"I'm upset!!"

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
Very true... but when a tactical military transport (which, by definition and requirement, are supposed to be very reliable) requires a lot more maintenance than a civilian airliner and still fails every few flights, it's not a maintenance problem...
maybe theres some secret to it that they have to sneak inside in the guise of maintenance

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
For whatever reason, a great number of very inebriated people are having a very loud party really close by. The music I can drown out, but the obnoxious havering and singing is way too much!

Ba Humbug!

TheJLT

Or is this a memory?
Umbration

Cognizance
For whatever reason, a great number of very inebriated people are having a very loud party really close by. The music I can drown out, but the obnoxious havering and singing is way too much!

Ba Humbug!
Easy. all you have to do is sneak into the party by infiltrating their beer barrels with your weapons so that you can surprise attack them when they are drunk. Those thieves-- er... Steves wont stand a chance.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Bad day today. Can't wait for my shift to end ;-;

@Rue I want to apologize for all the times I didn't listen to your retail stories. They were adequate warning

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality

@Rue I want to apologize for all the times I didn't listen to your retail stories. They were adequate warning
And the icing on the cake: FLEAS!

Ladies and gents, boys and girls. If you ever leave your furry friend somewhere for daycare, even if it's a trusted friend, make sure they medicate their own pets first, lest they send Fido home with a parting gift.

Reactions: Rue

Rue

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Umbration

Duality

I'm pretty sure retail/any customer-facing jobs are actually purgatory on earth

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I'm upset because the EU and the french postal service are absolute crap.
Context:
A while ago, I ordered a thing online. $35, plus $10 for international shipping.
Today it arrived, and the postwoman said that I had to pay 22€ (!!) of taxes and stuff. But if I paid online it was less, but I wouldn't get my thing today.
So online I went, and there it was 16€. 14€ of actual taxes and 2€ for the postal service. That becomes 8€ if you pay when you receive the package for some reason.
Anyway, that still leaves 14€ (so about $16) of taxes for a thing I paid €35. So about 46%, when that should have been 20% (and the website clearly says that the 14€ are for the 20% import tax).
So of course I'm angry and want explanations, but the ffffing postal service's website is a nightmare if you have any sort of query, and they don't even have an email or anything to contact the service taking care of the import stuff.
And perhaps the most annoying thing is that it's not even consistant.
Sometimes I receive stuff from the US and I don't have to pay taxes, and sometimes I have and it's way more expensive than it should be.
Anyway. Rant over.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I'm upset because the EU and the french postal service are absolute crap.
Context:
A while ago, I ordered a thing online. $35, plus $10 for international shipping.
Today it arrived, and the postwoman said that I had to pay 22€ (!!) of taxes and stuff. But if I paid online it was less, but I wouldn't get my thing today.
So online I went, and there it was 16€. 14€ of actual taxes and 2€ for the postal service. That becomes 8€ if you pay when you receive the package for some reason.
Anyway, that still leaves 14€ (so about $16) of taxes for a thing I paid €35. So about 46%, when that should have been 20% (and the website clearly says that the 14€ are for the 20% import tax).
So of course I'm angry and want explanations, but the ffffing postal service's website is a nightmare if you have any sort of query, and they don't even have an email or anything to contact the service taking care of the import stuff.
And perhaps the most annoying thing is that it's not even consistant.
Sometimes I receive stuff from the US and I don't have to pay taxes, and sometimes I have and it's way more expensive than it should be.
Anyway. Rant over.
I'm just gonna leave this LINK here.... :whistling:

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
You know how every episode of MLP ends with the characters learning a lesson about friendship? That's basically my life, except the lessons isn't "friends should share!", but rather "make sure you know where your birth certificate is at all times else you'll be rescheduling your passport appointment for whole week because your work/life balance is trash.

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
You know how every episode of MLP ends with the characters learning a lesson about friendship? That's basically my life, except the lessons isn't "friends should share!", but rather "make sure you know where your birth certificate is at all times else you'll be rescheduling your passport appointment for whole week because your work/life balance is trash.
:(

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
I mean it takes like an hour to get a replacement here (provided you have the documents needed to prove you are in fact yourself), the worst part is having to go to wolvo

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
tl;dr
The Australian post office system is a joke and I can't wait to leave this place.

l;r
Went to deal with my passport today. I went last week but had to reschedule because of my own error, but for some reason they require both my birth certificate and my own to prove I'm an Australian citizen.
After a week of scrambling all my documents together, I set out today confident I had everything I needed. Got my passport photos done, then tried to apply for my passport to find out I needed to print out my application form, having the digital copy present wasn't enough and my local post office apparently doesn't have a printer.
So now I need to head in on Saturday before 11:30AM to get it done, which would have been nice to know because I wasn't aware they opened on Saturday since their website states "Monday-Friday".

This is mostly just me being salty because it's been delayed again, but at least I got my photos done =_=

Rue

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Umbration

Duality
Retail. Holidays. You know.

Oh, and this lady that comes in and tries to shoplift all the time (like multiple times a week) assaulted the closing manager on Sunday. I was off so I'm not 100% sure on the order of events but:
-Manager tries to stop her from taking the boxes out the door
-Shoplifter starts hitting her
-At one point, shoplifter leaves and then COMES BACK with PEPPER SPRAY
-Manager gets punched in face (unsure if this happened during the first or second time)
something something

-Manager goes to the hospital, is there all night, she has a fractured nose but is OTHERWISE okay I think?
-Our store is supposed to get a security guard temporarily starting today. As of 12:30 we hadn't had someone come in but as long as they are there in the evening that's what matters

We have I think 9 total employees at my store and 4 are currently out of commission.
1 just had a baby
1 tested positive for covid
1 has covid symptoms (hopefully negative)
and of course, broken nose

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Retail. Holidays. You know.

Oh, and this lady that comes in and tries to shoplift all the time (like multiple times a week) assaulted the closing manager on Sunday. I was off so I'm not 100% sure on the order of events but:
-Manager tries to stop her from taking the boxes out the door
-Shoplifter starts hitting her
-At one point, shoplifter leaves and then COMES BACK with PEPPER SPRAY
-Manager gets punched in face (unsure if this happened during the first or second time)
something something

-Manager goes to the hospital, is there all night, she has a fractured nose but is OTHERWISE okay I think?
-Our store is supposed to get a security guard temporarily starting today. As of 12:30 we hadn't had someone come in but as long as they are there in the evening that's what matters

We have I think 9 total employees at my store and 4 are currently out of commission.
1 just had a baby
1 tested positive for covid
1 has covid symptoms (hopefully negative)
and of course, broken nose
We have about a third of our stock on the floor since people have been cutting holes in the roof and fishing stuff out of workshops in the area...

...'tis the season after-all​

Reactions: Rue

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
We have about a third of our stock on the floor since people have been cutting holes in the roof and fishing stuff out of workshops in the area...

...'tis the season after-all​
Puts another spin on the term "shoplifting" don't it 👈👈 ;)

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I'm upset because I'm a f***ing idiot. I should almost be in r/idiotsincars right now.
In short, I put my foot a little too much down when leaving a roundabout, on a wet road, in a 340 hp rwd car.
Traction control did not help much and I was sent into the nearby muddy field.
Through sheer luck and excessive usage of power, I managed to get it out of there and back on the road.
At least the car is undamaged (as far as I can see) except for a blown rear tire. That and it's absolutely covered in dirt.