"I'm upset!!"

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Here's a first world problem.

So years ago when I was a wee lad, I remember Krispy Kremes being a ubiquitous enough thing in Australia (or at least Sydney) that I remember having them as a treat fairly often. Often enough, at least, to become familiar with the donuts. My favorite was this one powdered donut that was filled with a sort of apple and cinnamon jelly, like an apple pie. This thing was delicious.

Sometime in the last decade, Krispy Kremes lost their presence in Australia. There's still a few dedicated stores, but by and large they're sold exclusively by 7-Eleven in a tiny little fridge that only contains a small selection of donuts. Since this time, the Apple Cinnamon donut is no longer available.

Recently, 7-Eleven had announced a few new flavors. Seasonal ones, I presume, as is common. One of these was an "Apple Custard Crumble" donut, (an Apple Crumble is the down-under word for Apple Crisp). Recalling my favorite flavor of days of olde, I decided to try it out.

... What I failed to realize is that these two new flavors are exclusively vegan. It had that weird vegan taste of sadness that is close enough to remind you of the flavor it's trying to mimic, but far enough that you still realize you're eating a sad failure of an attempt to taste like real food. It tasted like getting picked last for a team in gym class. It tasted like getting socks for Christmas at 11 years old. It tasted like watching a modern reboot of your favorite 90s movie.

I mean, I get that with a loss of popularity that a few flavors will have to be knocked off for profits, but come on. Apple Cinnamon? AND Chocolate mudcake!? But vanilla slice remains!?!?!?!

I don't know what flavors are available in America, but this injustice can not go uncorrected. I'm gonna track down the recipe and learn how to make it for myself.
Vanilla is superior anyway so that's not a huge loss.

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Krispy Kreme? I'm a Dunkin' man, myself... well actually, for donuts I always patronage a viral mom 'n' pop donut shop that happens to be less than a mile from where we live. (name redacted to prevent doxxing) BUT, I will always be grateful to Dunkin' for giving me my drug of choice when I need it most. Oh, blessed caffeine...

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Krispy Kreme? I'm a Dunkin' man, myself... well actually, for donuts I always patronage a viral mom 'n' pop donut shop that happens to be less than a mile from where we live. (name redacted to prevent doxxing) BUT, I will always be grateful to Dunkin' for giving me my drug of choice when I need it most. Oh, blessed caffeine...
*immediately begins researching all donuts shops in America*

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
So, you like donuts do you? Well, have all the donuts in the world!!!

[HomerDonutTorture.gif]

In the building where I live
(7 apartments - mine is on the ground floor)
There was recently replaced this "phone" for calling individual apartments to open the door
(I'm not sure what is the English word for it)
The new one is terribly ugly and uncomfortable to use and hold in hand.
The only advantage it has over the old one is that it works correctly.
(Actually, mine worked OK, but other neighbors were less lucky)

I had a clever plan to put the new one's electronics into the case of the old one.
I didn't do it yet for 2 reasons:
The new one requires me to pick up the phone before I press the button to unlock the door
so I want to hack it by adding a circuit where pressing a button will simulate picking up the phone and then pressing the button.
And I still have to determine if the old one's microphone and speaker will work well with the new one,
and to do that I need someone to help because I can't talk with myself over a phone in 2 places at once.

I used this opportunity to install an additional phone in my basement.
Sometimes I'm working long in the basement so it's good to be able to answer the phone and let someone in from there too.
I don't want this ugly, uncomfortable phone in my basement either
so another replacement is planned.
I bought inexpensively an old Polish telephone "RWT Narcyz" on allegro.pl (Polish website for buying stuff) to make another Frankenstein Monster mix of old and new phone.
(it's possible to get these phones for low price
and Polish old RWT phones have cool designs,
my favorite is RWT Tulipan (I have both - the button version and the rotary dial version))

Today it arrived.
When I came home I saw the package left at my door.
Context: This is not the normal situation here.
Normally, if they tried to deliver a package when you're not home
they will leave a paper with information in your mailbox
and you can get the package at your post office
instead of just leaving it in front of the door where potentially anyone could go and steal it.
But for unexplained reason they left it at the door.
This was my upset #1, but a just a small one because I trust my neighbors.

