Learning More About Each Other Game

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
None at all. All my family members are normal.
at least the ones that still acknowledge my existence

TUBM has an interesting school story to share?

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Umbration

Duality
None at all. All my family members are normal.
at least the ones that still acknowledge my existence

TUBM has an interesting school story to share?
oh boy! Sit down in your most comfortable chair, grab a bucket of your favorite popcorn, sit back and relax, cuz this story is a REAL doozy!

So my school held an "Open day" once a year or so, in which they put all the students up on display doing classwork on a weekend to advertise the unique facets the school offered. Naturally, my art class (being made of only 7 students) wanted to make a good impression on the hordes and hordes of parents looking for a school for their young. My teacher had this great idea to paint a couple of us up like cartoon characters, in the style of some animated sitcom which was way too mature for us to have even heard of at the time.

I was one of only two boys in the class. For gender balance, the teacher wanted one boy and one girl to be walking-billboards and of course, it ended up being me since the only other guy really didn't want to. I was ok with this for the most part, save for the fact that I'm Asian and the paint didn't exactly look as it should have on my semi-Korean face. Either way, I had a rad time walking around school on a Saturday with face-paint on and lookin' like a romantic-era horror novel monster.

But at some point, I bumped into a little kid. She couldn't have been any older than maybe 8. She points at my face and says with a smile: "You're ugly!"

... ow.

The end of the day comes and I go back to the classroom to get my paint wiped off, and guess who of all people is sitting in a chair getting a butterfly painted onto her right cheek? The same little girl. I get the paint wiped off and the girl sees me and recognizes me. She points at me and says "You STILL look ugly!" And runs off.

I WISH that was the last time I saw the kid.

Months later I was selling chocolate chip cookies on the playground for an assignment; $1 a pop. Now my school was one of those combined elementary and high-school places, and guess which lil rosie-cheeked brat walks up to my cookie stand.

She sees my sign saying "$1", and places 70 cents on the table top and asks for a cookie. My immediate thought is to say "No!" But then I remembered I'm supposed to be a role model to younger students (or something) and say "Yeah, sure."

I break off 70% of a cookie and give it to her in exchange of her 70% of a dollar, to which she turns around as she's leaving and says "You're still ugly!"

And that's the story of how a 10th grade me got bullied by someone 8-9 years younger than me!

TUBM has an uncanny likeness to a well-known celebrity or knows someone who does.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I thought @Avidro looked like Lewis Brindley when he went clean-shaven for the first time around me.

TUBM has a favorite YouTube channel?

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Now that's a tough one.
You see, on one side there's Kurzgesagt. They do well-explained and well-researched science videos of all kinds. It's my favourite channel for science and stuff.
And on the other side there's OhPonyBoy. A friend of mine, he does a hilarious animated series with unicorns called Melvin is Magic, along with lots of stupid and funny songs that stay in your head forever.
So Kurzgesagt for serious stuff, OhPonyBoy for fun stuff.

TUBM has a favourite TV show?

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
The West Wing. No doubt about it. It's smart and funny, and just wonderfully written through all seven seasons. Very few shows stay good through seven seasons!

TUBM will never get a specific type of pet?

Oegyein

Umbration

Duality
Cats. My mother's allergic to them and, honestly, not much of a fan. Besides, dogs motivate me to actually exercise XD

TUBM has an obscure and peculiar hobby, along the lines of unicycle riding, odd collections, and/or extreme ironing

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
I take part in motor-sport as a hobby either driving or as a spanner monkey. That has a sub sport of timed tooling where you race other people to change certain parts.

TUBM Which super power would you have, and why?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Freezing time so that I can have more time to draw :lol: Then I would update every 8 hours!!!

TUBM has a favorite movie?

Oegyein

Umbration

Duality
.... I want to say Con Air.... But for obvious reasons I won't XD. Aside from that, I'd say either the first transformers film or the Korean Disaster Drama "Train to Busan", a zombie-apocalypse tale of a father and his daughter who were on a train to the province of Busan when a mysterious infection begins turning people into the undead. I'd say it's kind of visceral in its imaging, but the end scene is so beautifully sad it's hard not to mention it.

TUBM was also caught up in the Hamilton Craze of 2016 and is now cursed with knowledge of every lyric?

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I... have literally no idea what you're talking about. So I guess that's a no.

TUBM has a favourite song?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I feel like the only people who would answer "no" are the ones who don't care much about music or the ones who listen to so much music they can't choose a single favorite song. I am the latter 🤓

TUBM likes action figures?

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
Not really, I was always a toy car kinda kid. As decorations they can be nice but not really my cuppa tea.

If TUBM could visit one historical time period which would it be and why?

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
I've driven a couple of Rolls Royces, but ridden in (on actual roads not tracks). I'm not sure its between a Ferrari F60 (Enzo) or a Mclaren F1. I'm not sure which is more valuable. They are both terrifying and awesome at the same time.

Whats TUBM's dream job?

Oegyein

Umbration

Duality
1. "She fell, beautifully, with the happiest and most sorrowful smile."

2. "It hurt to hear those words spoken, 'I love you'"

3. "'It's not addiction', he said, drinking his fifth hot chocolate"

TUBM hates Mondays and loves lasagna.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
Sometimes you have to make a decision and live with it. I had a friend who was courting a lovely girl (I didn't know her too well just from hanging with the friend), they'd been going out for about 6-7 months when I found out he was, less committed to the relationship than she was. I called him out on it whilst we were hanging out and he said it was a mistake it was all over and he wouldn't happen again. About 6 weeks later I get a text from her asking if I could check on a leak on the bathroom sink (the friend was awful at this stuff and money was tight so she had my number and if I could fix it I would). So I go to the house and let myself in using the spare key (the house was supposed to be empty as the friend and girl both work 'normal' weeks) and hear voices. So it turned out he had finished one affair and started another one, the wonderful human being he is. I lost it and was ready to do something stupid. I may have hit him several times and thrown his phone against the wall. I was more angry at myself than anyone else for believing him the first time. I ended up calling the girl after I'd calmed down a bit, we met up and I told her the whole story the fact i'd covered for him in the first place. All the time watching her expression sink as the word she'd cultivated crumbled. I don't think it will ever leave me, the look on her face that night. A couple of weeks later she left, took a job in Spain as a holiday rep.
I don't know whether people would condemn me for the way I acted covering for or exposing him. I wish I had acted sooner personally but hindsight is 20-20.

TUBM Has a funny story?

Oegyein

Umbration

Duality
So when I was a kid, I had a knack for getting myself stuck in life threatening situations. On the day of my birth I was accidentally choking myself with my own umbilical chord; As a toddler I have both jumped into a pool with no prior knowledge of how to swim, and also fallen from atop a tall slide, on to my head hard enough to be rendered unconscious; but the scenario that takes the cake was my first year of school.

At my first elementary school, there was a section bordered off that you weren't allowed in during recess since there weren't any teachers there to supervise the area. As a Korean-Vietnamese Irishman, rebellion happens to be in my blood so on a particularly hot day I noticed this area appeared quite shady. I snuck over there and took a "short nap" on one of the benches.

Now, the sun does this funny thing where it moves every so often, so this once shady spot became rather hot and bright because summers where I live suck like a vacuum cleaner stuck in a black hole. As I slept, I unknowingly put myself in danger of heatstroke. I woke up some time later to an ambulance ready to go and my Dad arriving on scene worried as heck. I, however, felt ansolutely no different and was oblivious to the whole "possible heatstroke related death" thing. I was just happy I got to go home early!

TUBM regrets one moment in their lives more than anything else.