NaNoWriMo

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Anyone here doing National Novel Writing Month? It starts November 1.

Here's the website

Essentially, you must write 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days.

Here's my history:

JanNoWriMo 2007 - The Surmise 50k, won
NaNoWriMo 2007 - While Sleeping 50k, won
NaNoWriMo 2009 - Softtalker 50k, won
NaNoWriMo 2010 - Softtalker +50k, won *
NaNoWriMo 2011 - Genie +50k, won *
NaNoWriMo 2012- Genie +50k, won *
NaNoWriMo 2013- Genie +90k, won *
September "Finish Genie" Challenge (2014)- Genie +62k, won

* Some of the NaNoWriMos are asterisked because I technically cheated on them. One of the NaNoWriMo rules says, “Start from scratch. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft.” Well, 2010 was a continuation of 2009’s novel, and the 2011 one I already had 15k of it written before November started, and the years after I continued adding to Genie. But in each case, I added an additional 50,000 (or more) words in November, so I consider those wins.

Since I'm working on Exvulnerum full time, I don't think I have the time to do it this year, but boy is it tempting!!

Reactions: Rue

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
What was the big novel you were doing before Exvulnerum that you talked about on Exvulneruno de Mayo? Was that Genie?

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
Cool! What's it about?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Cool! What's it about?
It's a romance about humans with elemental powers set in a somewhat-recovered post-apocalypse.

Very long. Needs a great deal of editing.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
... can we read it? :3

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
... can we read it? :3
Someday you'll probably get to!
Until then, I have to figure out if I want to
A) really clean it up and release it as a polished story
B) do minimal edits and release it with a disclaimer of it being a first draft

Option A is probably better, but that would take a massive amount of time due to how long it is... I dunno what's gonna happen. :normanheadscratch:

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
I don't know much about narrative, but whenever I have an essay, polishing is always a mega-pain, so I try to stick to Vonnegut's "How to Write with Style", because it helps me to refine everything and get my point across.
Also, I really like Vonnegut :creepyamber:

Smiley100P

The only Ace Attorney you need
Umbration

Innervation
New year, new NaNoWriMo.
Since I'm a complete piece of trash I will proceed to write a Twelve fanfic I had the idea to write about for whatever reason or another, concerning a timeline where May was never born.

Unless there are rules against fanfiction, idk lol

Since I'll be going out for a few days and performing a theatre play three times it may prove difficult, but if I do mamage to either complete the fanfic or post enough chapters to warrant a 50k word count I'll consider it a win.

And since the fanfic is a sorta-kinda-half continuation of the series proper, being like the Dragon Ball Super to Orgins' GT,
What am i saying lol

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
UPDATE:
..I just had an even better idea (if only bc it isnt a fanfic), i'll expand on it in the near future
As for the fanfic, its possible ill still write it, just not for the nanowrimo thing

Where are the NaNoWriMo rules anyway lol

Last edited:

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
UPDATE:
..I just had an even better idea (if only bc it isnt a fanfic), i'll expand on it in the near future
As for the fanfic, its possible ill still write it, just not for the nanowrimo thing

Where are the NaNoWriMo rules anyway lol
This is the closest thing I can find to a rules page... I'm sure they had a proper page before, but I'm not sure where it went!

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
This is the closest thing I can find to a rules page... I'm sure they had a proper page before, but I'm not sure where it went!
Ah, that's great. Thank you.
...Still using my original fiction idea.
As for that, I may as well tell you what it is.
...Never mind i gtg for now lol
Clarification: I'm currently on a mobile device, I've just been called back from the library along with the rest of my marketing class.

Alright now that I have half an hour (given i am now at lunch) I will finally reveal my hours-old NaNoWriMo premise.
June, July, and August were once ordinary housecats... Until they found something they were destined to, and something that would shape the future- and the past.
June, a beautiful russian blue, was still visiting the small shrine she made of her lover, who had been euthanized in a kill shelter over a month ago, and all he did was meet her at the wrong time. But she had noticed something about the locket she stored his picture in, and she was suddenly filled with hope.
...I have nothing for July at the moment lol
August, a ragged orange tabby, didn't think his little mistakes would pile up, but suddenly he wakes up one day and he's homeless. It was hard to get by each day, at least until he finds a silver trinket marked with a spade floating in the river...
Three lives have suddenly been ripped from temporal monotny. Three lives had realized that magic was real. Three lives... would in their journeys find themselves.

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Genre: fanfiction
O h

...I'm still using my Locket Watch idea its too heccin good to pass up lol

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@Smiley100P Sounds like you've got a good plot idea there!
If I were to give you any one tip, it would be to have at least a hazy idea of the ending so that you always have an end goal in mind when you're writing. Helps to prevent you from running out of steam and hitting a huge writer's block. Plus, you can always change the ending later if you want to!

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
@Zules I appreciate the tip!!

I have also posted the novel on my new NaNoWriMo page, complete with July's part of the sypnosis.

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Soo Im thinking I should make an ask panel for my characters?? Ill draw said characters and post them on my deviantArt when I get the chance and motivation

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Soo Im thinking I should make an ask panel for my characters?? Ill draw said characters and post them on my deviantArt when I get the chance and motivation
Before NaNo starts or during it?

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Before NaNo starts or during it?
I'll start the ask segment (maybe) today and take questions during the rest of october and, on november, saturdays.
..Ok maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Locket Watch Q&A Poster Progress:
-Sketch: Complete
-Outlining: p much done
-Coloring: Basically done
-Polishing: Also done
-Submission: Ima done

Last edited:

Smiley100P

Umbration

Innervation
Alright, just a small update: I haven't written anything past "Prologue 1" (as I am merely setting up and I'll be able to update my word count the last day I'm at PERT) yet I have Two potential endings in mind, one prioritized over the other.
This is going to be fun lol