKING OR BEGGING FOR PANTS POINTS IS EXTREMELY FROWNED UPON.

19. If there is a dispute over PANTS POINTS, please try to resolve it on your own. Remember, it's just a game and PANTS POINTS earn you nothing in life. But friendship and generosity do!

20. If someone wants to pantsify pages without worrying about or calculating PANTS POINTS, admire their sanity.

I've already done page 1 to get everything rolling, but I'll put it in the next post.

Last edited:

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

This earns me

1 (page number) X 1 (speech bubbles) X 2 (comic sans) = 2 PANTS POINTS

Total PP: 2

Last edited:

Avidro

Mysterious Husband
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

2 (page number) X 1 (speech bubbles) X 2 (comic sans) = 4 PANTS POINTS

Total PP: 4

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
My previous PP immediately got reset with April :(

3 (page number) X 6 (speech bubbles) X 2 (comic sans) = 36 PANTS POINTS

Total PP: 36 :2cool:

Jackal

The Dubious
Umbration

Cosmos
As great as this is, you missed two speech bubbles! :zulesohno: PLS FIX
What?! I have to put pants in every single one?! That's too much pants, man! Also, I missed 3 The thread can't take it! You're a fool with the dream of a mad man!

Avidro

Mysterious Husband
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
The ones that are connected all count as one, so you're only missing panels 2 and 4. That's not so bad, right? :chagrinedamber:

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

Does this page have 3 or 4 speech bubbles? I'm not sure whether panel 3's should count as 1 or 2. I have it on very good authority that the artist's intention was that those thought bubbles be connected in spirit, but according to the letter of the law, maybe they should be counted separately? I need consensus on this so that I can calculate my PANTS POINTS

Avidro

Mysterious Husband
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
They're obviously just one. Don't try to game your own system, zude! :eveyunimpressed:

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Alright, so

5 (page number) X 3 (speech bubbles) X 2 (comic sans) = 30 PANTS POINTS

Plus 36 previous PP...
NEW TOTAL: 66 PP!!!

Edit: oh, excellent! Another pantsifier joins! :oooooooh:

Zules

Professional 🤓 Dork