"I'm Thankful! 💛"

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
In honor of this very special Thanksgiving at the tail end of two very difficult years for many of us, I hereby inaugurate the "I'm Thankful!" Thread!

Post whatever it is that has you feeling thankful each day!

Today, I'm thankful to have woken up to several really nice messages waiting for me from good friends! 💛

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
I'm thankful that my 15 year-old cat stopped vomiting blood and is still with us for Thanksgiving. :)

TheJLT

Crazy Purple Wizard
Umbration

Cognizance
Hmmmmm. I guess I'm thankful for all of existence.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Hmmmmm. I guess I'm thankful for all of existence.
What about the bad parts?
I think this is a rare instance where JLT and I are aligned. We may not want to be thankful for the bad parts, but they are what makes the good parts, well, good. So we can be thankful for the perspective they bring. I mean depending on someones specific beliefs (if the belief is a God kicked off this whole party therefore are responsible for everything thereafter) you could argue that being thankful for all of existence equates to being thankful for God.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I think this is a rare instance where JLT and I are aligned. We may not want to be thankful for the bad parts, but they are what makes the good parts, well, good. So we can be thankful for the perspective they bring. I mean depending on someones specific beliefs (if the belief is a God kicked off this whole party therefore are responsible for everything thereafter) you could argue that being thankful for all of existence equates to being thankful for God.
Very well put, my good sir! These are my views as well. Perhaps it is counterintuitive, but one can give thanks for even the worst of circumstances with the mindset that the goodness of God is all the greater for them.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I'd have to agree with Esther. There's way too much for me to be thankful for to write it all down!

I am, in particular, thankful to be on track for visiting America. It really feels all too surreal!

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I'd have to agree with Esther. There's way too much for me to be thankful for to write it all down!

I am, in particular, thankful to be on track for visiting America. It really feels all too surreal!
Didnt even @ me tch tch tch

I'm thankful the food was soooo good 😊

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I'm thankful for Cresnovian Chess and @TheJLT keeping me entertained during our routine, but aggravatingly prolonged, hospital visit today! 💛

BleepBloopBeep

Captain, Professor Maybe? Into Doctor
Umbration

Cognizance
Very well put, my good sir! These are my views as well. Perhaps it is counterintuitive, but one can give thanks for even the worst of circumstances with the mindset that the goodness of God is all the greater for them.
I feel it would be dishonest of me not to respond to this as it's not strictly what I meant.
I wouldn't necessarily take it to that extent, I agree with the proposition 'It is possible to be thankful for all of existence.' the God comparison was to show that people may not question what could reasonably be considered a different way to say the same thing.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I feel it would be dishonest of me not to respond to this as it's not strictly what I meant.
I wouldn't necessarily take it to that extent, I agree with the proposition 'It is possible to be thankful for all of existence.' the God comparison was to show that people may not question what could reasonably be considered a different way to say the same thing.
I understand. To be fair, I can intellectualize about the goodness of God making all the bad stuff meaningful, but it's a whole other issue to put that belief in practice when confronted with bad stuff in reality.

In short, there's a good reason why there's a whole book of the Bible titled "Lamentations"...

TheJLT

Crazy Purple Wizard
Umbration

Cognizance

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I'm thankful today for hot tea, warm showers, and aftershave. Also, I'm starting to take a real interest in following basketball as a sport, so that's been fun. Also also, a good friend of mine is strongly considering getting baptized soon! 💛

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I'm thankful today for hot tea, warm showers, and aftershave. Also, I'm starting to take a real interest in following basketball as a sport, so that's been fun. Also also, a good friend of mine is strongly considering getting baptized soon! 💛
Basketball. Like Baseball with k's and t's