"I'm upset!!"

When I upload to youtube a recording which has a vertical size not on youtube's list of preferred sizes,
it will be reduced down to the nearest one.
My screen resolution is 1280 x 1024,
but if I upload a screen recording, it will be degraded from 1024 to 720.
:<

For this reason when I made some animations in 580 x 410,
I put them into a border which expanded the size to 680 x 480,
to have youtube's preferred height and keep similar aspect ratio
(approximately √2 : 1)

I actually like the border
(but it would be better with 656 x 464)
but I'm upset about youtube degrading my screen recordings.
1280 x 1024 is a popular industry standard for screen size,
youtube doesn't care

chaosenjoyer

You drink water, I drink anarchy
Umbration

Cosmos
Learned that a family member was posting semi-private information about me (and some other family members) on Facebook without consent :amberapproves:

he is no longer receiving any semi-private information about me and some other family members

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
an acquaintance of mine acted like a spoiled brat (and I swear I'm not being overly harsh here, it's just true) and had the teachers for mock trial alter the team roster because he got partnered with someone he didn't like, resulting in my partner changing, which kind of screws me over and erases all the work I did with my former partner. Now I'm up stupid late trying to draft an email to the teachers asking them to change it back because I'm so mad about this that it's genuinely keeping me from falling asleep

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality

Rue

Umbration

Duality

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance

Rue

Umbration

Duality
It's not even all that good.
First of all it's delicious and second of all its my favorite color and I think that's partly why I'm so obsessed 😜

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
First of all it's delicious and second of all its my favorite color and I think that's partly why I'm so obsessed 😜
Mountain dew is delicious :) I agree

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I gotta say, when I was in Cali, I went to Taco Bell solely to try out Baja Blast. I wasn't disappointed.

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos
Mountain dew is delicious :) I agree
I actually just had Baja Blast for the first time yesterday, they were selling cans of it at the school store. It is very, very good, and definitely lived up to all the hype.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I actually just had Baja Blast for the first time yesterday, they were selling cans of it at the school store. It is very, very good, and definitely lived up to all the hype.
Is your school store a taco bell?

chaosenjoyer

Umbration

Cosmos

Rue

Umbration

Duality
I gotta say, when I was in Cali, I went to Taco Bell solely to try out Baja Blast. I wasn't disappointed.
Neither of you can imagine the joy in my heart reading this.

Is your school store a taco bell?
I wish my school was a Taco Bell
So for the 20th bajaversary they're selling cans and bottles of baja blast in stores for the entire year. I'd say usually it's lucky if we get in stores for a couple months every couple years.
July 2022 when Charlie and his sister went to Arizona to see their dad, he saw 12 packs of baja blast at a walmart there. I said he has to bring me one. He brought I think twelve 12-packs. Lasted me a whole year.

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Neither of you can imagine the joy in my heart reading this.

I wish my school was a Taco Bell
So for the 20th bajaversary they're selling cans and bottles of baja blast in stores for the entire year. I'd say usually it's lucky if we get in stores for a couple months every couple years.
July 2022 when Charlie and his sister went to Arizona to see their dad, he saw 12 packs of baja blast at a walmart there. I said he has to bring me one. He brought I think twelve 12-packs. Lasted me a whole year.
You're a true hero Charlie.

Rue

Umbration

Duality
Charlie and I are watching his sister's dog while she's in Seattle for a week; its been two days and I'm already going lowkey crazy.

I get woken up by the dog multiple times during the night because he wants to to be lifted up onto our bed with us (we literally have pet stairs for the bed), and then he will hop down and go to the living room and howl since Charlie's sister isn't home.
I'll take him outside multiple times to use the bathroom but he never really does. But he has peed in the house multiple times.

