Exvulnerum Music

Steady Eagle

Super Patron
Umbration

Caprice
Hi all. Like @Zules, I have creativity out the wazoo. My creativity happens to branch out around music. I have been making a theme song for each character and sharing with Zules. I have recently been okayed to share the creations on Soundcloud as well as here on the forum. I only have a few themes so far.

Steady Eagle

Super Patron
Umbration

Caprice
I tied to change the cover for Barry to my forum image but it won't.

Avidro

Deimon Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Very good choice of instruments! Sax for her mysterious, playful, new-outfit-every-scene personality, and electric guitar for her punk/goth/villain aesthetic. It sounds like something that might play on loop for her during a visual novel.

It does seem rather short, though, and I feel like it's lacking something. Perhaps more of an interplay between the sax and guitar would be nice, or some kind of dramatic finish or interlude. I'm not very musically literate, though, so take any suggestions of mine with a grain of salt.

Steady Eagle

Super Patron
Umbration

Caprice
Thank you for the listen! Being able to loop the themes is what I am going for. Guess I'm successful, yay! I'll go back into the project and see if I can make it more unlacking! I already have an idea.

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
I know I'm not a very engaging, but what does everyone think of the music that I am making for all the characters?
I can't speak for others here but personally I find it hard to critique this kind of thing.
Allow me to explain myself further.

Every person has their own interpretation of the characters and story that Zules has provided us with. While the text and facial expressions might mean one thing to you, they might mean something else to someone else. These differences can be minute but they can change the feel of the characters.

Additionally, the feelings particular instruments invoke in me are probably different from the feelings they invoke in you.

With that in mind, what right do I, a fellow reader, have to critique your choice of instruments or melodies for particular characters.

At least that's how I feel about the matter.

Steady Eagle

Super Patron
Umbration

Caprice
Thank you very much for letting me know that! You are free to use exactly everything that you just said in a critique of mine, or anyone else's music. You won't have to worry about hurting my feelings or making me feel bad about my choices of instruments or anything.

Just listening to my music and letting me know what you think is enough. I'm not going to go overboard and constantly edit a song just because one person might not like it. I would just like a little feedback!

Smiley100P

The only Ace Attorney you need
Umbration

Innervation
Im just-
I was gonna say that Amber's theme sounded like it was from a perscription drug commercial
And then flutes

Tee

The seeker of Knowledge
Umbration

Cognizance
@Steady Eagle

I am interested in the processes you go through when making one of these as well as the software you use to do so.