But here comes my upset #2:
I unpacked it and checked if it works - it does.
Then I disassembled it because it is very dirty and I want to wash it.
While disassembling it I made a stupid mistake which resulted in breaking the plastic hooks holding both pieces of the case together :[

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
In the building where I live
(7 apartments - mine is on the ground floor)
There was recently replaced this "phone" for calling individual apartments to open the door
(I'm not sure what is the English word for it)
The new one is terribly ugly and uncomfortable to use and hold in hand.
The only advantage it has over the old one is that it works correctly.
(Actually, mine worked OK, but other neighbors were less lucky)

I had a clever plan to put the new one's electronics into the case of the old one.
I didn't do it yet for 2 reasons:
The new one requires me to pick up the phone before I press the button to unlock the door
so I want to hack it by adding a circuit where pressing a button will simulate picking up the phone and then pressing the button.
And I still have to determine if the old one's microphone and speaker will work well with the new one,
and to do that I need someone to help because I can't talk with myself over a phone in 2 places at once.

I used this opportunity to install an additional phone in my basement.
Sometimes I'm working long in the basement so it's good to be able to answer the phone and let someone in from there too.
I don't want this ugly, uncomfortable phone in my basement either
so another replacement is planned.
I bought inexpensively an old Polish telephone "RWT Narcyz" on allegro.pl (Polish website for buying stuff) to make another Frankenstein Monster mix of old and new phone.
(it's possible to get these phones for low price
and Polish old RWT phones have cool designs,
my favorite is RWT Tulipan (I have both - the button version and the rotary dial version))

Today it arrived.
When I came home I saw the package left at my door.
Context: This is not the normal situation here.
Normally, if they tried to deliver a package when you're not home
they will leave a paper with information in your mailbox
and you can get the package at your post office
instead of just leaving it in front of the door where potentially anyone could go and steal it.
But for unexplained reason they left it at the door.
This was my upset #1, but a just a small one because I trust my neighbors.

But here comes my upset #2:
I unpacked it and checked if it works - it does.
Then I disassembled it because it is very dirty and I want to wash it.
While disassembling it I made a stupid mistake which resulted in breaking the plastic hooks holding both pieces of the case together :[
"
(I'm not sure what is the English word for it)"

Probably Intercom.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
My neighbor went to jail for something stupid not too long ago (jail, not prison) and now thinks he's some tough Ecuadorian gangster. He likes to invite his jail buddies over regularly where they stay up late (up to 4am once) and just be idiots in his back yard.

I live in a townhouse. His yard is directly under my window. They're smoking and rapping* under my window and I'm awake slamming my head into the wall because between him and the back-to-back Taylor Swift on EVERY RADIO STATION IN SYDNEY I seem to have no peace today.

*Reciting existing rap lyrics really badly with no rhythm

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
My neighbor went to jail for something stupid not too long ago (jail, not prison) and now thinks he's some tough Ecuadorian gangster. He likes to invite his jail buddies over regularly where they stay up late (up to 4am once) and just be idiots in his back yard.

I live in a townhouse. His yard is directly under my window. They're smoking and rapping* under my window and I'm awake slamming my head into the wall because between him and the back-to-back Taylor Swift on EVERY RADIO STATION IN SYDNEY I seem to have no peace today.

*Reciting existing rap lyrics really badly with no rhythm
They're talking loud enough that my headphones don't drown them out

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
12:30am. They're still talking loud, playing music, smoking, etc. I'm amazed that it seems people in my area are incapable of speaking simple sentences without cussing.

I'm so close to calling the police and filing a noise complaint.

This time actual real scooter damage, when I was going to the train station yesterday.
Luckily I managed to reach the train on time anyway.
I will have to replace the bearing in front wheel.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
There were three separate smokebombs let off my idiots at the football match I went to last night. It still hurts to breath and I feel a little nauseous.

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
well charlie is considering kicking me out of the house now after we had a 2-day fight, so the chances of me needing to move back home are significantly increased 🙃

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
well charlie is considering kicking me out of the house now after we had a 2-day fight, so the chances of me needing to move back home are significantly increased 🙃
Oh no!! That sounds awful!

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance
:dejectedamber: