"I'm upset!!"

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
I knew one of my friends had a crush on my partner when we got together. I went to see him first and said "just so you know, x and I started dating and I wanted you to know first cos I know you liked her too". It was a little awkward for a while but I think he appreciated it. We ended up going to his wedding as a couple so it certainly didn't ruin out friendship :)

chaosenjoyer

your shoes are untied
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I knew one of my friends had a crush on my partner when we got together. I went to see him first and said "just so you know, x and I started dating and I wanted you to know first cos I know you liked her too". It was a little awkward for a while but I think he appreciated it. We ended up going to his wedding as a couple so it certainly didn't ruin out friendship :)
That’s what I was thinking about doing, now that I have a proven case where it worked I’ll definitely do that

chaosenjoyer

your shoes are untied
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos

chaosenjoyer

your shoes are untied
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Remember how I said I had a date? …well. I guess she changed her mind or something. Great. Because apparently “yes” means “I’m going to think about it and then say no later”

Last edited:

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Remember how I said I had a date? …well. I guess she changed her mind or something. Great. Because apparently “yes” means “I’m going to think about it and then say no later”
Sorry chief. Wanna hit the gym and binge Ryan Gosling films?

chaosenjoyer

your shoes are untied
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Sorry chief. Wanna hit the gym and binge Ryan Gosling films?
Sounds wonderful. I’ll book an intercontinental flight right now!

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Just heard that my parents have had to cancel their planned trip to The Netherlands to see my sister because my mum's illness never cleared up and has resulted in some unknown liquid on one of her lungs and possibly an arrhythmic heart :-/

I've offered to go home and help if they need me too and they haven't responded yet. Time for a difficult phone-call :-/

At least they've been sensible and taken the doctors advice and cancelled the plane travel.

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@Rateus Sorry to hear that; hope all turns out well with your mom!

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Linkedin has restricted my account. Normally I wouldn't care, but my class is requiring me to utilize it for tasks.

To "Reclaim my account" I have to prove my identity. What does that mean? Finishing a captcha? 2FA? Secret questions?

No. It wants me to upload a government ID and give permission to download, store, and share (sell) my biometric data. I'm about ready to fake my death and find a cabin in the woods to live in.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
Of course it's a silicone valley company: Link: "Persona selfie biometrics to verify ID for LinkedIn users in Australia, Brazil | Biometric Update"

Excuse me while I contact my blackmarket plastic surgeon
Funny you should mentioned that. My work laptop offered me the chance to "Set up retinal and/or fingerprint ID log-in" when I turned it on this morning. No thanks, I'll stick to my password, that way no-one has the incentive to remove my eye with a pen. Mind you.., Simon wouldn't necessarily know I hadn't enabled retinal log-in so it might not keep me as much safer as I thought...

Linkedin has restricted my account. Normally I wouldn't care, but my class is requiring me to utilize it for tasks.
The biggest problem in what you wrote here, for me seems to be that a class is forcing you to use a particular service (in this case linkedin)

There could be multiple reasons why you can not or want not to be in linked in
but the class
LOL you have to!

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
The biggest problem in what you wrote here, for me seems to be that a class is forcing you to use a particular service (in this case linkedin)

There could be multiple reasons why you can not or want not to be in linked in
but the class
LOL you have to!
in their defense, they also gave us the option of X, but I'm not using my existing account for class stuff and I don't really want to make another