"I'M EXCITED"

I typed something in the box that was supposed to be empty and it yelled at me the first time, so I assumed it didn’t post, emptied the box, and tried again… only to see that it posted twice. Whoops.
It will not accept a comment if that box is not empty.
So it must have been duplicated after emptying it.

Why did I add such a strange thing,
the box that must remain empty?

It's surprisingly effective against spambots.
Bots which find open forms to send comment will try to fill all available fields with text
to avoid a situation where their post is rejected because they didn't give some required input.
But here I require to NOT write anything there.

Of course this will not help with spambots targeted for this specific interface, but ~99% generic spambots fail this simple challenge.

Also, in various moments of my life I have found myself standing in some people's rooms.

I'm still new there but I already got involved in 2 performances to be happening soon.
In two week we will have a mini concert of some advent songs.
In January we will visit the care facility
(the same that we made the Christmas cards for)
we will go from room to room
singing Christmas carols for the people there.
I'm a bit afraid because I'm new at this and so far every time is a challenge for me.
The first event of these two did not happen but the second one is happening tomorrow.
I'm excited.
I'm afraid.

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
THE K1 VISA IS IN THE MAIIIILLLLL (as of yesterday)

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Sending out some of the 'invitations' for a certain event

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
The Fallout series has dropped another trailer and it's looking good.

That said, I'm still worried that it could wind up another disappointment (See Halo)

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I fixed my car today!! :D
So, here in France (and in pretty much all of Europe if I'm not mistaken) we have to pass an inspection every two years. Mine is overdue, and I'm not allowed to drive my car until I do it. Problem is, I had an issue which would not have passed the inspection: my rear fog lights didn't work.
Now, as an American, you might be wondering: rear fog lights? What the heck are those?
Yes. Exactly.
They're a pair (or a single one on the driver's side) of bright red lights at the back of the car, which you have to turn on for visibility in heavy fog conditions. They're mandatory in Europe.
But not in the US.
And I have a 1999 Chevy Camaro, which is very much an American car.
Now, I do have rear fog lights. They're in the rear bumper, below the lights. And I have a switch inside for turning them on. But it didn't work.
And when I tried searching for info on these online, I turned up absolutely nothing. Barely a mention here or there that they do, in fact, exist, but only on the export model of the Camaro. Which is like maybe 1% of all the 4th gen Camaros sold.
So after posting a question on a forum for these cars, a kind user finally provided me with the wiring diagram for these rear fog lights.
So, with my trusty multimeter, I started testing the various components which made these lights turn on.
First, the switch. It worked. Then the diode network. It worked. Then the relay. It worked.
I was stumped. The only thing between the switch and the relay was the Body Control Module, an onboard computer which handles all the electronics stuff like the lights and other things.
So I thought, the BCM might be the problem. But I'm not taking down and dismantling a freaking onboard computer, because if I frick anything up I have to buy a new one, they're expensive, have to get it shipped from the US, and has to be pre-coded with my car's VIN.
So I did the next best thing: I bypassed it. Took out the switch output wire and the relay control wire of the BCM connector, clipped them together, put everything else back in their place, started the car, turned on the lights, and TA-DAAA!
Never been so happy to see a pair of lights turn on :D

Now, onto fixing the passenger side power window.

TheJLT

The
Umbration

Cognizance
So, here in France (and in pretty much all of Europe if I'm not mistaken) we have to pass an inspection every two years. Mine is overdue, and I'm not allowed to drive my car until I do it. Problem is, I had an issue which would not have passed the inspection: my rear fog lights didn't work.
Now, as an American, you might be wondering: rear fog lights? What the heck are those?
Yes. Exactly.
They're a pair (or a single one on the driver's side) of bright red lights at the back of the car, which you have to turn on for visibility in heavy fog conditions. They're mandatory in Europe.
But not in the US.
Now, I do have rear fog lights. They're in the rear bumper, below the lights. And I have a switch inside for turning them on. But it didn't work.
And when I tried searching for info on these online, I turned up absolutely nothing. Barely a mention here or there that they do, in fact, exist, but only on the export model of the Camaro. Which is like maybe 1% of all the 4th gen Camaros sold.
So after posting a question on a forum for these cars, a kind user finally provided me with the wiring diagram for these rear fog lights.
So, with my trusty multimeter, I started testing the various components which made these lights turn on.
First, the switch. It worked. Then the diode network. It worked. Then the relay. It worked.
I was stumped. The only thing between the switch and the relay was the Body Control Module, an onboard computer which handles all the electronics stuff like the lights and other things.
So I thought, the BCM might be the problem. But I'm not taking down and dismantling a freaking onboard computer, because if I frick anything up I have to buy a new one, they're expensive, have to get it shipped from the US, and has to be pre-coded with my car's VIN.
So I did the next best thing: I bypassed it. Took out the switch output wire and the relay control wire of the BCM connector, clipped them together, put everything else back in their place, started the car, turned on the lights, and TA-DAAA!

congrats!

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Yes. Exactly.
But not in the US.

We too have to pass an annual MOT.

chaosenjoyer

your shoes are untied
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Currently en route to a Starset concert!!!!! Finally

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Just got the photo booth booked for the wedding! Woohoo!