"I'm upset!!"

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I wish I had advice, instead I just have sympathy. This sounds very similar to the kind of run arounds my dad has been getting since he broke both his shoulders and had to stop working. I just feel lucky I haven't had to deal with that level of BS yet. I don't know if somehow your doctor could advocate for you or at least have an idea of what you can do?
Your poor dad 😢
I do have an advocate from the drug company and I filled her in on everything, but this kind of seems beyond her control. Right now I'm just hoping that the specialty pharmacy actually calls my insurance and they get it sorted out between them, because that's seemingly what needs to happen next.

I'm super excited to get this new medicine, y'all, it's a liquid medicine that replaces the spinal injections I normally get... 😅

Haha.... perhaps we should have a political section of the forums that doesn't allow guests to view it...... ya know.... so we don't scare people away....
Yeah, I just promoed the forums today on the Exvulnerum update 😂

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Dazed and Confused
Umbration

Duality
I feel ya. I've had two motorcycle accidents,
That's honestly so scary! Motorcycle accidents can be real bad, do you still drive one? Honestly I always wanted a motorcycle but by one accident in a sedan is probably enough to put me off from the idea forever.

If you ever need to chat then just pm me. I know talking and venting can help a lot.
:dejectedamber::happyhug:
(Same ofc)

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
That's honestly so scary! Motorcycle accidents can be real bad, do you still drive one? Honestly I always wanted a motorcycle but by one accident in a sedan is probably enough to put me off from the idea forever.
Nah I prefer my metal box. Much warmer in January. Thing is it's great fun to ride one as I'm sure @Val will attest to, but even if you do everything right it takes one muppet to do something wrong, and that's it. I have the licence plate, and I have ridden since but I don't want to take the risk tbh.

Plus the box is warm, so toasty in the morning :betterthanadventuring:

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
I will never understand the appeal of riding a bike. Relying on other people to drive properly just does not sit well with me.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
Motorcycles are good fun to ride, and cheap compared to a car to run. I would recommend trying one on private property free of eejuts,
We all know that once you buy a dirt bike and ride it, a plane is gonna crash into you on your 3rd ride.

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Honestly, in nearly 6 years of motorcycling, I never had a single accident with another car. I did fall multiple times (often due to slippery roads), but that's it.
Motorcycles are very fun, cheap, fast and small.
But yeah, you have to be very careful of idiots and pay attention to every single thing on the road. It's tiring.
And as Bleep said, the box is warm. And safer. And you can carry stuff. Also, I'm a long noodle boi, and riding for hours hurts my back.
So I sold my motorcycle a few weeks ago. I'll get myself a used Mustang or something next year, once I have enough money.

Speaking of Mustangs and being upset, I was at a Ford dealership yesterday, and there were 2 new Mustang GT.
This car is worth $35-45k in the US I think, depending on options and such.
Both of them were priced at over 80,000€ with taxes.
Because apparently, the already enormous 10k tax on new "polluting vehicles" wasn't big enough, they pushed it up to 20k. And there's like 5k of the stupid horsepower tax.
Buying new (sports) cars in France is a scam.

Last edited:

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
Honestly, in nearly 6 years of motorcycling, I never had a single accident with another car. I did fall multiple times (often due to slippery roads), but that's it.
But yeah, you have to be very careful of idiots and pay attention to every single thing on the road. It's tiring.
And as Bleep said, the box is warm. And safer. And you can carry stuff. Also, I'm a long noodle boi, and riding for hours hurts my back.
So I sold my motorcycle a few weeks ago. I'll get myself a used Mustang or something next year, once I have enough money.

Speaking of Mustangs and being upset, I was at a Ford dealership yesterday, and there were 2 new Mustang GT.
Because apparently, the already enormous 10k tax on "polluting vehicles" wasn't big enough, they pushed it up to 20k. And there's like 5k of the stupid horsepower tax.
Can't you buy it in the US and move it to France?

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I could, but then I'd have to pay shipping, import taxes, VAT, etc... it's not worth it.
I'll just get myself a used previous-gen V6 'stang for 20k and it'll do just fine.

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Because apparently, the already enormous 10k tax on new "polluting vehicles" wasn't big enough, they pushed it up to 20k.
So apparently, this is old news. On 01/01/2021, they're going to push the max level of this tax to 40k€, and even up to 50k in 2022.
I don't get it. What's the point?! Seriously?!
At least we don't have to pay that on used cars, and they also deleted part of the horsepower tax for these. Yay.

The Summoned

Sandwiches Abound!
Umbration

Corporeality
On 01/01/2021, they're going to push the max level of this tax to 40k€, and even up to 50k in 2022.
:backupamber: Y'all need to have a car party. Throw a few of those things in a harbor or something.

BleepBloopBeep

Captain
Umbration

Cognizance
We all know that once you buy a dirt bike and ride it, a plane is gonna crash into you on your 3rd ride.
I want to argue something different, but it's a fair assumption at this point.

Because apparently, the already enormous 10k tax on new "polluting vehicles" wasn't big enough, they pushed it up to 20k. And there's like 5k of the stupid horsepower tax.
Is there no negating it by buying in Germany, then driving back across the border? Idk what the rules are on that, they probably have it covered anyway.

My other thought would be the last generation C63 AMG with the 6.3 V8. The value seems to have bottomed out over here, and since it's the last of the big V8's from Merc I would expect them to start creeping up in value over the next 5yrs or so.

TheJLT

Oegyen's 3rd Friend
Umbration

Cognizance
I was listening to doom eternal music, and now I have a headache...... ugh! Why does this almost always happen when I listen to music!?

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I used to be good at poetry, now I hate everything I write ;-;