Yesterday he wasn't aggressive at all, but today he's already tried to attack the cats 3 times. Including my sick old Boy while he was just eating his wet food for dinner. I'm extra concerned for a day like Monday when both of us will be working. If he hurts a single cat I won't hesitate to have him boarded up for the rest of trip. 😠 That's also probably safer for him too, since he's smaller than like 2/3 of the cats.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Charlie and I are watching his sister's dog while she's in Seattle for a week; its been two days and I'm already going lowkey crazy.

I get woken up by the dog multiple times during the night because he wants to to be lifted up onto our bed with us (we literally have pet stairs for the bed), and then he will hop down and go to the living room and howl since Charlie's sister isn't home.
I'll take him outside multiple times to use the bathroom but he never really does. But he has peed in the house multiple times.

Yesterday he wasn't aggressive at all, but today he's already tried to attack the cats 3 times. Including my sick old Boy while he was just eating his wet food for dinner. I'm extra concerned for a day like Monday when both of us will be working. If he hurts a single cat I won't hesitate to have him boarded up for the rest of trip. 😠 That's also probably safer for him too, since he's smaller than like 2/3 of the cats.
Small dogs are often the most aggressive breeds, due to them being prone to anxiety. If you're holding onto him long term, I can recommend a product called Adaptil (I believe it's sold in the US) which mimics the Dog Appeasement Pheromone and helps calm down anxious pups.

Also possibly of interest to you, adaptil has a cat variation called feliway. Both products I have seen sold as diffusers and collars for casual use, or as sprays for active use

(I just finished up at work, if you can't tell)

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance
Small dogs are often the most aggressive breeds, due to them being prone to anxiety. If you're holding onto him long term, I can recommend a product called Adaptil (I believe it's sold in the US) which mimics the Dog Appeasement Pheromone and helps calm down anxious pups.

Also possibly of interest to you, adaptil has a cat variation called feliway. Both products I have seen sold as diffusers and collars for casual use, or as sprays for active use

I looked it up. I find it funny how they avoid the word "Pheromone(s)". It's sending "messages".

Rue

Umbration

Duality

I've tried feliway once or twice before without much success; but considering the amount of cats we have we would probably need to invest in the diffusers for any chance.
The Dog seems to be feeling a little better and has attached himself to Charlie for the time being. Last night he was growling at any cat that hopped up on our bed (Dear Dog, YOU are the guest here!!!) so instead I just slept out on the couch and all the kitties hung out in the living room with me. I suppose I'll be doing that for the next ~4 nights until Charlie's sister is back home. :eveyunimpressed:

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Here's a first world problem.

So years ago when I was a wee lad, I remember Krispy Kremes being a ubiquitous enough thing in Australia (or at least Sydney) that I remember having them as a treat fairly often. Often enough, at least, to become familiar with the donuts. My favorite was this one powdered donut that was filled with a sort of apple and cinnamon jelly, like an apple pie. This thing was delicious.

Sometime in the last decade, Krispy Kremes lost their presence in Australia. There's still a few dedicated stores, but by and large they're sold exclusively by 7-Eleven in a tiny little fridge that only contains a small selection of donuts. Since this time, the Apple Cinnamon donut is no longer available.

Recently, 7-Eleven had announced a few new flavors. Seasonal ones, I presume, as is common. One of these was an "Apple Custard Crumble" donut, (an Apple Crumble is the down-under word for Apple Crisp). Recalling my favorite flavor of days of olde, I decided to try it out.

... What I failed to realize is that these two new flavors are exclusively vegan. It had that weird vegan taste of sadness that is close enough to remind you of the flavor it's trying to mimic, but far enough that you still realize you're eating a sad failure of an attempt to taste like real food. It tasted like getting picked last for a team in gym class. It tasted like getting socks for Christmas at 11 years old. It tasted like watching a modern reboot of your favorite 90s movie.

I mean, I get that with a loss of popularity that a few flavors will have to be knocked off for profits, but come on. Apple Cinnamon? AND Chocolate mudcake!? But vanilla slice remains!?!?!?!

I don't know what flavors are available in America, but this injustice can not go uncorrected. I'm gonna track down the recipe and learn how to make it for myself.