MBTI Types

Storel

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first!
Umbration

Cognizance
Either I've gotten indecisive in my old age, or this test just doesn't know what to make of me. I keep getting questions where I want to pick both answers, so I hit Skip until I get one where I can actually choose. The first time I took it, it told me three times that I was a tough case and asked me five more questions. That's 15 extra questions! And yet the results the first time looked so odd, I did the test again... and got completely different results.

Here's the first result:

42% ISFJ
23% ISTJ
8% ESFJ
6% ESFP
4% ESTJ

And here's the second:

36% ISTP
31% INTP
7% ISTJ
5% INFP
4% ISFP

Note that the first time, it gave me three results that started with E, when I don't think there's ever been a period in my life when I could be described as extroverted. That was the main reason I took it again. Also, though, the first time gave me J four times and P once, but the second time gave me P four times and J once!

I have a vague recollection of taking an MBTI test a long time ago and getting INTJ, but that didn't come up once in either test! So I have no idea what to make of all this. I think I'll try averaging out the results (without trying to weight the average with the percentages, that's too much work).

I - 7 times, E - 3 times ==> I
S - 8, N - 2 ==> S
F - 5, T - 5 ==> ?
J - 5, P - 5 ==> ?

Hmm. I guess I'm an ISxx. Whatever that means.

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Either I've gotten indecisive in my old age, or this test just doesn't know what to make of me. I keep getting questions where I want to pick both answers, so I hit Skip until I get one where I can actually choose. The first time I took it, it told me three times that I was a tough case and asked me five more questions. That's 15 extra questions! And yet the results the first time looked so odd, I did the test again... and got completely different results.

Here's the first result:

42% ISFJ
23% ISTJ
8% ESFJ
6% ESFP
4% ESTJ

And here's the second:

36% ISTP
31% INTP
7% ISTJ
5% INFP
4% ISFP

Note that the first time, it gave me three results that started with E, when I don't think there's ever been a period in my life when I could be described as extroverted. That was the main reason I took it again. Also, though, the first time gave me J four times and P once, but the second time gave me P four times and J once!

I have a vague recollection of taking an MBTI test a long time ago and getting INTJ, but that didn't come up once in either test! So I have no idea what to make of all this. I think I'll try averaging out the results (without trying to weight the average with the percentages, that's too much work).

I - 7 times, E - 3 times ==> I
S - 8, N - 2 ==> S
F - 5, T - 5 ==> ?
J - 5, P - 5 ==> ?

Hmm. I guess I'm an ISxx. Whatever that means.
Very interesting!
Do you relate to any of the theme park descriptions (second post on first page)?

Ankh_Ramses

Umbration

Cosmos
65%ENTP
8%ENTJ
6%INTP
4%ENFP
4%ESTP

this seems kinda off to me

Storel

Umbration

Cognizance
Very interesting!
Do you relate to any of the theme park descriptions (second post on first page)?
Hmm... Introverted Sensing and Introverted Feeling both had some elements of me, but neither one was perfect. Maybe I really am right in the middle of three of the four axes?

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Hmm... Introverted Sensing and Introverted Feeling both had some elements of me, but neither one was perfect. Maybe I really am right in the middle of three of the four axes?
ISTJ's functions are Si-Te-Fi-Ne (Introverted Sensing, Extraverted Thinking, Introverted Feeling, Extraverted Intuition) -- so that type is seeming likely to me.

Storel

Umbration

Cognizance
Whoops, I miswrote. Introverted Sensing and Introverted Thinking were the two that felt most me-like. My bad. And neither of the Intuition ones, Introverted or Extroverted, make sense to me. Perhaps I just have zero intuition? That could explain some things...

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Whoops, I miswrote. Introverted Sensing and Introverted Thinking were the two that felt most me-like. My bad. And neither of the Intuition ones, Introverted or Extroverted, make sense to me. Perhaps I just have zero intuition? That could explain some things...
Of your top results, ISFJ and INTP both use Introverted Sensing and Introverted Thinking in their top 3 functions. Hmm, but ISFJ has Extraverted Intuition as an inferior function, whereas INTP has it as a secondary function. So I'm thinking ISFJ matches up perfectly. And it was your highest score.

Storel

Umbration

Cognizance
Of your top results, ISFJ and INTP both use Introverted Sensing and Introverted Thinking in their top 3 functions. Hmm, but ISFJ has Extraverted Intuition as an inferior function, whereas INTP has it as a secondary function. So I'm thinking ISFJ matches up perfectly. And it was your highest score.
I'm not really following this function stuff (perhaps because I didn't read the long spoiler in the first post?), but I'll take your word for it. Now let me go look at the summary chart from the first post to see if I agree.
Interesting. On the chart, INTP seems closest to how I think of myself, but ISFJ rings more bells than I thought at first glance. Maybe INTP is what I seem like to me, but ISFJ is what I seem like to others? Does that make any sense?

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm not really following this function stuff (perhaps because I didn't read the long spoiler in the first post?), but I'll take your word for it. Now let me go look at the summary chart from the first post to see if I agree.
Interesting. On the chart, INTP seems closest to how I think of myself, but ISFJ rings more bells than I thought at first glance. Maybe INTP is what I seem like to me, but ISFJ is what I seem like to others? Does that make any sense?
That could be, yeah! You could ask people who know you well which description fits you best.

Another interesting thing I heard recently is that a type's tertiary function often shows up when they're just chilling--so, for an introvert, likely spending time alone. ISFJ's tertiary function is Ti (Introverted Thinking), which is INTP's dominant function, so the "you" you are when you're alone or by yourself may seem more like an INTP because of that.

In case it wasn't clear, ISFJs and INTPs have the same cognitive functions, just in a different order. Cognitive functions are more of a bedrock theory for MBTI than just picking between the I/E, S/N, T/F, J/P letters. It's kind of fascinating; that's why I like it. But I'm chilling and my tertiary function is Ti.

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality