Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Yeah yeah... I still don't have game play. !remind me at new year's. Sure hope I have something for you by then.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
:shinyeyes:...?

TheJLT

Or is this a memory?
Umbration

Cognizance
DO IT! *obligatory Shia Labeouf meme* YOU KNOW YOU CAN!

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Sorry for the silence. Work went to figurative hell. Yes, I worked through the holidays.

Update incoming next weekend when it has hopefully calmed down.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Sorry for the silence. Work went to figurative hell. Yes, I worked through the holidays.

Update incoming next weekend when it has hopefully calmed down.
Yay update!!! :NEOOWW:

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Alrighty people here is my delayed Christmas update. *Looks at calendar* Oh boi....

*insert excuses revolving around work and personal injury*

So I don't actually have game play yet. However have most of the rest of the features in place and can happily share the current start menu:

1642909103557.png

and the settings screen so far:

These are actually screenshots from it actually running in game. So that at least something.

As for the game play. Well I'm still working on it but it revolves around Tetris style falling triangles. Remember this game isn't going to be anything amazing. I'm just using it as a learning experience. You know unless I stumble upon an amazing game while doing it XD

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Oooh the start menu looks cool! Very distinctive and bold design!

Are you enjoying the gamemaking process so far?

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Alrighty people here is my delayed Christmas update. *Looks at calendar* Oh boi....

*insert excuses revolving around work and personal injury*

So I don't actually have game play yet. However have most of the rest of the features in place and can happily share the current start menu:

and the settings screen so far:

These are actually screenshots from it actually running in game. So that at least something.

As for the game play. Well I'm still working on it but it revolves around Tetris style falling triangles. Remember this game isn't going to be anything amazing. I'm just using it as a learning experience. You know unless I stumble upon an amazing game while doing it XD
Tee: creator of Among Us 2

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Oooh the start menu looks cool! Very distinctive and bold design!

Are you enjoying the gamemaking process so far?
Honestly have no real idea what I'm doing. Obviously due to my background I have some idea about colour palette and UX design but none of that was ever my forte. When it come to actually game part of it, I have no frame of reference for how things should work.

It's been fun so far though.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Hi @Tee how's the game going?

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
No more progress yet unfortunately. I'm in the middle of finalising a big project at work. So I've been using my free time to de-stress rather that work on the game.

I really want to finish it before April as there is a game jam I want to participate in.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
How's the gamedev coming?

Tee

Holder of dice
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
So I've geared up for the Ludum Dare.

Since I will need to make my own music and sound effects, I decided to pick up a midi keyboard (and other things).
Luckily I managed to find one second hand for a reasonable price.
Not a guarantee that I will make good music, since I have no experience but at least I am giving myself a chance (I used to play the piano about 17 year ago).

Not sure what I am going to do about the art though. Guess it is just going to have to look bad XD.

Last edited:

CptCascadia

Captain of the Star Ship Argo
Umbration

Cosmos
nice

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Yay!! We want game, we want game!!

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
So I've geared up for the Ludum Dare.

Since I will need to make my own music and sound effects, I decided to pick up a midi keyboard (and other things).
Luckily I managed to find one second hand for a reasonable price.
Not a guarantee that I will make good music, since I have no experience but at least I am giving myself a chance (I used to play the piano about 17 year ago).

Not sure what I am going to do about the art though. Guess it is just going to have to look bad XD.

*Internally screams* CABLE MANAGEMENT

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality