"I'm upset!!"

TheJLT

Inter-dimensional Placement Usurper
Umbration

Cognizance
You know what really pushes my buttons? When people are too stupid to realize that they are wrong about their discounts when I've explicitly explained the maths.
Her:"Each product was only supposed to be 14 dollars, but it says that they are 22 dollars each!"
Me:"Well, ma'am, you have 2 22 dollar products with a 16 dollar discount. To simplify it you have 1 22 dollar product with an 8 dollar discount. 22-8=14. double that and add the tip that you wanted (0 dollars) and that adds up to 27.98."
Her: "But why are the products 22 dollars?"
Me:"They are 22 because all the sides."
Her:"But I have a discount for 5 sides free."
Me: "That is what the '16 dollars off' discount is for."
Her: "I want to speak to the manager. Disrespectful"
Me :excuseme:I am the manager.

Oegyein

All I want for Christmas... is FOOOOOOOOOD
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Professor's using John Oliver clips as an example in class and each one fills me with an unkindly amount of rage.

TheJLT

Inter-dimensional Placement Usurper
Umbration

Cognizance
Professor's using John Oliver clips as an example in class and each one fills me with an unkindly amount of rage.
I am upset that anyone considers him funny. How many times can the same joke be recycled..... How many times has the laugh track been played after the same joke...... He is worse than friends.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
How many times can the same joke be recycled
It really depends on the delivery, absurdity and context, there's a reason catchphrases are used in sitcoms. A great example of this is Blackadder; there are several running gags, some that are retained series to series (the primary example of this would be Baldrick saying "I have a cunning plan"), others are series specific (Captain Darling in Goes Forth). Those running gag's are essentially the same joke recycled. What they do is enable the viewer to remember their favourite "Darling" moment, and since people have differing tastes they can discuss their favourites, which in turn keeps the show relevant in pop culture to some extent.

How many times has the laugh track been played after the same joke
Until the pandemic the show was filmed in front of a live studio audience, whilst they are almost certainly using them now that would be because laughter tends to be social thing, watching most comedy without a laugh track or audience laughing along with the joke reduces the effectiveness of said comedy.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Until the pandemic the show was filmed in front of a live studio audience.
I'm pretty sure they are encouraged to laugh at all the jokes on most if not all of the comedy shows. Either that or I just have no sense of humor. Nah, it's definitely not me.

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
My neighbors, like every morning, decided to blast music as loudly as possible this morning.

this is what was on today:

I had to suffer, so now y'all do too :crazyevey:

Rue

I'm your god now
Umbration

Duality
Although I've never heard this song before, it absolutely sounds like something I would have played on DDR when I was in like 8th grade and been obsessed with.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
My neighbors, like every morning, decided to blast music as loudly as possible this morning.

this is what was on today:

I had to suffer, so now y'all do too :crazyevey:
I added this to my current Spotify playlist, and while I'm immeasurably grateful every time it comes on, every time I hear it I can't help but wonder what kind of people blast this song loudly in the morning

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
Can i just say that i completely agree with Oeygyein in that it's a song that makes you suffer.
So you're saying it's a bad thing I can recite the first verse from memory? PAH! I think NOT!

I added this to my current Spotify playlist, and while I'm immeasurably grateful every time it comes on, every time I hear it I can't help but wonder what kind of people blast this song loudly in the morning
Hello I'm a well adjusted individual, that would do that. It's a pump up song, gets you psyched for the day ahead alternatively this:

Last edited:

ShiningEmmy

Emmyshape Deimon
Umbration

Cognizance
So you're saying it's a bad thing I can recite the first verse from memory? PAH! I think NOT!

Hello I'm a well adjusted individual, that would do that. It's a pump up song, gets you psyched for the day ahead alternatively this:
This one is considerably better, but still a little annoying.

Oegyein

Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
How dare you drag this out from the depths of my memory. This was repressed for a reason.

Rue

I'm your god now
Umbration

Duality
@BleepBloopBeep how are you managing to channel my 8th grade self so intensely?