Announcement Forum Downtime 5/14/2020

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I am upgrading my hosting plan because you guys are executing too many scripts per hour, and that's bad--could cause the entire Internet to go down for all I know.

Anyway, I was advised to take the forums offline during the upgrade as a precaution to prevent data loss, so I will be doing that Thursday, sometime in the mid-morning-to-mid-afternoon (US Central time). I have been told that the upgrade process will probably be done within 24 hours, but it could take up to 72 hours...

I always recommend that you back-up your valued posts and threads here in case of a catastrophic failure. Cresnov is being backed up on the server's end, but sometimes things go very very wrong and we all will cry, but you won't cry as much if you have your stuff saved!

:dzunawithmouth:

Also, this upgrade will cost me $15 dollars extra every month, so I'm asking 15 of you to produce at least $1 extra in entertaining posts every month starting next Monday. Thank you for your cooperation.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
How does one back up a thread clientside?

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
How does one back up a thread clientside?
There may be applications that do this automatically, but right now I only know of the manual File > Save Page As for each page of the thread.

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I will be taking the forums offline within the next couple hours!

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Thank goodness for timezones cuz I'ma sleep right through it! Night y'all!

Zules

☕☕☕☕
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Did everyone survive?

It took longer than expected because many of the emojis in old posts were corrupted! But my host helped me fix them, yay!!!

EstherTb

Goddess of Fire
Umbration

Duality
I’m ready to collect my diamonds! Update rewards~

Reactions: Rue

Oegyein

Just your average every day Alien!
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
Thank goodness for timezones cuz I'ma sleep right through it! Night y'all!
"sleep through it".... not my finest moment.